Stuart McCall Speaks

postiejim

Enjoyed the interview. He seemed relaxed and for the most part I liked what he said and the way he said it. On a personal note, I wish he would get a proper haircut, he looks the same as the last time I saw him which was probably in the 80's.

arsehole from the BBC reminds McCall the Well have been in Europe for the last 2 seasons, forgive me if I'm wrong but haven't we made it into Europe the last 3 seasons, quality reporting on a team out with the old scum

Certainley enjoyed listening to his interviews so far, seems to be saying all the right things. Just hope everything goes well on the pitch. Nothing better than a win at Douglas Park to get his tenure at Fir Park off to a flyer and I'm sure more fans will start to get behind him. Looking forward to his first game in charge, hopefully McCall has managed to put a bit of his own stamp on the side in the last few days as watching that drose under Gordon Young was unbearable.

Anyone else worried that he thought Young done exceptionally well? If that's his idea of exceptional :angry:

He said himself that he didn't have the skillset to be Motherwell manager ... he's doing a splendid job with the youth players, but it's a huge step up to the first team. Cut the guy a bit of slack. In my opinion, he was on a hiding to nothing, Hearts, Rangers, Celtic ... who else would have done better?

He said himself that he didn't have the skillset to be Motherwell manager ... he's doing a splendid job with the youth players, but it's a huge step up to the first team. Cut the guy a bit of slack. In my opinion, he was on a hiding to nothing, Hearts, Rangers, Celtic ... who else would have done better?

Not having a go at Young just questioning how those 3 performances can be classed as exceptional. Thank the man for stepping up & praise him for his work with the youths but don't tell him he done exceptionally well as manager the man himself will know he was pish & will just see this as being patronised.

New Motherwell manager Stuart McCall keeps it in the family as he looks to the future at Fir Park

Stuart McCall's signature was still fresh on the contract he had signed at Fir Park when he turned his attention to signing a potential star of the future at the end of the current campaign.

Motherwell's new manager will be bringing his wife and children up to Scotland to join him when the English schools finish this summer and McCall's teenage son, Craig, will be given the chance to come through the club's impressive youth system

"Since I resigned from the Bradford City job in February we've been really close, travelling to lots of matches together," said the 46-year-old.

"Craig plays for Bradford's Under-14 side and he's been doing really well. I'd also been helping out with the coaching there.

"Is he a chip off the old block? Nah…he can play a bit and pass to team-mates although, like me, he can't run. As for signing him, that was part of my contract! Not only that but he gets to be captain and take the penalties as well."

McCall sought the advice of Motherwell's previous management team before accepting the job. He had, after all, worked with Archie Knox at Rangers and been a key component of Craig Brown's Scotland team during the 1990s.

"Archie spoke in glowing terms about the club and Craig came on to give me some hints," he said. "Both gave me great encouragement to go for it. They built a good spirit here and you can sense that.

"Loan deals have been successful for this club. I know the state of play and there will be no one coming in without someone going out. However, if anyone leaves, then I can bring in like for like."

McCall also revealed that he was returning to his roots north of the Border by taking charge of the Steelmen.

"My first Scottish game was Motherwell v Celtic in 1978," he said. "Peter Marinello scored a couple and 'Well won 2-1. My dad took me along and it was persisting :notworthy: down with rain."

Sure he said pissing............!

Peter Marinello scored a couple and 'Well won 2-1

Frustrating player at times but but Marinello eventually showed what a rare talent he had. A truly gifted footballer who should have achieved more in the game.

On a side issue, what the fuck is he wearing in this picture with Geoff Hurst? :notworthy:

2vsp3ev.jpg