Transfer Window January 2011

Tartan Copper 2

it'd be disastrous I think if either left in january, never mind to the OF!

Is it ever a disaster when we lose a player? I mean, how many brilliant ones have we lost? Ian St John? Davie Cooper? Dougie Arnott? Faddy? Uncle Phil? etc etc... they go, new ones pop up in their place. It's the nature of the beast.

However, I agree, I'd love them to stay, and, with long term contracts, well, let the tills open if they DO get circled by the OF or England...

If you think Humphrey has no talent then you not been watching very closely lately. Lot more to him than just the pace, no doubts the final ball could be improved but technically he has come out with some of the finest touches of any in the team in past couple of months.

Forbes has some talent but if he had half the talent some make out his lack of fitness and strength would be something he should be overcoming a lot better. Countless times I've seen him look utterly lost and lack the touch or compsure on the ball to find a man when his lack of ability to run with the ball has failed him. In a slower paced league he might well do better and would love to see him develop into a regular player if he could reproduce the efforts that brought him to prominance but I'll be surprised if that happens.

A couple of touches and the odd trick every 3 or 4 games still doesent make me think he has all that much footballing ability. I like him as a Motherwell player, dont get me wrong i'm glad hes in our team but if he ever moves to a higher level he will be severely found out.

A couple of touches and the odd trick every 3 or 4 games still doesent make me think he has all that much footballing ability. I like him as a Motherwell player, dont get me wrong i'm glad hes in our team but if he ever moves to a higher level he will be severely found out.

If he goes to a higher level, he will do the same there, PACE... will beat most left backs, and with the extra qaulity at the higher level they will be able to use him to his max... creating the space which he will use effectively. Dont worry he will make it at the next level.

If he goes to a higher level, he will do the same there, PACE... will beat most left backs, and with the extra qaulity at the higher level they will be able to use him to his max... creating the space which he will use effectively. Dont worry he will make it at the next level.

You are to Humphrey what Hammerfist was to Casagolda.

Humph's pace is due to him winning the genetic lottery and to be fair we're benefiting. In terms of that element to his game there are only a few things he can work on in training to improve what he already had, for me these are acceleration and stamina.

There are many other elements such as positional awareness, anticipation, distribution, decision making and final delivery that have all improved considerably since the start of the season. I would say I'm very happy with the progress so far and I look forward to what he'll be doing in 6 months time if he maintains the current learning curve.

However I would add I don't think he is anywhere near Scotland material at present. Secondly he needs to address what he can do when he is being stifled in a game (i.e. Celtic) to make more of an impact and aim to get the majority of his final balls into the box regarded as dangerous opposed to wasteful. If and when he manages that then he will raise himself onto the next tier.

More often than not, its not the winger alone that creates his own space, yes from time to time as shown by HUMPHREY he can make his own space by useing his (Genetic) speed as stated above, but in games that are tight and messy he will need the space creating for him with classes touches, well weighted through balls, not as is most cases long hopefull balls over the top in the hope of getting in behind (Craggs) 200 yard crowd splitting passes.

The Celtic game early in the season was the only game where there was no space in behind the left back, this was due to a few factors, mainly the left back had a little bit more up top than your average SPL left back..and is arguebally of international qlty, we were overun in midfield and had no time on the ball, when the return match happends these issues will have been sorted, HUMPHREY is now coming inside and his (one trick pony) skills seem to work week in week out so why use anymore of them. Watch his game, watch his touches, you might actually see there is more to his game than PACE, but as stated many times whether he bought the Pace, or he found the Pace the fact is that there is knowone in the SPL or many other leaugues that come anywhere near his pace, his touch is improving, his final ball is improving, his positional play is improving, overall i am happy with his progress and to state that he is knowhere near Scotland level is suggesting that Scotland our a classy outfit, we all know that we are knowhere near classy... If Humphrey played against the Faroes he would of done the same to them as he does to every left back in the SPL....every week. Humphrey will be in the next Scotland squad whether or not he has the backing of his doubters.

The last eight or so matches it has been stated by radio and TV pundits he has been unplayable at times..When i started this thread on HUMPHREY and MURPHY, i believed in these young lads we have some outstanding footballers with the potential to go all the way for club and Country, why do we have to find fault with them, as long as people highlight there negatives, i will continue to support there positives. In HUMPHREY we have a player who has improved beyond recognition, to this we have to thank GANNON for believing in him in the first place and Browny and Archie for developing him.

Although he does put Humphrey's name in capitals, that is actually one of the best run down of a player you'll ever read on this forum.

Also, I don't think it is fair to puin-point him if he doesn't turn up every game, look at Gareth Bale, probably the best left winger in lets be honest, the world right now... made to look simple and easy to play against by Everton. Happens to the very best too (Messi v Inter; C.Ronaldo v everytime he has played against Puyol in a competative match).