Inverurie - 28/1/09 - Postponed

Guest 'Flow

Thats pish though because there'd need to be a fee paid to them and lets face it, how many of us are going to go to some pishy wee 3rd division ground on a freezing monday night?

The only sensible place to move the tie to would be Fir Park.

It's a total disgrace, our preparations for the weekend are now going to be all over the place, a total shambles, the SFA should hang their head in shame that they have allowed this farce to continue, they knew fine well after the Vale of Leithen tie that this pitch was unfit for the purposes in the winter and yet have offered no assistance.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats pish though because there'd need to be a fee paid to them and lets face it, how many of us are going to go to some pishy wee 3rd division ground on a freezing monday night?

The only sensible place to move the tie to would be Fir Park.

It's a total disgrace, our preparations for the weekend are now going to be all over the place, a total shambles, the SFA should hang their head in shame that they have allowed this farce to continue, they knew fine well after the Vale of Leithen tie that this pitch was unfit for the purposes in the winter and yet have offered no assistance.

Aye but the SFA don't do sensible. It's not allowed. And even if it were to be moved at this stage, both teams will have to agree to it, and I don't see Inverurie agreeing to a switch away from their home for the biggest game in their history.

That's another thing, bloody Jack Frost?

Why haven't they got our covers, or invested in some of their own?

We don't need ours for a few weeks and if we were desperately needing protection, there's the baloon.

Any good feelings about this tie are quickly disappearing.

All pretty dispiriting really. Quite sad really that you wait for years for that elusive exciting draw that takes you to somewhere new and to see how sour its all turned in many folks eyes.

There's an increasing amount of anger on the boards, but I'm not sure where it should be best directed to be honest.

I find it hard to lay any blame at Loco's mind you. They are where they are in the country and as such are subject conditions such as those experienced.

You just wonder if the SFA should have something in place where if after 3 attempts or whatever the onus is put on the host to seek an alternative venue but that brings other complications such as where tickets have been sold, costs for renting the other ground etc. so I don't know if even that's an option.

Just so frustrating for everyone, Locos and 'Well fans.

You're right, Neil. All the buzz and excitement is quickly fading away, and even my desire to go is now wilting given all the inconvenience it's caused with work and suchlike so far.

However, I don't think we should give them the balloon unless we take the costs involved out of their share of the gate. I know they're a cuddly wee pub team, but we've got to look after our own shop first. It's hard enough on us that the last couple of weeks training/preparation has been disrupted, but for us to lose out financially aswell wouldn't be fair.

Frazzle

Agree that any anger here should be directed squarely at the SFA for not having anything in the rules to cover this situation and for offering no assistance, support or idea's to help get this game on. Locos's are in this because they are members that meet the criteria set down on paper just like us and they are probably more desperate that anyone to see this match happen as they also have 5 postponed league games to play as well.

I was really hopeful this would be played today as the weather will be just as bad for the next 10 days so what next!!!

Gaag, as far as I'm aware it can be switched to Fir Park as long as the home team drawn wish it. I might be wrong in that, but it has happened in the past. As AndyRoss says, East Stirling v Rangers was moved at the request of the East Fife board. Also, I seem to recall a tie between Aberdeen and Elgin a few years back that was switched to Pittodrie. Think that was the League Cup mind you.

EDIT: Apologies...dum fuck that I am mixed up my Easts! Ha Ha! Too stressed at work I tell you! Not East Fife board, East Stirling Board!

I stand corrected SuperCC, thanks for looking into this.

Still doesn't change the fact that they should move it another venue, if not Fir Park somewhere else. Don't know about you, but four call-offs for one cup tie is three more than acceptable in my book and two beyond a complete and utter joke. Surely a move to a nearby stadium would be the best solution.

Forecast is.....

In summary, there's a change on the way. High pressure to the NE will introduce a colder Continental flow during Sunday and the cold weather look like persisting into next week. There's a great deal of uncertainty regarding the track of a westwards-moving cold pool; if it should cross the UK (as with the MetO run) then widespread snow is likely. If it misses the UK then generally chilly and dry conditions are more likely.

I satnd corrected SuperCC, thanks for looking into this.

Still doesn't change the fact that they should move it another venue, if not Fir Park somewhere else. Don't know about you, but four call-offs for one cup tie is three more than acceptable in my book and two beyond a complete and utter joke. Surely a move to a nearby stadium would be the best solution.

More annoying is that in the Scottish Junior Cup the home team is only allowed 3 attempts to stage the tie before it is moved :lol:

I stand corrected SuperCC, thanks for looking into this.

Motherwell cannot complain as it is unacceptable to have any games postponed in the SPL, and we're already at one this season. Not to mention the last 5 seasons grand total, including three attempts to play Celtic!

We as fans have the right to complain as we continue to be inconvenienced, and a postponed league match against a team who (in theory) are only 20 minutes down the road is far different from one that is over 3 hours away and trying to be squeezed in at very short notice in undesireable time frames.

Motherwell cannot complain as it is unacceptable to have any games postponed in the SPL, and we're already at one this season. Not to mention the last 5 seasons grand total, including three attempts to play Celtic!

Can see what you are trying to say but I dont think any fan of MFC spoke in defence of the FP pitch at anytime during our own postponed games. In reality, we complained as loudly as anyone re the state of FP and we have every right to still complain now without being hypocritical.

Although on this one, moans will get us nowhere so lets cross our fingers for a Highlands heatwave (thats about 8 degrees) and lets get this out the way before St Midden :rolleyes:

We as fans have the right to complain as we continue to be inconvenienced, and a postponed league match against a team who (in theory) are only 20 minutes down the road is far different from one that is over 3 hours away and trying to be squeezed in at very short notice in undesireable time frames.

Indeed!

This is becoming a joke! The tie simply must be moved. It's nothing to do with us trying to bully the smaller club, it's just that you simply can't fuck around with peoples work commitments the way they are.