Grella Speaks

postiejim

Also what kind of a ridiculous question was "have you spoken to Claudio Reyna about the move?" ?!?!?!?

Just pick out a random American name and throw it in there. Would have made sense if it was maybe Edu or Beasley as he might know them from somewhere in the USA U21 (or whatever it is) setup. But Claudio Reyna?!

Going by that questioning precident I'm surprised he didn't follow it up with:

"We have lots of McDonalds, Coke and there is the odd Frankie and Benny's, you'll feel right at home no doubt?"

"Yeah those things are great and I'm thrilled to get them but I've heard other strikers have found mutton pie, butterys and Brewdog lager elsewhere in Scotland, which is really what I'm trying to emulate".

The standard of questioning from the Journo's blows my mind at times. I love how often rather than ask questions they just make a statement and then expect players to ellaborate upon it.

i.e 'That was end to end stuff today and in terrible conditions' Journo stops talking to signal that he has apparantly asked a question.

Reassuring to hear him say that one of the attractions in the move was the Manager. Can forgive him the better move in Scotland gaff. He was kind of set up for it.

I can see this yin not being a cult hero :D As long as he puts in MAXIMUM effort and grabs as many goals as possible (especially against Aberdeen) then I don't really care a jot.

Totally agree, :P He is not our player, its a 6 month gig so if he does well and scores a few goals for us good, If he wants a move to a bigger club then he needs to work hard which will be to our benefit. A repeat of the 2nd half of Jutkewitcz's season would do nicely.

The thing is, Grella isn't angling for a move. Simon Grayson wants him to get game time with a view to rejoining the Leeds squad next season. The gaffer does like him, so isn't looking to punt him, just looking to get some experience. Bearing in mind, Gella is only in his second full season as a pro player and it's a huge jump from College & Development leagues in the US.

I can see this yin not being a cult hero :D As long as he puts in MAXIMUM effort and grabs as many goals as possible (especially against Aberdeen) then I don't really care a jot.

Don't see why not, other guys on loan deals have seen them become "cult hero's" in their short stints with us.

I must admit that I'm looking forward to seeing this guy play for us as I believe he is a class player that could help kick start our season again and might just be the difference we need to have a good scottish cup run.

So just a wee bit of responsibility on the guy's shoulders then :P

Don't see why not, other guys on loan deals have seen them become "cult hero's" in their short stints with us.I must admit that I'm looking forward to seeing this guy play for us as I believe he is a class player that could help kick start our season again and might just be the difference we need to have a good scottish cup run.

So just a wee bit of responsibility on the guy's shoulders then :thumbup:

I was meaning if he keeps inadvertently talking up Aberdeen.

i dont think there is anything wrong with what he has said

he knows he's here to get games, and if he plays well, he knows he will have a better chance of getting into the Leeds team

fingers crossed he does as well as Lukas and Nick, but as mentioned above - what will McCalls strongest strike force be now?

I think its fair to say that Casagolda is bottom of the list.........will it be Grella and Murphy? Grella and Sutton? Maybe see Murphy pushed out wide, and keep Jones and Humprey on their toes??? Surely its not going to be Murphy and Sutton?!?! Not that Im compaining about that patnership, but if it is, then I dont see the point in bringing this guy in