Neil Fud Lennon

madscot

Right ,its never been of the media about this fud .He tries to influence the refs before the games and if they get beat he castigates them after the game. He was seen on the box calling the ref a focking cheat four times when they played united .thoughts please.Craig Brown interview This is how to do it.

It doesn't help the situation when the referees admit lying.

I think there is a balance to be struck here between two polar opposites, I don't see why we should just accept referees have an absolute right to have there decisions and performances accepted without question.

It must not however deflect from the teams poor performances on occasions such as yesterday, Craig Thomson didn't miss a penalty or punt long balls up to a big defence.

He should though be held accountable for allowing Accies time wasting, cheating and general thuggery to go unpunished, Its not like this was a one off. He is at least consistently shite.

I think there is a balance to be struck here between two polar opposites, I don't see why we should just accept referees have an absolute right to have there decisions and performances accepted without question.

It must not however deflect from the teams poor performances on occasions such as yesterday, Craig Thomson didn't miss a penalty or punt long balls up to a big defence.

He should though be held accountable for allowing Accies time wasting, cheating and general thuggery to go unpunished, Its not like this was a one off. He is at least consistently shite.

Excellent post.

The thing that's bothered me the most that's come out of all this penalty controversy is what I heard on the radio the other day:

Apparently officials are graded on a ridiculous points system, they have to achieve a mark of 8.0 to receive an acceptable grade. For Craven's involvement he was marked down to 7.9 and effectively failed to perform, even although he really didn't do anything wrong - he was consulted and he gave an opinion.

My irk is that if this is how we grade them - no wonder fourth officials never get involved! They are scared to! How many times do we have a go at the linesman for not flagging for a clear handball on the touchline?

Do we really need such a constricting grading system in the game? Too much importance is placed on the role officials play (born of the ridiculous pressure we heap on them) it should be simple to run around a park and blow a whistle or wave a flag - instead we have a system so tightly wrapped in red tape and regulations that we have truly lost control on what is fundamentally a simple task.

Strip it down - start again - sort it out.

Aye I'm with you on this. Whilst I've no love for Celtic and, indeed, Neil Lennon is a fud of the highest order, he and his team have a point when it comes to what amounts to corruption in refereeing.

McDonald had admitted he lied, he has been reprimanded by his gaffers for it, so, on this occasion, Fud was right to complain. Ironically, the ref's change in decision was also right, which makes the whole thing scrambled eggs.

For too long referees and linesmen have been getting away with doing what the hell they want for 90 minutes, with smirks into the stands and big flourishes of the arms as if to go "look at me mammy, am getting on Sportscene!" and I think everyone should be able to have a say in what a referee does, and he should be able to explain his actions properly.

Thomson was on a different planet on Saturday, and whilst we couldn't have scored in a barra load o watsits he should have red carded the Accie who fouled Blackman for the penalty and he missed (well more to the point his linesman ignored) a blatant hand ball in the second half. Add to that the ignoring of Mensings bullish behaviour as well as a dozen lesser misdemenours and it's clear to see that they can go out there and take between them £2000 for 90 minutes work and do eff all for it. We, as a club, SHOULD question that, maybe some kind of procedure can be put in place where queries are put to an independent reviewer who can spend a week going through them, decide which ones are worth questioning and put it to the officials, because, as has been clearly shown with the Dougie The Liar incident, it's all jobs for the boys and a cover up when they make an arse of it.

So, yes, Neil Lennon is a fud, and yes he needs to act more professionally. But he has a point. Albeit accidentally.

• 2 weeks later...

Lennon isn't any worse than a lot of managers. Take Jim Jeffries or Billy Reid or any number of others. It wasn't all that long ago that our own manager at the time Jim Gannon was heavily criticizing referees. Don't remember having a go at Gannon when he was up to his tricks.

The really terrible thing isn't so much Lennons antics, even although he should grow up, it's the club behind him and its bizarre campaigns and stoking up of paranoia. That's the really cynical side of this.

Lennon isn't any worse than a lot of managers. Take Jim Jeffries or Billy Reid or any number of others. It wasn't all that long ago that our own manager at the time Jim Gannon was heavily criticizing referees. Don't remember having a go at Gannon when he was up to his tricks.

Are you kidding? Gannon was hung out to dry by his own club and fans when he started that. Funny thing was it wasn't decisions which went against us he was up in arms about.

They should be careful what they wish for as they get far more than their fair share of decisions. I find the fact that it's Celtic complaining of bad refereeing so ironic it's breathtaking!! It's time the "diddy 10" took a stand as they're the ones that have been shafted for 100 years by decisions going in favour of the Old Firm. Fat chance of that though.

I think Rangers and Walter Smith's silence on this matter speaks volumes. I'm no fan of Rangers but they are right to stay out of it.

Neil Lennon is a fud who's hell bent on bringing the game to it's knees for a week just to prove a point, but John Reid is no saint in this situation either.

Do people genuinely believe that referees are intentionally biased towards the Old Firm? I for one don't; Rangers & Celtic probably concede the same amount of penalties & cards that they win, and I don't think for a second referees are biased towards them.

As for the quality of refereeing in Scotland, it's nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be. I know that'll go against the grain, but I've been to games where the ref has got 1 or 2 decisions wrong and read after the game about how bad the referee is alleged to have been.

Just like in any top league or competition their is a bias towards the bigger teams. Is it soley down to fan intimidation, or a self preservation?

Whats worrying for me is that the refs dont seem to understand or know the rules of the game to a compentent level, if the rumours of test failures are true. Seems madness that a ref can only know half the rules, but still be allowed to control a top league game.

no evidence other than what i've read on other websites, hence the use of the rumour word.

Perhaps, it is true given the lack of consistancy between decisions, from game to game. For example goal scoring opportunity stopped by foul and player is not even booked. Yet, same ref does send off player following week for similar offence, and presumably after a word in his ear by ref supervisor. Maybe, that is the real problem and not bias.

With the lack of refs comming through the system, perhaps they are being pushed on by the SFA, way before there are anywhere near compentent to control a top level game.

Why do the sfa not tell lennon @ co to shut it !!!!!!!

He seems to feel that he can rant and just say , look the refs lied!! so i can do as I want

I think that sums it up, doesn't it? McDonald has done himself no favours by lying - or more likely admitting to it! I personally think refereeing is shocking, but I'm not jumping on the Lennon/Reid bandwagon, cos those are two spoiled paranoids out to make a name for themselves as some kind of crusaders.

Referees SHOULD be held accountable for mistakes - an independent body charged with deciding on legitimate claims and then investigating those (which everyone up to and including the police have) would solve all this nonsense. Neil Lennon on a "no body loves us" and "its a conspiracy" wrap is just bollocks.

And striking? Please. Dummies and prams more like. You get paid more an hour than police, doctors, firemen and nurses, and all those guys take much more serious abuse on a weekly basis than any referee. They need to get a grip. They ARE rubbish. Why can't we say that? And, more to the point, why can't a manager when those wrong decisions (never mind the subsequent cover up) have a direct effect on peoples jobs?