Thanks Youngy

Megastar

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just like to say thanks Youngy for all your help and effort over the last few difficult weeks. It can't be easy coming from youth development manager into the cut throat of the SPl and against the current top three sides.

Well done and keep up the good work with the young guys

Agreed cheers Youngy Motherwell through and through !

Could/Would, you have done any better Mr Diggle ? Honestly ?

I don't know if i'd have done beter mate.

But I know without a shadow of a doubt I wouldn't have shat out of changing things vs Hearts and Rangers

Youngy shat it big time and unfortunately I have no respect for him for that. Thats zero (and being complementary)

In his time in charge he did the square root of fuck all - he deserves absolutely no credit.

I'm sorry - if he'd have done something I'd have been full of praise.

But he did fuck all - so there's nothing to credit him for.

Pleased he's back to his day job

Just like to say thanks Youngy for all your help and effort over the last few difficult weeks. It can't be easy coming from youth development manager into the cut throat of the SPl and against the current top three sides.

Well done and keep up the good work with the young guys

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Thanks for the kind word Diggle, I have my reasons for hating Gannon which believe he had he stayed in charge any longer we were sliding down the table and heading for the relegation dogfight, the writing was on the wall after the heavy defeat to Rangers and getting humped at home by St Johnstone.

I believe Youngy also deserves some credit, came in at a difficult time where Brown and Knox left us for Aberdeen, he loves the club and wouldnt fuck off at the first opportunity that arises, he also works very very hard day in, day out to get the next batch of youngsters in our first team. I know him personally and feel very privileged that he had this opportunity.

Nothing personal against the man but he took charge of 3 games and 2 of them were the most spineless performances I have ever seen by a Motherwell team.

Just had to watch Alan Gow not break sweat agian, not jump for a header, shite out of every challenge and let his opponents waltz past him. It's ok tho cause he had a good pass in the hearts game.

We need team players, fighters and winners - lets hope Stuart McCall can install that in our team because I'm afraid Gordon Young couldn't.

Thanks for the kind word Diggle, I have my reasons for hating Gannon which believe he had he stayed in charge any longer we were sliding down the table and heading for the relegation dogfight, the writing was on the wall after the heavy defeat to Rangers and getting humped at home by St Johnstone.

I believe Youngy also deserves some credit, came in at a difficult time where Brown and Knox left us for Aberdeen, he loves the club and wouldnt fuck off at the first opportunity that arises, he also works very very hard day in, day out to get the next batch of youngsters in our first team. I know him personally and feel very privileged that he had this opportunity.

gannon has fuck all to do with the thread and I hev no apologies for calling you a dick in bringing him into it.

Absolutely fuck all to do with anything other than perhaps a personal dig at myself for defending him on other threads. and the old dragging us into the relegation dogfight is just utter utter pish.

but like as many many people have said - people defend him because dicks like yourself have a go when there is absolutely no reason to bring him into the conversation.

The thread is about Gordon Young's spell in charge. That's Gordon Young exclusively - no other individual

I gave my views and they are as valid as anyone's.

Anyone else can provide theirs

What the fuck Jim Gannon's got to do with it I fail to see.

I'm glad you know him personally and i'm sure he's a decent fella.

But in his spell in charge he did diddly squat - so unfortunately I feel he shat it so there y'are

Well Steve Diggle who would you have had stepping up for the three weeks? Because someone had to be there to take the reins and I don't know who else would have done it any better. It was a particularly difficult couple of weeks with some tough games, and the other factors such as the fixture postponements, and training being disrupted due to the weather. Hopefully now the boys can get back on track. OK it looked like they maybe weren't trying 100% but in any job disruption and uncertainty are unsettling no matter how well paid you are. It is now time to move on and see what McCall has to bring to the job, and what lies ahead for the rest of the season.

And all the best to Youngy for the rest of the season in the youth set up.

Nothing personal against the man but he took charge of 3 games and 2 of them were the most spineless performances I have ever seen by a Motherwell team.

Just had to watch Alan Gow not break sweat agian, not jump for a header, shite out of every challenge and let his opponents waltz past him. It's ok tho cause he had a good pass in the hearts game.

We need team players, fighters and winners - lets hope Stuart McCall can install that in our team because I'm afraid Gordon Young couldn't.

How can you say that? :thumbup:

Jim Gannon's a c**t

@ Diggle - as your avatar suggests - its all in your head.

Young admitted he wasn't management material. He held together a team that had the carpet whipped out from under its feet by the lovely wee gent and did the job to the best of his abilities. And under the circumstances he did a bloody great job. Three games against the best three in Scotland - chances are wee Broon would've lost all three games too.

I really don't get you - you're either just unrealistic or you actually are Jim Gannon.

Incidentally, I witnessed our worst hour and a half under Gannon at Ipox. That was 6 going on sixteen.

For the record - Jim Gannon = great scout but NOT a manager, summed up by his past and his future, and by some of his questionable contract demands. FACT. Or do you know different, like? The guy - signings apart - was a disaster for the club. Let it go FFS it's in the past.

Anyhow, thanks to Youngy for keeping the lads going under incredible circumstances and from stopping a full implosion of our club.

All the best.

@ Diggle - as your avatar suggests - its all in your head.

Young admitted he wasn't management material. He held together a team that had the carpet whipped out from under its feet by the lovely wee gent and did the job to the best of his abilities. And under the circumstances he did a bloody great job. Three games against the best three in Scotland - chances are wee Broon would've lost all three games too.

I really don't get you - you're either just unrealistic or you actually are Jim Gannon.

Incidentally, I witnessed our worst hour and a half under Gannon at Ipox. That was 6 going on sixteen.

For the record - Jim Gannon = great scout but NOT a manager, summed up by his past and his future, and by some of his questionable contract demands. FACT. Or do you know different, like? The guy - signings apart - was a disaster for the club. Let it go FFS it's in the past.

Anyhow, thanks to Youngy for keeping the lads going under incredible circumstances and from stopping a full implosion of our club.

All the best.

@ muzz

What the fuck has jim gannon to do with this thread?

well fi2810 - I know someone had to.

i'm only saying that he did fuck all

And?

The guy is quite clearly uncomfortable in a manager's role and has no desire to be there. He's stepped up to plate because we needed someone. What exactly were you expecting from such an arrangement?

Personally, I'd have expected much, much more from a bunch of players who knew they had to produce without a manager spoon feeding them, rather than turning up on Sunday (for example) as though they couldn't care less.

Never a football manager, but then he knows that. Cheers Youngy.

youngy is a good well fan but so is jim frame and there's a chance a he might have done better with the team.

the 2nd half against rangers was a shambles and starting with gow up front on his own tonight was shocking, it took the guy 40 mins to pass the ball to a motherwell never mind hold the ball up.

if jenno is getting investigated for getting himself sent off then someone should be checking if youngy is getting backhanders from gow's people.