Fao Leeann Dempster

dinnae-punt-it

So as has been mention the two leagues of ten is about strengthening the second league so they have a better chance of making money therefore strengthing Scottish football. Ok so what about Rangers and Celtic giving the rest of the teams more of the money to strengthen scottish football. Sorry I forgot they can't do that because it isn't fare. They are on the tele more so they must have most of the money.

Instead of a top division why not have 2. Yes 2 top divisions.

League A would look something like this / League B would look like this.

Dunfermline / Aberdeen

Hearts / Dundee

Dundee Utd / Hibernian

Falkirk / Rangers

Livingston / Clyde

Celtic / Hamilton

Motherwell / Airdrie

Inverness / Morton

Partick Thistle / Ross County

Raith Rovers / Ayr United

In each league each team plays each other twice. Then the top 5 teams of each league form the top league for the remainder of the season. The points will be set to zero again and then the so called best teams will play each other twice to see who will be champions of Scotland. No relegation in the top league just go for the championship. Relegation for the bottom four teams in the second league. There you go scottish football is saved. Job done :drinks:

Not bad actually but I'll say one thing......you'll not get much support in Paisley, Perth, or, Kilmarnock that's for sure. :evilgrin:

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's amazing isn't it we've got two Englishmen in the highest posts in Scottish Football. One Doncaster came from Norwich City and the other, Stewart Regan, came from Yorkshire Cricket Club. Between them they know less than fuck all about Scottish Football, and we wonder why the games in the mess it is?

Can't say it bothers me, certainly no worse than the usual suspects that would be filling those positions otherwise. The English FA managed to survive with a Scotsman in charge after all, albeit only for a couple of years :drinks:

Price is the a massive issue. People won't pay anymore. They are fed up with getting charged £20. £22, 26 pounds to sit and watch total crap football. Once fans have gone it is nearly imposible to get them back. When are clubs going to wake up and have a real go at getting fans back.

Yea so what we need is a prize draw for a car... :drinks:

I'm not reading another 12 pages of this, what was this threads happenings then?

everybody's smashed their sky boxes and from now on are going to watch the juniors while occasionaly taking weekend trips to england and around europe to watch top class football.

decorator is the only motherwell fan left so the team are probably moving to cyprus.

Been saying it for years join with the SFL & tell the OF to gtf. I can't be arsed with this we need the OF shite. How exactly would we be worse off without them? They take all the money, monopolise the league, shame Scotland with their c*#t supporters & even rape other teams of their best players. What part of that is good for Scottish football? And one things for sure once they realise they are left in an SPL of just the two of them they would come crawling back as they would have no league to be part of. Then we could have them back on our terms including they start in the bottom division. The problem with Scottish football is the OF. Sort them out you sort out Scottish football. Keep pandering to them then Scottish football is dead please turn out the lights & let's go watch curling.

Been saying it for years join with the SFL & tell the OF to gtf. I can't be arsed with this we need the OF shite. How exactly would we be worse off without them? They take all the money, monopolise the league, shame Scotland with their c*#t supporters & even rape other teams of their best players. What part of that is good for Scottish football? And one things for sure once they realise they are left in an SPL of just the two of them they would come crawling back as they would have no league to be part of. Then we could have them back on our terms including they start in the bottom division. The problem with Scottish football is the OF. Sort them out you sort out Scottish football. Keep pandering to them then Scottish football is dead please turn out the lights & let's go watch curling.

:doh:

everybody's smashed their sky boxes and from now on are going to watch the juniors while occasionaly taking weekend trips to england and around europe to watch top class football.

decorator is the only motherwell fan left so the team are probably moving to cyprus.

it's to warm over here for the poor wee lamb's :doh:

Flow, I realise that this is a bit of a tangent, but given the debates about ticket pricing etc., its been something I've been wondering.

I know there are companies stateside that work on behalf of clubs in order to sell tickets, to groups, corporate packages etc. To entice folk, they to the tailgate parties, events for kids, events for families. I realise that theres a fair number of differences between our football and theirs (mainly because we use our feet). We see it a bit down south and what strikes me anytime I've been to a Premier League game is the number of complete families there, Mum, Dad and weans altogether.

What I'm asking really, has the club ever been approached by a company that would do this, or has the club taken a look at doing things along those lines? I know that you've done bits, I just wondered if there was any scope for a more all encompassing approach.