Cup Tie -v- Brechin City

Special aka

Pretty sure we had already drawn at Fir Park and Glebe Park, and that was in the days of 2nd replays at a Neutral venue.

Sure I remember a similar situation v Hibs at Ibrox circa 1976

3 really good matches.

The one at F.P. was the one with the hibs fan being taken away with the dart stuck in his head.

Pretty sure we had already drawn at Fir Park and Glebe Park, and that was in the days of 2nd replays at a Neutral venue.

Sure I remember a similar situation v Hibs at Ibrox circa 1976

Was at all 3. Remember huge Motherwell choir in the Copland Road End at Ibrox, and we won .... not often that happens.

Yep, I was only 10, so witnessed it from the Main Stand with my Dad. This was the same year that the evil h*n done us in the semi final I think?

Was that the same game we were beating Rangers 2-0 or thereabouts and they got that dodgy penalty when a 'Well defender tackled the guy at least a yard if not more outside the box, they scored and then came back to win it. Was sick that night.

Was that the same game we were beating Rangers 2-0 or thereabouts and they got that dodgy penalty when a 'Well defender tackled the guy at least a yard if not more outside the box, they scored and then came back to win it. Was sick that night.

Not embarassed to say I went home in tears that night

Was that game on a Monday night ?

It was indeed a Monday. I remember the Gers fans there to support us in their, at the time, fashionable red and white bar scarves. Great night and great to get one over Hibs chairman, Tom Hart if I recall, who insisted we play the game despite our flu problems.

Also, Joe Wark played the very next night at Hampden for the Scottish League team against the English equivalent.

It was indeed a Monday. I remember the Gers fans there to support us in their, at the time, fashionable red and white bar scarves. Great night and great to get one over Hibs chairman, Tom Hart if I recall, who insisted we play the game despite our flu problems.

Also, Joe Wark played the very next night at Hampden for the Scottish League team against the English equivalent.

Cheers !

Was at the first "dart" game,and was coming home from North Motherwell Boys club training at Daziel Annex,going by the Burns Tavern when we heard the result ! :lol: