Steelmen Online: 1952 Scottish Cup Final - Steelmen Online

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

Goggles ...  : (22 November 2014 - 10:26 PM) But in response to "I'm reactionary??" I think you proved my point with that rant
Goggles ...  : (22 November 2014 - 09:46 PM) So we've been beaten by the league leaders and previous league leaders, there's a lot of teams who can claim that. We were getting gubbed last season and eeking out results against bottom 6 and too many couldn't see the rot was already there because they had hardons after the last day antics
DEWELL  : (22 November 2014 - 08:45 PM) Im reactionary?? We're playing CRAP We've been gubbed 4-0 at home to Accies . We got gubbed home and away by Inv Caley. We've got players who cant pass cant shoot and cant defend.... :angry:
Goggles ...  : (22 November 2014 - 08:27 PM) And what can he do? And if he did anything other than McCall giving him credit in public, how would be know? Please advise.
Well Well  : (22 November 2014 - 07:56 PM) He has been there the whole time McCall has of course he is partly to blame. He done nothing as assistant to stem the tide of failure.
Ya Bezzer!  : (22 November 2014 - 05:48 PM) 6 defeats out of 7 is relegation form but you can hardly blame Black for that.
Goggles ...  : (22 November 2014 - 05:28 PM) DEWELL you are the most reactionary individual its ever been my misfortune to read on here
Welldaft Mk1  : (22 November 2014 - 05:28 PM) If we are still in business come next season and in the top flight, we WILL be running a similar wage budget to Hamilton and ICT. Their doing no bad.
Brazilian  : (22 November 2014 - 05:15 PM) 10th place was certainly never always the target this season, wait until you see the impact of bottom six(or worse) and humped out the cups has on the club and you'll see they never planned for it
siebsbarmyarmy  : (22 November 2014 - 05:15 PM) Stoke fecked me aswell for £250
underboylehe...  : (22 November 2014 - 05:10 PM) Black is still under contract until the end of the season, and unless he walks he will stay in some capacity.
DEWELL  : (22 November 2014 - 05:07 PM) Kenny Black better not be ANYWHERE NEAR Fir Park when the new management team is announced. He's as useless as Malpas. <_<
underboylehe...  : (22 November 2014 - 05:07 PM) I would celebrate like we have won the league. I couldn’t bare to play Sevco.
DEWELL  : (22 November 2014 - 05:04 PM) 10th place has always been our target this season. Hope we play our under 20's in cup game v Dundee Utd cos we cant afford any more injuries 10TH IS A MUST!!!!!
underboylehe...  : (22 November 2014 - 05:04 PM) Sevco would beat the majority of the SPFL sides in a play off. They would definitely beat us.
Ya Bezzer!  : (22 November 2014 - 05:02 PM) I think any team finishing 2nd in the Championship is favourites v 2nd bottom in the Premiership. Not much between the leagues in terms of quality.
underboylehe...  : (22 November 2014 - 05:02 PM) In fact it would mean certain relegation.
underboylehe...  : (22 November 2014 - 05:01 PM) It is looking like Sevco will be the team to beat to stay up, and we all know how poorly we play against them.
Pepper  : (22 November 2014 - 05:00 PM) stay on target, stay on target
underboylehe...  : (22 November 2014 - 05:00 PM) Our target for the season is 10th place.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1952 Scottish Cup Final

#1 User is offline   SteelmaninOZ 

• Motherwell Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Legends

Posted 01 April 2011 - 11:09 PM

Highlights of Motherwell FC's first Scottish Cup win in 1952 against Dundee in front of 136,000 at Hampden Park :thumbup:

C'MON YE WELL!

#2 User is offline   Kmcalpin 

• Motherwell Legend
  • Group: SO Well Society Members

Posted 02 April 2011 - 08:27 AM

View PostSteelmaninOZ, on 01 April 2011 - 11:09 PM, said:

Highlights of Motherwell FC's first Scottish Cup win in 1952 against Dundee in front of 136,000 at Hampden Park :thumbup:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=GYsShWBJshA

My late father was the game. In those days Billy Steele was Dundee's top gun and was reckoned to be the potential match winner. Dad was a member of the Flemington branch who ran several buses to the match. His abiding memory of the journey to Hampden was a banner that someone had made up. It read "We're not afraid of Steel - we've handled it all our lives". The rest is history.
Part of the problem is an unrealistic level of expectation. We see football from all parts of Europe on television daily and fans are expecting....the technical ability and flair they see from Spain's La Liga and the top end of the English Premiership. Thats just not possible. It seems fashion is over-riding common sense.

#3 User is offline   underboyleheating 

• Motherwell Legend

Posted 02 April 2011 - 08:38 AM

View PostSteelmaninOZ, on 01 April 2011 - 11:09 PM, said:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=GYsShWBJshA

It was a good day but they ran out of pies just before half time. Typical SFA, the seating and standing arrangements weren’t that great but humping the real Dundee made it all worth while. Posted Image

Posted Image "The most important thing in communication is to hear what isn't being said."

#4 User is offline   fatcalf 

• Motherwell Legend

Posted 02 April 2011 - 08:44 AM

Ma Da' lost his bunnet, chucked it in the air after one of the goals and it never came back.
The More Things Change.....
.....The More They Stay The Same!

#5 User is offline   wellfan09 

• International
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 April 2011 - 09:03 AM

i wonder how many of those fans were steelmen?

#6 User is offline   Waldo 

• Attracting Interest from Abroad
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 April 2011 - 09:43 AM

"and there's no sign of danger, until Redpath fires a snorter"

All time classic

#7 User is offline   decorator 

• Motherwell Legend

Posted 02 April 2011 - 10:32 AM

View Postfatcalf, on 02 April 2011 - 08:44 AM, said:

Ma Da' lost his bunnet, chucked it in the air after one of the goals and it never came back.

my auld man picked it up :evilgrin:
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Ya Bezzer! 

• Motherwell Legend

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:13 AM

Bring back the old square posts!

Anyone know how many Scottish Cup Semi Finals we've contested?

Last time against Rangers, 1990/91 of course, and I vaguely remember one before that against Rangers but that's as far as my memory goes back.

Anyone got the answer?
All Time MotM Awards (Since 2007!)19 - Keith LASLEY; 11 - Stephen CRAIGAN, Steven HAMMELL; 8 - Murphy; 7 - Hutchinson, Ojamaa 6 - Clarkson, Humphrey, Randolph; 5 - Reynolds, Sutton; 4 - Jennings, Vigurs; 3 - Higdon, Porter, McFadden; 2 - Forbes, Hateley, F. Kerr, N. Law, J. Leitch, McGarry, McManus, J. O'Brien, Reid, Ruddy, Slane, Saunders, Twardzik; 1 - Ainsworth, Anier, Carswell, Cummins, Daley, Fraser, Hughes, Jones, Malcolm, Moutaouakil, M. O'Brien, Quinn, Ramsden, D. Smith, G. Smith

#9 User is offline   Auldyin 

• First Team Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Books, some folk music,60's&amp;70's music, Playstation(though to old to be any good)and generally anything in the papers.

Posted 02 April 2011 - 02:04 PM

I was 4 year old with measles.Vaguely remember listening on the wireless with my gran as the rest of the family were at the game,mum,dad,uncles,aunts,whole family has always been motherwell daft.
My mother had a drink from the Cup and I got Archie Kelly's jersey.I remember it was kept in a drawer but through the years it vanished, haven't a clue what happened to it.

#10 User is offline   Kmcalpin 

• Motherwell Legend
  • Group: SO Well Society Members

Posted 03 April 2011 - 07:16 AM

View Postwellfan09, on 02 April 2011 - 09:03 AM, said:

i wonder how many of those fans were steelmen?

Estimates varied, but my father always said that there were "60,000 from Lanarkshire", whatever that meant. In those days we had a fair support from Glasgow, Ayshire and West Lothian too.
Part of the problem is an unrealistic level of expectation. We see football from all parts of Europe on television daily and fans are expecting....the technical ability and flair they see from Spain's La Liga and the top end of the English Premiership. Thats just not possible. It seems fashion is over-riding common sense.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users