Flares And Fireworks

scott_mfc

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

cheers for a good laugh on this thread! I personally will be crossing a road and standing up after drinking alcohol so anything could happen at the game.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

Taking your life in your own hands pal.

In seriousnes, the attitude most fans have on this stuff is so ill informed. Moans all the time about falling attendances, yet people on here are happy for the younger support, who will be the support for Motherwell for several dacades to come to be switched off for daring to have fun at the football with their mates. I think in Germany they stopped clamping down on pyro and general hijinx in stadiums because it was gettin youngsters engaged in football and through the gate. Illegal or not people should be supporting their own support at least for the effort in trying to create some kind of atmosphere.

In seriousnes, the attitude most fans have on this stuff is so ill informed. Moans all the time about falling attendances, yet people on here are happy for the younger support, who will be the support for Motherwell for several dacades to come to be switched off for daring to have fun at the football with their mates. I think in Germany they stopped clamping down on pyro and general hijinx in stadiums because it was gettin youngsters engaged in football and through the gate. Illegal or not people should be supporting their own support at least for the effort in trying to create some kind of atmosphere.

:nod:

Is it not also an offence to enter a football ground drunk? how about we condem the whole happy clappy jack daniels brigade aswell for breaking the law too? After all just the way it is innit?

Its also an offence to sell someone alcohol when they're drunk, so yeah.

I said this in a different thread, but if there are a few hundred flares and smoke bombs going off, it can look quite impressive. If there are one or two going off, it just looks like a couple of weans with a banger.

Definitely not cool.

weeyin, you are absolutely right. :(

Don't know what all the fuss is about, according to the tag next to the picture "little stranraer took a leaf out of the Italians book with a flare show before saturdays cup tie with Well"

Feck all to do with us if you believe the daily rancid :whistling:

I noticed that, but I think they are in on it!!! They are blaming the wee team so we dont get into too much bother!

In a wee stadium like that there is no harm at all - I don't especially like them as I sometimes have found them really catching the back of my throat but on Saturday I just stepped about six steps to my right and was out of the smoke and those who want to be in the middle of smoke were happily getting smoked on. I like it less in some of the stands where you can't move out the way as easily (Tannadice being prime example). Though all for people having a good time and enjoying themselves and people need to be encouraged more rather than discouraged which is why I don't mind moving a wee bit. If there were smoke bombs the whole way round the terrace on Saturday I'd have been a bit peeved but as long as people are reasonable to my needs I'll be reasonable about their wants. And if any rocket brings a firework into the ground then jail is too good for them given how dangerous that is.