-
Posts
12,229 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
101
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by Kmcalpin
-
Stay just as you are Grizzly.
-
Yes that would work. If 6 members, for example, submitted very similar comments, then a general reply would suffice. At the very least those 6 members could be sure that their concerns had been addressed.
-
I know this is an agreed governance issue Joe, but assuming that the club Board has 5 members, including 2 employees, are we saying that Society reps are outnumbered 3:2?
-
Sorry, don't agree. Given the posters involved, the Society will know who they are. The ones who have commented on here are extremely unlikely to be emailing them constantly over multifarious trivial issues. Unless the communication is illegal in nature, fractious or abusive then I think members are entitled to a reply. The Society does need to be more open. Its essential in fact.
-
I get that 100% Grizzly and I know a few others have become a bit disillusioned with the Society, as have I. The issue of the POD seats annoyed me. Of late, communication has been an issue for me. We are frequently kept informed of minor matters(nothing wrong with that per se), but not of major strategic matters such as the training complex or the feasibility report. As for the latter, I'm not expecting a detailed blow by blow account but simply an update on progress. In contrast, some members have encountered difficulties in getting their feedback taken on board or even considered. Not good enough for a fan led organisation. I have wondered of late just how much actual power the Society holds on the MFC board, despite being the proxy owner. Sorry for the off topic rant, but its been coming for a while, and Grizzly's post was the catalyst.
-
Absolutely. It wouldn't surprise me if we have to pay the fines immediately, but have to wait until the end of the season for our prize money. A parcel of rogues if ever there was one.
-
Talked to a Bantams fan this morning and they think the world of him. Devastated he is leaving.
-
Good post. At the end of the day, armchair fans rule. If they continue to pump their cssh into TV things will only get worse.
-
I kinda get your gist, but what is "horseshoe territory"? Not an expression I'm familiar with. Maybe just me.
-
9th, but I suspect you knew that. 3rd the season before that.
-
I should have added the usual caveat of not abusing anyone or cursing.
-
Duplicate post - please remove.
-
I agree in principle, but don't think we are reluctant to go long. Thats one of the biggest differences, for me, between JBA's team and AJ's team. We are now playing more long balls, irrespective of who is in the team.
-
Great post. Thats it for many - a relatively harmless way to let off pent up steam.
-
That was an important game for sure and a turning point. Celtic will prove to be a far sterner test and I won't judge AJ and his team too harshly if we don't win. I am looking for a good performance from us though and one which demonstrates progress over what we've seen so far. Probably the Kilmarnock game will be a better yardstick. The following Hearts game will also be a good indicator.
-
It will be a different kind of challenge to the ones we've faced recently. Celtic won't adopt a low block. However that means our team must show aggression, physicality and competitiveness. Are they capable of that? Also no free gifts please.
-
Yes, thats my fear too. If fans see a measure of progress both in terms of an entertaining playing style and results they'll stick with us. If they are more in line with last Tuesday and yesterday they'll drift away. Thats football though.
-
We've spent a fair wedge on players over the summer and AJ has had our largest war chest ever. Its not unreasonable to expect some return on that. I get though that new players take time to settle.
-
I agree that something isn't right just now, thats plain for all to see. Whilst there's no evidence of internal discontent, I did wonder if it was a possible factor in or explanation for some of our better/established players' form dropping off a cliff.
-
I think thats fair comment. The team does look devoid of confidence just now and that usually only occurs after a sustained run of poor results. Thats down to the management team to motivate them. Why are the players not fulfilling their potential? Maybe there's a range of reasons including new lads still settling in; players being asked to play differently from how they've done in the past; lack of onfield leadership; some individuals not being team players; and yet others not being as good as expected. Its up to the manager to man manage them. The comparison with last season is quite stark. Last year the mixed bag of players inherited by JBA surprisingly bought into his system quickly and you could see what quite clearly they were trying to do, albeit not very successfully in the early stages. This year, even with some continuity of personnel, we're struggling to see quite what they're trying to do. What exactly is our Plan A?
-
To be honest, I'm struggling to see how this season's approach is similar to last season's. Much more reliance on long high balls, and crosses into the box.
-
Never really thought about that, but you're right. On checking they are Norway's 2nd biggest team attendance wise and usually finish in the top 3. During his 2 full seasons there they finished 4th and 7th.
-
The time has now come for him to demonstrate his man management skills.
-
Just listened to his comments and they seem to be very much at odds with what folk are saying.
-
Thats fine and I get that, but many of us are not convinced by Matty Connelly.