Left Sided Players

andybug

if we can find a new left midfielder great,if not Id like to see Jon Page installed @ left back + Stevie Hammell at left mid. Or Jordan Halsman called back and tried on the left. Both would mean blooding one of our young talents with Hammell on the same side helping them out with his experience

keep Murphy ot there

Total waste of a player. He's best playing off the striker, finding space and bringing other players into the game.

Also: Paterson was really poor at Aberdeen when he was there.

Total waste of a player. He's best playing off the striker, finding space and bringing other players into the game.

Also: Paterson was really poor at Aberdeen when he was there.

Only played a couple of games due to injury though.

Starting to feature a bit at Plymouth.

Contracts up at end of season.

3 good left footers at the club at this moment :- Halsman, Pollock & Lawless and also the young boy McKinnon in the under 19`s. Halsman is a left back and is playing well with Annan. Pollock and Lawless are the most skillful but need built up a bit more. So the tradition of left sided footballers at the club is still there. We should start to get the benefit of these guys beginning of next season or if not sooner.

Watched Halsman all season and he has played both in defence and midfield (on the left). If you were asking me his best position, I'd say left midfield due mainly to his goal threat.

Defensively, Bob Harris at Queens would be worth a shout - contract expires in the summer.

Watched Halsman all season and he has played both in defence and midfield (on the left). If you were asking me his best position, I'd say left midfield due mainly to his goal threat.

Defensively, Bob Harris at Queens would be worth a shout - contract expires in the summer.

How's he been playing. Does he look a decent player?

Siebsbarmyarmy:

Sorry I've not been clear here, My point was that if we don't get a left midfielder in, Jamie Murphy will continue to be our best option there, not where he'd like to play, or where i'd rather see him. No left mid brought in though and he's our best option. Were as Steve Hammell is a good left back, I can't imagine him causing terror in opposition defences