Player Budget

wellfan83

having a large amount of money raised for a players wage does not guarantee

getting a decent player in

imagine the scenario,JB at a press conference"i would like to thank all the fans

for contributing their hard earned money to this cause,the player we have signed on the strength of this fund is alan gow/ a n other" :angry:

if you want to throw money into the pot buy a few more 50/50 tickets

youth developments the way ahead

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am getting to the point now where I think that the best idea is for Motherwell never to pay out money on another transfer or expensive loan deal again. After all it is a market we are less than competitive in as Aberdeen and some Blue Square mob have shown this week.

I tend to hark on about Gannons philosophy but right there was the future for a club like ours. Yes Gannon was not the man to see it through but Well should be known as a team that brings on young talanted players (the Mark Reynolds of this world). Anybody who plays for the first team should come through the youth system and the money that is generated produces the best youth system in the country. It may be that Motherwell are going that way already.

If this philosophy takes us to the First Division so be it. I would rather watch Motherwell produced players fighting for a First Division title than watch journeymen pro's and 6 month loan deal money grabbers (Nick Blackmen, Alan Gow and a list as long as your arm of leitchs out to make a quick name for themselves) slog it out in the shite that is the SPL every week.

To the original poster, I understand your desperation to improve things but I think it is time we stop throwing good money after bad.

if you want to throw money into the pot buy a few more 50/50 tickets

youth developments the way ahead

:unsure:

and

I would rather watch Motherwell produced players fighting for a First Division title than watch journeymen pro's and 6 month loan deal money grabbers (Nick Blackmen, Alan Gow and a list as long as your arm of leitchs out to make a quick name for themselves) slog it out in the shite that is the SPL every week.

:nod:

I tend to hark on about Gannons philosophy but right there was the future for a club like ours. Yes Gannon was not the man to see it through but Well should be known as a team that brings on young talanted players (the Mark Reynolds of this world). Anybody who plays for the first team should come through the youth system and the money that is generated produces the best youth system in the country. It may be that Motherwell are going that way already.

If this philosophy takes us to the First Division so be it. I would rather watch Motherwell produced players fighting for a First Division title than watch journeymen pro's and 6 month loan deal money grabbers (Nick Blackmen, Alan Gow and a list as long as your arm of leitchs out to make a quick name for themselves) slog it out in the shite that is the SPL every week.

Wholeheartedly agree with that, this reconstruction will not find the answers cos simply put there are none. We can only look after ourselves best we can and that to me is the way to do it. Sure it's a risk as others might see us doing things right and go the opposite way to take advantage of our position but that's their gamble. I'm confident we can continue poroducing enough good youngsters to see us right

Maybe you would, I'd still be there to but history says fans will desert the club in droves, when we can only get 3,500 for a Hearts game who will turn up for a match against Stirling or Brechin.

As for watching Motherwell produced players fighting for the First Division title, no chance.

a) One reason we attract good quality young players is we have a track record of using them in the top league. If we aren't in the top league a lot of those players will choose to go else where.

b) Revenues drop by 60% in the First Division. The first thing clubs do is axe youth development because they HAVE to keep the club afloat. There would be fewer Motherwell produced players and they would not be of the quality we have produced up till now. Basically we would have no chance of challenging for the First Division title with the youngster at our disposal.

It's a nice idea but it's fantasy stuff.

Seriously, as I said, have a word with yourself before you decide to come back and play the super-supporter role.

Alternatively, away and fling shite at yourself.

Well thanks for all the abuse. So I come up with an idea, get ripped for it then get told to fling shite at myself. And I thought I was entering into an adult conversation about helping Motherwell. Sorry for my ignorance. I ain't no super supporter I just support my team. End of and I just want the best for Motherwell just like every other Well fan.

Dont know if this would work but i've got my tin hat on so here goes. Over here Sydney FC have 2 different shirt sponsors. Their home shirts have Bing Lee (a shop like Curries) & their away shirts have Sony on them. Could this work for Motherwell? For example say Commsworld just now pay 50k to sponsor our home & away shirts. If you split it up & say Commsworld pay 30K to sponsor the home one & a.n.other company pay 30k to sponsor the away shirts then the club ends up with 60k rather than 50k (sorry for the lack of pound signs but the keyboards over here dont have them :rolleyes: )

To make it fair the club could wear the away shirts every away game where their wouldnt be a clash.

No idea if it could be done but if possible could be a way of producing a little extra coin.

Amber Nectar - Look as far as I'm concerned, you're coming up with ideas, at least you're volunteering them and at least you are trying to address our chronic shortage of funds. Only thing I'd say, even when the majority on here have suggested it doesn't appeal you have to keep in mind they would be the target market. When that happens, no need to flog the idea to death.

In his defence, some of the criticism of his suggestions has been over the top.

Amber Nectar - Look as far as I'm concerned, you're coming up with ideas, at least you're volunteering them and at least you are trying to address our chronic shortage of funds. Only thing I'd say, even when the majority on here have suggested it doesn't appeal you have to keep in mind they would be the target market. When that happens, no need to flog the idea to death.

In his defence, some of the criticism of his suggestions has been over the top.

In his defence, what do you mean? in his defence. Away and fling shite at myself is totally uncalled for. We are all Well fans and I would never aim that at any fellow Well fans no matter how much of a twat they were.

I take your point about doing my idea to death just thought it was a good idea.

In his defence, what do you mean? in his defence. Away and fling shite at myself is totally uncalled for. We are all Well fans and I would never aim that at any fellow Well fans no matter how much of a twat they were.

It means I was kinda supporting you to a degree, thought it was clear and self evident.

Neither would they if the weren't hiding behind computer