Are The Ones Who Run Our Beautiful Club......

Taff

Guys. I'm Charlie Bennett Head of Adult Learning and Motherwell Fc in the Community. As such I run the Club's Community Programme. I've noticed a couple of comments on the forums recently referring to our community programme.

Motherwell Football Club are very active in the community and we should probably make our fans more aware of what we are achieving, and the very positive effect our work is having on individuals, groups, and local communities.

I'll have a chat with 'Flow and maybe get a special feature on our work on the Club website, and the programme.

I'll just give a couple of wee examples just now. In the last 5 months over 80 people have achieved an IT qualification in our Learning Centre. Our Fit Fans in Training programme is the most successful in the Premier League, and the numbers of young people coming along to our community coaching sessions has increased by 30%. In fact we are very close to putting up the SOLD OUT sign on eight of our community courses.

If any one would like more information on our Community Programme and our development plans you can email me at Charlie.Bennett@motherwellfc.co.uk and I will get back to you asap.

WelsmaninWell - I note some of your comments and would welcome the opportunity to alleviate your concerns. If you give me a ring on 01698 239 926 I'd be happy to meet with you and reassure you of our commitment to local communities.

Hay Charlie, Thanks very much for your reply and phone number :lol: Although part of my concerns were your lack of activity within the community, My main concern is the lack of effort by the club to promote games and get butts on them seats.

ps. Did you know in the 2007/08 season our average attendance was 6,598 :doh:

I'm sure everyone associated with the club, try their best to promote MFC in a positive way.

But the problems they encounter are basically, a substandard product for the price!

Lets say MFC are operating in F1 and sell block bookings "season tickets" to attend races.

The fans are excited about prospects although realistically we aren't going to oist team Red Bull for example.

You set up your team, you tweek things week by week making improvements as you go and half way through the championship your doing a fantastic job.

Unfortunately, things change at this point and your well performing car is replaced with an auld "morris minor" with 3 wheels, oil leaks, burst seats wi' springs spearing yer arse "and the driver only has a provisional."

Ring any bells!

Now,

A. Try convincing your fans that the season ticket was money well spent.

B. Convince them to buy one next year.

With the greatest respect, the thread wasn't really having a go at the clubs work in the community, more having a go at the poor ticket sales for the semi final and the fact that people in the community were not aware that the game was on and that the club could maybe have done more to promote sales. Two totally different things IMO.

I second this...........

I dont doubt that people are benefiting from the work that you guys do, but thats not what the OP is asking (or how I'm interpreting it)

In the last 5 months over 80 people have achieved an IT qualification in our Learning Centre. Our Fit Fans in Training programme is the most successful in the Premier League, and the numbers of young people coming along to our community coaching sessions has increased by 30%. In fact we are very close to putting up the SOLD OUT sign on eight of our community courses.

of those 80 who hav achieved that qualification - how many of them have put back into MFC? or bought a ticket for the semi final?

of those fit fans - how many...............

from the community coaching - how many go the games (or make their parents take them)?? rather than getting to go for free?

For all the hard work and effort that you guys do to help those in the community - are the community coming out to help the Well??? I think not and I think thats where welshman is coming from