Humphrey Signs 1 Year Extension

Maxi

Motherwell Football Club are today delighted to confirm that winger Chris Humphrey has signed a one-year extension to his current contract.

The Jamaican-born winger has been in sensational form this term, so much so, a call-up to Craig Levein’s Scotland squad has been muted in some quarters.

The deal brings an end to a month of transfer speculation in which he has been linked with various clubs both north and south of the border.

Despite interest from both north and south of the border, the 23-year-old has penned an extended deal that will keep him at Fir Park until the summer of 2013.

Speaking exclusively to motherwellfc.co.uk, Humphrey said, “When the club approached me and asked if I would sign an extension to my contract it was an immediate answer.

“When my family and I were going through a very difficult time the Club and the fans offered us amazing support. We are very much settled here and I could not be happier than to agree to extend my contract with a club that offers the support that we received when we needed it.

“I just hope I can perform to the best of my ability and repay the faith shown in me by both the club and the fans.”

Chief Executive Leeann Dempster added, “This is yet another example of the club trying to keep the best young talent here at Motherwell and I, along with the rest of the board and the manager, am thrilled Chris has agreed to extend his deal. Chris has been excellent and this show of loyalty to the club should not be underplayed.”

Great news. Nice to see someone commit to the club and hold them in the highest regard rather than whoring themselfs elsewhere.

When he's on his game he is a class act, I'm sure he will prove to be a valuable asset over the course. Well done Humphrey :notworthy: .

He might not be quite as good as Tartan Copper makes out, but he's still a decent player and it can't be under-estimated just how good an asset his pace is to the team.

In fact, on Hampden's large pitch, the Humph's pace could be the most important thing if we actually have any aspirations of winning the game.

Anyway, glad to see he's signed an extension and great to see a bit of loyalty.

He might not be quite as good as Tartan Copper makes out, but he's still a decent player and it can't be under-estimated just how good an asset his pace is to the team.

In fact, on Hampden's large pitch, the Humph's pace could be the most important thing if we actually have any aspirations of winning the game.

As long as there is someone at the BACK post to meet his crosses. I get fed up when he puts a cracking ball in at the back post and the clueless fucks shout shite ball when all it needs is someone to be where they should be. So Sutton get to the back bloody post :notworthy: .

In case you didn't get that it's the BACK FUCKING POST!!! :ph34r:

For me he is a hit or a miss type player, but well done the lad for getting it sorted (apparently) quickly, and showing loyalty and faith in the club :notworthy:

Crossed my mind as well - here's hoping :ph34r:

MON RA DOSSERS

why would we sell him for 100k this summer when he is contracted for another 2 seasons?

Cos he's worth less as his contract runs down?

And Finlay, he might be half way through a 3 year contract but come the summer he'll be going into his final year when his worth dramatically falls off.