Henri Anier

DUFCFan83

Hi Guys, United fan in peace here.

Looks like we're signing Henri Anier at some point today, if I'm not mistaken, he scored an absolute cracker for you guys in the 2-2 draw at Tannadice, last season. Looking at his goal record though, I, like a lot of other United fans, am completely uninspired by this signing. Obviously he'll get my full support when he pulls on a Tangerine shirt, but given that there's been a lot of talk that we may be in for Kris Boyd and Billy McKay, I find Anier's arrival to be pretty underwhelming.

Can you tell me what we're getting with Anier, is he a quick, pacey striker, or is he a big target man that can bring others into play?

Genuinely wish you all the best for the rest of the season, I've been shocked at how far you've fallen this season, as you're usually challenging at the same end of the league as ourselves. Hopefully you can gather a bit of momentum and finish above the Funsters.

He has got a good burst of pace and will run in behind and down the channels.

To be honest I think he was good without being much better than that. He is better than what we have at the moment but if I was a United fan I wouldnt get too excited as I think you probably already have better at the club just now.

What the others have said - strong, pacey, hard worker.

In 2013/2014 he had a good start with us and scored 7 of his goals before Christmas. He then had problems with shin splints which hampered his second half of the season and he started less and scored 2 goals between Jan and May. So, if he can stay fit he may replicate that first half season form.

When we sold him for what seemed like a decent amount I was genuinely surprised at the amount we got for him.

From what we could gather he had an in auspicious time in Norway with his previous club, I think the Ojamma connection alerted him and us to the possibility of a loan move initially.

He scored 1 minute into his home debut against Aberdeen but they went on to win 3-1.

He's a runner, not always easy to quantify how much that stretched defences to allow others to find space, so maybe not given enough credit.

As pointed out I was surprised you're going for him, as others have said, I suspect you've got better players already. The pace and delivery he'll get at Utd should mean he'll have plenty of ammo.

Was injured for quite a while and I was personally happy to see him go to free up a wage. Only issue is we didn't invest it properly.

Paying off our debts so we could survive was probably a smart investment.

I liked Anier, but don't rate him as highly as Ojamaa. He played well in a team that was playing well, but he'd probably be struggling as much as the rest of our mob right now. 11 goals in 4 years (9 of them with us) means the jury is still out for me on whether he is a genuine striker or not, but certainly put decent shifts in when he was fit.

Good bit of business on our part to move him on for a tidy sum.

United aren't blessed with numbers up top so I can completely understand why they would be in for Anier. GMS and Armstrong are better wide and with Bilate out if Ciftci is off they need another out and out forward.

He's a good player and with the pace already in the United team, you can only imagine him scoring a few goals.

I fucking love Anier. Despite playing injured for most of his time with us he displayed great strength, pace, composure, work rate and a real eye for goal. He won't miss many sitters. Even at that, I don't think we ever saw him at 100%. Great signing for united.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEZTgnwVr_E

Agree with this. Really underrated player.

• Like 1

Yet another good player who was wasted at Motherwell,did well got a contract and then found himself on the bench most games. Will do well at United.

I think perhaps letting your well documented antipathy towards Stuart McCall over influence your thoughts on this one postie. To suggest he was wasted is stretching it somewhat. There were several times he was on the bench even before his loan deal was made permanent.

Following that he had some time out through injury and had additional competition for a place up front from Faddy that hadn't really been there prior to Christmas and the emergence of Craig Moore which gave McCall a variety of options to choose from. And Bob McHugh :ph34r: