Welcome to Steelmen Online
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

Vic Rattlehead : (29 March 2015 - 12:14 PM) my bad, pay out up to £100 in free bets
Well Well : (29 March 2015 - 12:05 PM) https://promotions.b...tionCode=ZAB025
Vic Rattlehead : (29 March 2015 - 11:58 AM) Was that in an email? Can't see it on their promotions
Well Well : (29 March 2015 - 11:44 AM) Betfair doing an enhanced 2/1 odds for new customers for a Scotland win and your stake back if they lose.
Vic Rattlehead : (29 March 2015 - 11:20 AM) default avatars. nice
Twitter : (29 March 2015 - 10:46 AM) Tweet(@ByTheMinMFC): Podcast recorded Buff is an absolute gent, so many great stories. Podcast online shortly - you can't miss this one!! http://t.co/VdvP1oS6RJ
Twitter : (28 March 2015 - 11:29 PM) Tweet(@ByTheMinMFC): Tomorrow morning we'll be recording our latest podcast - joining us will be a certain ex Motherwell centre half... https://t.co/jxwRsKvh70
madscot : (28 March 2015 - 11:17 PM) posted in NSFW
madscot : (28 March 2015 - 08:54 PM) What are you trying to d/l  Yabba ?
Yabba's Turd : (28 March 2015 - 08:20 PM) Anyone using IP Torrents having trouble? site's slower than a week in jail
Twitter : (28 March 2015 - 07:20 PM) Tweet(@ByTheMinMFC): Might just be a wee surprise upload tomorrow..... http://t.co/aaxyjFbsTe
Twitter : (28 March 2015 - 06:00 PM) Tweet(@ByTheMinMFC): Airdrie have been forced to change their badge, maybe they'll have a star above the new one in celebration of their Carbuncle award.
superward : (28 March 2015 - 05:13 PM) Android version seems fine now yabba. Its the blue mobile version. Previously it looked more like the full version bit not everything lined up.
GazzyB : (28 March 2015 - 03:20 PM) Wonder if he's a member on here...
GazzyB : (28 March 2015 - 03:19 PM) I got chatting with a poker dealer in Malta yesterday from Glasgow who was at the 91 cup final, small world
Yabba's Turd : (28 March 2015 - 10:38 AM) hanged back to the default mobile skin while I try and iron out the kinks
Yabba's Turd : (28 March 2015 - 10:15 AM) Is the full version better on the ipad?
pop84 : (28 March 2015 - 10:13 AM) Loads mobile version first on iPad, hit 'full version' and it looks great!
Yabba's Turd : (28 March 2015 - 10:07 AM) It does look ok on my Archos and android devices though
superward : (28 March 2015 - 09:59 AM) Looks a wee bit odd in my Android phone as well. Mobile Chrome browser. Will send you a screenshot Yabba.

Photo

1952 Scottish Cup Final

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

SteelmaninOZ

SteelmaninOZ

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,783 posts
Highlights of Motherwell FC's first Scottish Cup win in 1952 against Dundee in front of 136,000 at Hampden Park :thumbup:

C'MON YE WELL!

Kmcalpin

Kmcalpin

Motherwell Legend

• SO Well Society Members
  • 2,523 posts

Highlights of Motherwell FC's first Scottish Cup win in 1952 against Dundee in front of 136,000 at Hampden Park :thumbup:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=GYsShWBJshA

My late father was the game. In those days Billy Steele was Dundee's top gun and was reckoned to be the potential match winner. Dad was a member of the Flemington branch who ran several buses to the match. His abiding memory of the journey to Hampden was a banner that someone had made up. It read "We're not afraid of Steel - we've handled it all our lives". The rest is history.
Part of the problem is an unrealistic level of expectation. We see football from all parts of Europe on television daily and fans are expecting....the technical ability and flair they see from Spain's La Liga and the top end of the English Premiership. Thats just not possible. It seems fashion is over-riding common sense.

underboyleheating

underboyleheating

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • 5,970 posts

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=GYsShWBJshA

It was a good day but they ran out of pies just before half time. Typical SFA, the seating and standing arrangements weren’t that great but humping the real Dundee made it all worth while. Posted Image

Posted Image

"The most important thing in communication is to hear what isn't being said."

fatcalf

fatcalf

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • 5,144 posts
Ma Da' lost his bunnet, chucked it in the air after one of the goals and it never came back.
  • Kylie likes this
The More Things Change.....
.....The More They Stay The Same!

wellfan09

wellfan09

International

• Legends
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts
i wonder how many of those fans were steelmen?

Waldo

Waldo

Attracting Interest from Abroad

• Legends
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
"and there's no sign of danger, until Redpath fires a snorter"

All time classic

decorator

decorator

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • 1,685 posts

Ma Da' lost his bunnet, chucked it in the air after one of the goals and it never came back.

my auld man picked it up :evilgrin:
Posted Image

Ya Bezzer!

Ya Bezzer!

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • 3,485 posts
Bring back the old square posts!

Anyone know how many Scottish Cup Semi Finals we've contested?

Last time against Rangers, 1990/91 of course, and I vaguely remember one before that against Rangers but that's as far as my memory goes back.

Anyone got the answer?

All Time MotM Awards (Since 2007!)

21 - Keith LASLEY; 11 - Stephen CRAIGAN, Steven HAMMELL; 8 - Murphy; 7 - Hutchinson, Ojamaa 6 - Clarkson, Humphrey, Randolph, Sutton; 5 - Reynolds; 4 - Jennings, Twardzik, Vigurs; 3 - Higdon, Porter, McFadden, D. Thomas; 2 - Ainsworth, Forbes, Hateley, F. Kerr, N. Law, J. Leitch, McGarry, McManus, J. O'Brien, Reid, Ruddy, Slane, Saunders; 1 - Anier, Carswell, Cummins, Daley, Erwin, Fraser, Hughes, Jones, Malcolm, McDonald, Moutaouakil, M. O'Brien, Quinn, Ramsden, D. Smith, G. Smith.

Auldyin

Auldyin

First Team Regular

• Legends
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Interests:Books, some folk music,60's&70's music, Playstation(though to old to be any good)and generally anything in the papers.
I was 4 year old with measles.Vaguely remember listening on the wireless with my gran as the rest of the family were at the game,mum,dad,uncles,aunts,whole family has always been motherwell daft.
My mother had a drink from the Cup and I got Archie Kelly's jersey.I remember it was kept in a drawer but through the years it vanished, haven't a clue what happened to it.

Kmcalpin

Kmcalpin

Motherwell Legend

• SO Well Society Members
  • 2,523 posts

i wonder how many of those fans were steelmen?

Estimates varied, but my father always said that there were "60,000 from Lanarkshire", whatever that meant. In those days we had a fair support from Glasgow, Ayshire and West Lothian too.
Part of the problem is an unrealistic level of expectation. We see football from all parts of Europe on television daily and fans are expecting....the technical ability and flair they see from Spain's La Liga and the top end of the English Premiership. Thats just not possible. It seems fashion is over-riding common sense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users