Welcome to Steelmen Online
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

Twitter : (23 May 2015 - 11:26 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): @bongomouse Alistair, the Ticket Office isn't open tomorrow but will be open weekdays 10am - 5pm, Saturday 10am - 2pm & from 10am on gameday
Twitter : (23 May 2015 - 09:26 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): @ianmulvey Hello Ian. We're open Monday from 10am to 5pm and every day through to Friday, Saturday from 10am to 2pm and 10am to KO on Sunday
Twitter : (23 May 2015 - 09:21 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): @neil_hartness We aim to please Neil. Thanks for taking the time to make the suggestion. #MFCPlaylist
Twitter : (23 May 2015 - 09:19 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): @thewellfan14 Hello Chris. The ticket office will be open from 10am to 5pm on Monday.
Twitter : (23 May 2015 - 07:18 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): [GALLERY] Twelve action pictures from today's 0-0 stalemate with @ThistleTweet: http://t.co/MA7k1GC8wc
Twitter : (23 May 2015 - 07:11 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): ▶️ WATCH: Ian Baraclough admitted one or two players have given him food for thought ahead of the Play-off Final: https://t.co/ap9R1Ay9Kj
Twitter : (23 May 2015 - 06:33 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): [REPORT] Read Phil McGhee's take on today's goalless draw with @ThistleTweet: http://t.co/ydyoi0lQSS
Well Well : (23 May 2015 - 06:06 PM)

I bloody hope not...whats with this fascination with bringing ex-players back..??

Ya Bezzer! : (23 May 2015 - 05:41 PM)

One of Partick's least impressive players this season.

Del_Superwell : (23 May 2015 - 05:18 PM)

Higginbotham played his last match today reckons BBC sport, anyone think we could try get him back at Fir Park?

Ya Bezzer! : (23 May 2015 - 04:22 PM)

Nicky Law just said on radio "it looks like Josh will be staying at Motherwell a bit longer as well".

Twitter : (23 May 2015 - 03:48 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): FT | 0-0 | #MFCvPTFC Motherwell 0 - 0 Partick Thistle http://t.co/zOKafNGjTn
Twitter : (23 May 2015 - 03:43 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): 86' | 0-0 | #MFCvPTFC Straker floats in a great ball to the head of Sutton but it's easy for Fox. Straight at him from 9 yards.
Twitter : (23 May 2015 - 03:37 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): 81' | 0-0 | #MFCvPTFC Thistle sub, McLaughlin on for Higginbotham.
Twitter : (23 May 2015 - 03:37 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): 80' | 0-0 | #MFCvPTFC Great chance for Sutton as Moore squares it to him but with the goal gaping, he gets the finish all wrong.
Twitter : (23 May 2015 - 03:33 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): 76'' | 0-0 | #MFCvPTFC Partick sub, Craigen on for Wilson.
Twitter : (23 May 2015 - 03:32 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): 75' | 0-0 | #MFCvPTFC Great ball from Sutton sets Moore clear but under pressure from the defender, fires just wide of the post.
Twitter : (23 May 2015 - 03:26 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): 69' | 0-0 | #MFCvPTFC Higginbotham races through on goal and opts to cut it back to Taylor but Straker is there and somehow intercepts!
Twitter : (23 May 2015 - 03:21 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): 65' | 0-0 | #MFCvPTFC Moore wins a free-kick, 25 yards out. Ideal position....Sutton shoots low and forces a good save from Fox.
Twitter : (23 May 2015 - 03:18 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): 62' | 0-0 | #MFCvPTFC Final Motherwell sub, Law on for Laing.

Photo

1952 Scottish Cup Final

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

SteelmaninOZ

SteelmaninOZ

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,796 posts
Highlights of Motherwell FC's first Scottish Cup win in 1952 against Dundee in front of 136,000 at Hampden Park :thumbup:

C'MON YE WELL!

Kmcalpin

Kmcalpin

Motherwell Legend

• SO Well Society Members
  • 2,608 posts

Highlights of Motherwell FC's first Scottish Cup win in 1952 against Dundee in front of 136,000 at Hampden Park :thumbup:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=GYsShWBJshA

My late father was the game. In those days Billy Steele was Dundee's top gun and was reckoned to be the potential match winner. Dad was a member of the Flemington branch who ran several buses to the match. His abiding memory of the journey to Hampden was a banner that someone had made up. It read "We're not afraid of Steel - we've handled it all our lives". The rest is history.
Part of the problem is an unrealistic level of expectation. We see football from all parts of Europe on television daily and fans are expecting....the technical ability and flair they see from Spain's La Liga and the top end of the English Premiership. Thats just not possible. It seems fashion is over-riding common sense.

underboyleheating

underboyleheating

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • 5,972 posts

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=GYsShWBJshA

It was a good day but they ran out of pies just before half time. Typical SFA, the seating and standing arrangements werent that great but humping the real Dundee made it all worth while. Posted Image

Posted Image

"The most important thing in communication is to hear what isn't being said."

fatcalf

fatcalf

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • 5,144 posts
Ma Da' lost his bunnet, chucked it in the air after one of the goals and it never came back.
  • Kylie likes this
The More Things Change.....
.....The More They Stay The Same!

wellfan09

wellfan09

International

• Legends
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts
i wonder how many of those fans were steelmen?

Waldo

Waldo

Attracting Interest from Abroad

• Legends
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
"and there's no sign of danger, until Redpath fires a snorter"

All time classic

decorator

decorator

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • 1,687 posts

Ma Da' lost his bunnet, chucked it in the air after one of the goals and it never came back.

my auld man picked it up :evilgrin:
Posted Image

Ya Bezzer!

Ya Bezzer!

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • 3,674 posts
Bring back the old square posts!

Anyone know how many Scottish Cup Semi Finals we've contested?

Last time against Rangers, 1990/91 of course, and I vaguely remember one before that against Rangers but that's as far as my memory goes back.

Anyone got the answer?

All Time MotM Awards (Since 2007!)

21 - Keith LASLEY; 11 - Stephen CRAIGAN, Steven HAMMELL; 8 - Murphy; 7 - Hutchinson, Ojamaa 6 - Clarkson, Humphrey, Randolph, Sutton; 5 - Reynolds; 4 - Jennings, Twardzik, Vigurs; 3 - Higdon, Porter, McFadden, D. Thomas; 2 - Ainsworth, Forbes, Hateley, F. Kerr, N. Law, J. Leitch, McGarry, McManus, J. O'Brien, Reid, Ruddy, Slane, Saunders; 1 - Anier, Carswell, Cummins, Daley, Erwin, Fraser, Hughes, Jones, Malcolm, McDonald, Moutaouakil, M. O'Brien, Quinn, Ramsden, D. Smith, G. Smith.

Auldyin

Auldyin

First Team Regular

• Legends
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Interests:Books, some folk music,60's&70's music, Playstation(though to old to be any good)and generally anything in the papers.
I was 4 year old with measles.Vaguely remember listening on the wireless with my gran as the rest of the family were at the game,mum,dad,uncles,aunts,whole family has always been motherwell daft.
My mother had a drink from the Cup and I got Archie Kelly's jersey.I remember it was kept in a drawer but through the years it vanished, haven't a clue what happened to it.

Kmcalpin

Kmcalpin

Motherwell Legend

• SO Well Society Members
  • 2,608 posts

i wonder how many of those fans were steelmen?

Estimates varied, but my father always said that there were "60,000 from Lanarkshire", whatever that meant. In those days we had a fair support from Glasgow, Ayshire and West Lothian too.
Part of the problem is an unrealistic level of expectation. We see football from all parts of Europe on television daily and fans are expecting....the technical ability and flair they see from Spain's La Liga and the top end of the English Premiership. Thats just not possible. It seems fashion is over-riding common sense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users