Fir Park Stewards

chrissypmfc

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On examining his post, the beach ball incident was using a sledgehammer to crack a nut, it was out of proportion. You maybe surprised that I understand it is echoed by senior employees of the club. However look at it in context, we've had the fuzz breathing down the clubs neck due to the behaviour of some of those who sit at the South end of the East Stand. Flares and interlocking arms and facing away from the pitch gets the cops jumpy, that permeates down to the club and finally the stewards.

Think back over the past year .... items thrown onto the pitch from the East - ying, stewards patting down supporters at the turnstiles for 2-3 games afterwards - yang. Flares set off by an element of the Motherwell support - ying, zero tolerance behaviour of some stewards in the aftermath - yang.

You'll always get at least one jobsworth in a group that gets a power-trip from wearing a high-vis vest, that goes for blokes building motorways, cops, binmen or stewards. best not give them an easy excuse to go on that aforementioned power-trip

Ask yourself one question if you sit in that area ... do you want the MD spending a fair bit of her time fending off fines, placating the league and police or out trying to maximise commercial revenue that ultimately will be passed onto and invested in on-field talent?

Don't be surprised if initiatives are implemented in the months ahead to encourage atmosphere with an emphasis on that particular area of the East, but only if safety isn't compromised and the inhabitants don't take a mile when you give them an inch.

I agree with what is being said here. Basically the SPL keep saying that they are going to crack down on clubs for their fans' behaviour both at home and away. Whether that be through fines or point reductions it means that all the fans are going to be affected by the behaviour of a few. A fine could mean something else that the club could use but then can't afford. Point deductions could mean the difference between third and a relegation battle.

I am not against folk enjoying the games but flares and turning your back to the pitch and linking arms are not the way to do this. Yes the lads should be allowed to sing, chant, have flags, beachballs, etc. They should be allowed to stand to a certain extent but please don't do anything that could get SPL sanctions as that causes problems for everyone.

I agree with what is being said here. Basically the SPL keep saying that they are going to crack down on clubs for their fans' behaviour both at home and away. Whether that be through fines or point reductions it means that all the fans are going to be affected by the behaviour of a few. A fine could mean something else that the club could use but then can't afford. Point deductions could mean the difference between third and a relegation battle.

I am not against folk enjoying the games but flares and turning your back to the pitch and linking arms are not the way to do this. Yes the lads should be allowed to sing, chant, have flags, beachballs, etc. They should be allowed to stand to a certain extent but please don't do anything that could get SPL sanctions as that causes problems for everyone.

Is this bad like? Only I saw a full end doing that very thing during the Lech Poznan v Man City game last week. They should be closed down. :wallbash: