Mcghee Talks Up Clarky

numpty

A back-handed way of trying to attract some bids, perhaps? :notworthy:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/...86908-21063340/

MOTHERWELL manager Mark McGhee is delighted no one has come in for rejuvenated striker David Clarkson.

The 23-year-old has been back to his best recently and scored a superb goal against Dundee United last Sunday.

McGhee said: "David's body shape and the way he moves is better. He now looks more of an athlete - bigger and quicker.

"I watched some games on DVD and in one match, David had more touches than anyone else but gave the ball away 74 per cent of the time so I worked on him retaining possession.

"He now has a Scotland cap and is a completely different animal."

I think a lot of Porters headlines are made by the hard work of Clarky.

McGhee has improved Clarky (not altogether sure when I could last comment on a Motherwell manager actually improving a player) and I suspect that there is a lot still to come from him.

If he can become a regular goalscorer as well as maintain his link up play and tireless running he will be a fantastic player who will attract a lot of attention, and possibly a big bid or two (not that I am in a hurry to loose him).

mon_da_well makes a good point - the improvement in the team from Malpas to McGhee is personified by the turnround in Clark'ys performances.

Still think he could be a top class player.

He reminds me or Bergkamp, without the finesse.

Totally agree, though was reticent to mention it as it sounds outrageous!

Clarky's technique has improved almost 10 fold since the gray days of the MoMal regime! His overall play has improved far greater than I could have imagined, and he is approaching 'complete player' status in my opinion!

As Lord McGhee states, his physique has dramatically improved in his Lordship's time at the club - and Fitzy's is also bulking up! Just a shame other players dont have the eagerness to improve to the same extent!

Keep it going David - fast approaching our most valuable player!

(Frazza B @ Jan 23 2009, 01:19 PM) post_snapback.gifStill think he could be a top class player.

He reminds me or Bergkamp, without the finesse.

Totally agree, though was reticent to mention it as it sounds outrageous!

Clarky's technique has improved almost 10 fold since the gray days of the MoMal regime! His overall play has improved far greater than I could have imagined, and he is approaching 'complete player' status in my opinion!

As Lord McGhee states, his physique has dramatically improved in his Lordship's time at the club - and Fitzy's is also bulking up! Just a shame other players dont have the eagerness to improve to the same extent!

Keep it going David - fast approaching our most valuable player!

Yes it sounds outrageous but it's testament to the improvement in his play that we can say that without fear of contradiction. Clarky has ALWAYS impressed me, even when he was going through a bad patch under Malpas he was still trying his heart out. He doesn't hide when the going gets tough and always gives 100%.

I reckon he's a much more important figure to the team than anyone else.

I think Clarky is one of our most important players. Certainly in the top 3. He was magic last season, but let's be honest, murder under Malpas and not too hot for a couple of seasons under Butcher aswell.

Probably my favourite player though. Hope he can keep it up!

Clarky has matured into a superb player, workhorse up front who chips in goals to boot. Very important to us, which was underlined when he was out recently.

Allways liked his work ethic,and agree was missed recently.............just lacks a bit of composure re final ball and finishing imho.

Allways liked his work ethic,and agree was missed recently.............just lacks a bit of composure re final ball and finishing imho.

I think theres an element of trying too hard which contributes to that, the boy is desperate to continually do well for us, no surprise given his pedigree.

If he can relax just a little then watch out SPL

Delighted to see him score in front of the home fans today. First since Celtic - which didn't really mean anything so basically first meaningful goal at home this season!!

DC is quality, a true 'Well player who seems to have his feet firmly on the ground. I really hope he is in the claret and amber for many, many years to come, hopefully long enough to become an absolute club legend - and make his uncle very proud!!

'Mon the Clarky!!!

I am probably the only one who thinks that Clarkson is an average striker who has his good games. imho he has got nothing that makes him special. His 1st touch has been and is still woeful and has his left foot only there to stand on.

Yes, he fights and runs, but that is something that everyone should do.

Dont get me worng, I appriciate every goal he scores and I noticed he became stronger, but I dont know why he is special....

I'd simply say take him out of the team and see what happens. No coincidence we weren't doing well at all when he was absent this season.

Next too all other players who were out... couldnt say it was for Clarkson alone.

Dont get me wrong, he can run down defenses, has his good games and goals like the one against Dundee Utd come from nothing, but I simply dont think he is that special.