70's ....shotts Supporters Bus

Rory Bellows

Talking about a Shotts supporters bus...

Anyone ever go on it in the mid-late 70's?

I used to go quite regular.....I think it actually started in Whitburn....then Shotts, then I it also used to pick up some folks (Bomis?) at Newmains

Mental times indeed....like having loads of bricks chucked at the bus at Clydebank :O

We also fielded a 5 a side team at some supporters do in Bellshill YM. I think.

I used to go quite regular.....I think it actually started in Whitburn....then Shotts, then I it also used to pick up some folks (Bomis?) at Newmains

Mental times indeed....like having loads of bricks chucked at the bus at Clydebank ;)

Me. Used to travel on this bus regularly then started going on the 56 as it gave a bit more flexibility if you know what I mean :P . Dont remeber the 5 a side team obviously was not good enough to be asked.

Definitely - started by myself (ably assisted by Andy Knott, Jim Stevenson (now in Australia I believe) and Gordon Eadie).

Ran home and away for the best part of 4 seasons - again before apathy set-in.

Actually started from Bathgate, through Armadale, Whitburn, Harthill, Shotts. Don't remember pciking up in Newmains other than for some away games - the Fergie brothers.

Yeah crazy bus, piling off at Clydebank, though having to drive back with a few windaes short. Arbroath in the Cup (52 seater with over 80 on it) the bus rocked when we hit Arbroath, chased the Lichties all the way up that hill at the monument - again a few windaes short on the return trip.

Aberdeen - when we had to wait for a relief driver - the other got pissed in the 'Welly Boot' and couldn't drive home and many, many more. Crazy but great times.

Still got 3 seats available if any of you guys want to take a trip down memory lane and go on this bus??? :rolleyes:

If we get to the final, I'm planning on arranging a "big" bus for it leaving from Shotts. Cause I left this to the last minute, a lot of the 'Well fans I know in the town have made other arrangements!

Still got 3 seats available if any of you guys want to take a trip down memory lane and go on this bus??? :rolleyes:

If we get to the final, I'm planning on arranging a "big" bus for it leaving from Shotts. Cause I left this to the last minute, a lot of the 'Well fans I know in the town have made other arrangements!

Driving down from Abereen and there are 4 of us. But if there is a cancellation and a 4th seat comes up PM me and we will take the seats as I wwould prefer not to have hassle of parking in and around Hampden. We will be leaving about 9am on Sunday so would need to hear before then (or I can PM my moby number just let me know).

Driving down from Abereen and there are 4 of us. But if there is a cancellation and a 4th seat comes up PM me and we will take the seats as I wwould prefer not to have hassle of parking in and around Hampden. We will be leaving about 9am on Sunday so would need to hear before then (or I can PM my moby number just let me know).

Will do mate...

What about the Shotts bus that ran from the mid 90's. Big Nanza (Graham Saunders) and Stuart McLean organised it and it went to away games for years, left from the 32 club, cos they had a car park, no other reason. Few folk no longer with us now that used to go on that bus. Had most of my favourite days as a 'Well fan going on that bus.

Now a member of the Fife and Tayside branch, great bunch of folk, and we are taking our first bus to an away game on Sunday.

Mental times indeed....like having loads of bricks chucked at the bus at Clydebank :mellow:

Only ever went once, (to Easter Road late 70's). Was helping my father out in the shop at Shotts when I was sent an erand up to Stane Corner. Saw Bomis (RIP), Panjo and Fergie in the Cafe all scarfed up and waiting for the bus ............. not that it took much but they coaxed me into "telling" my father I was going to the game :P It worked, he gave me a fiver and off I went. Great day out, think I was the only sober one on the bus ......... eh Winker :whistling:

+ That was a steep hill in Arbroath, bluddy knackered by the time I got to the top. Thankfully the locals had all ran off, was way too knackered to swap pleasantries :blush:

That's why you never got back mate - no one was allowed on the bus sober. Did you think all buses were like the Central Branch?

And all the way to Easter Road on a fiver (changed days indeed).

Another time we made our way to a midweek game at Tannadice - just after Roger Hynd had taken over. Got as far as Kinross and the bus fan belt snapped. Driver refused to attempt to take the bus on any further. Tried to flag a few buses down but all were full (again changed days) and he eventually decided to turn around and get the bus back as far as he could, and call for a replacement. Managed as far as Kirkliston, where we all piled into the New Liston Arms Hotel, where lo and behold they had a stripper on (Honey - and she was) - where was Decorator when you needed him. Pissed, stripper and as we found out later the game had been called off at the last minute - result for the West Lothian/Shotts boys.