Marky Reynolds

welladad

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't honestly blame Mark Reynolds for wanting to move on. His performances did dip quite a bit during the past couple of seasons but I think that was more down to him playing beside a couple of right wallies in Graham Smith and Stephen Craigan.

I believe his original position prior to coming into the first team was left back and he was only originally supposed to be a fill-in as left centre back. Although he filled the position really well and always played for the jersey I really don't think he was comfortable playing there.

With his pace and passing ability I always felt he would have been better at left back or even left midfield - I think Jim Gannon felt this too as he did start him at left back a few times with a fair bit of succcess.

S.Wednesday are a big club and although (like a few others) lost their way a couple seasons back I think they will get at least get back to the Championship level. Mark is only 22 so this might be the first move up to bigger and better things as he will get noticed.

All the very best Mark and good luck for your future career.

23 years old, 202 first team appearances, great professional, exceptional athlete, and a good honest and sound guy that acknowledged MFC were good for him and done everything he could to show his gratitude.

Cheers, Mark

maybe we'll get to say goodbye if you are back up the road sometime we're playing

Mark Reynolds was a good Motherwell level SPL player. nothiing more nothing less. Said years ago that we should have bitten the h**s hands off when they offered near £1million(or what ever it was.). The guy how ever was a great class act for Motherwell. Average SPL defender, his pace helped him out a lot.

He was nowhere near a Scotland call up though IMO.

I hope his move south teaches him things he may not have been able to learn here and i hope he does well.

Good luck to him and I hope he goes on to better things

All the best marky reynolds i'd hope he'd get a bigger club than sheffield wednesday but it's a massive jump up from us.

I genuinely believe that mark reynolds contribution to the club in recent years was worth a lot more than what rangers offered for him a few years ago.

He's been there clearing up after craigan for years and his injury record and disciplinary record is exceptional.

All the best big fella