2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

To be honest not trying to defend Dazzer who can be annoying in his constant praise for Humphrey but some of the stick he gets on here is very harsh and unwarranted if you ask me(the Humph not Dazzer). I suppose cause Fitzpatrick's left and Forbes ain't playing somebody has to get the brunt of the abuse from certain sections of our fans. Just look at Sunday, by no means the worst performer yet along with Higdon he was the one getting it in the neck.

However Humphrey was in good form towards the end of last season, funnily enough after McCall dropped him for a few games. He's fast, good work rate, CAN beat a man and CAN put some good crosses in. Yes he's also capable of comical moments of tripping over the ball and firing crosses into the stand but if every one of his final crosses were a peach he wouldn't fucking be playing for us.

Right now he's clearly lacking a bit in confidence and looks to be struggling but this whole Humphrey is useless witchunt that's going on is ridiculous. Every non OF team in the SPL would like to have Humphrey as an option yet according to some on here we should just get rid off him cause he's pure useless. Ridiculous.

Anyway Daley, to me looks worth a punt. Could be someone to add something different.

This 'east stand boo boy' type of pish is getting boring, as the players got better encouragement on Sunday than they have against Rangers for a long time,yet when they fail to deliver it's all the fault of the fans.Bollocks.

This 'east stand boo boy' type of pish is getting boring, as the players got better encouragement on Sunday than they have against Rangers for a long time,yet when they fail to deliver it's all the fault of the fans.Bollocks.

I never mentioned the "East Stand boo boys" and never said once that the failure of the players to perform was down to the fans.:blink:

I merley stated that we have some fans who love a scapegoat and love a boo boy to have a go at. I don't sit in the East Stand and am not in any position to comment on what actually goes on in there other than hearsay. My main gripe was about people on this site who just seem to lambast certain players for no reason and I quite frankly couldn't give a shit where they sit at Fir Park.

The second part of that sentence is madness and something I never once mentioned so I have no idea where you are coming from.

I never mentioned the "East Stand boo boys" and never said once that the failure of the players to perform was down to the fans.:blink:

I merley stated that we have some fans who love a scapegoat and love a boo boy to have a go at. I don't sit in the East Stand and am not in any position to comment on what actually goes on in there other than hearsay. My main gripe was about people on this site who just seem to lambast certain players for no reason and I quite frankly couldn't give a shit where they sit at Fir Park.

The second part of that sentence is madness and something I never once mentioned so I have no idea where you are coming from.

And we also have some who seem to think any old crap is acceptable from anyone wearing Claret and Amber.

Just to be clear i don't like to see 'Well players harangued at the match but if blowing off a bit of steam on a forum upsets people then it defeats the purpose of having the forum in the first place.

I like Humphrey, and have been dissappointed to see him getting a tough time on here, and hearing it at the games. He was getting a lot of stick from around us on Sunday.

I would agree though, when he isn't playing well, he can seem a bit of a passenger, and he hasn't been playing that well.

I like Humphrey, when he is on his game he is both a valuable attacking weapon for us, and also a pressure release valve, he can move the ball from our box to the opposition byline very quickly which helps when we are under pressure.

However, when he's not on his game/doesn't fancy knocking the ball past his man/forgets he isn't technically gifted etc etc, he is shite - like he has been the last few games.

Hopefully, he will come out of this slump quickly, a confident Humphrey, full of form, bombing down our wing will scare any team we are due to play this season.

• Like 1

the guy hasn't kicked his own arse in the past 4 games. he's a one trick pony who seems unable to even perform that trick anymore.

it's a big boys game. either contribute what you're paid to do or face the consequences.

This.

as a well fan for over 30 years there have always been players who are targets for the boo boys, but for some when the fans have realised this and got behind the players they have improved. If memory serves me right Steve Cowan went from zero to hero and even had a song after him, hes fat hes round hes worth a million pounds. he was pants in his first games with us, but once we got over that and got behind him he improved and startd to score, kept us up against Dunfermline I beleive. Even after months of abuse the fans got behind Andy roddie and he started to improve ( slightly). There are many other examples fans could give i am sure so how about a dedicated song for Humphry and get right behind him.

As has been mentioned, Humphrey came good when he got dropped last season. Solution: -

--------------Las----Jenno------------------

Daley-------------------------------------Law

--------------Murphy----Higdon-------------

I think Daley would be a great addition as he can play on both wings, as a striker or a right back

Haven't seen really seen anything of him. Just a few mentions on the Football League show here and there but can't take much from that.

Usually with players like Daley though it's usually a attitude or mentality issue that is mentioned.

It's only fair to remember, though, that he was playing in the same league as Nicky Law has been plying his trade in for the last few seasons. Along with Greg Tansey, who we were linked with, before he joined ICT and looks to be a really good player.

Obviously not all of them are gonig to be as good a find as those guys.

Didn't stop McCall signing Jones last year. He seems to like going for players that have done him a turn in the past. Jones showed exactly why he's spent his career kicking about the lower leagues and I fear Daley may be the same. Our success with lower league players has tended to be with the younger ones that were in a bit of demand.

as a well fan for over 30 years there have always been players who are targets for the boo boys, but for some when the fans have realised this and got behind the players they have improved. If memory serves me right Steve Cowan went from zero to hero and even had a song after him, hes fat hes round hes worth a million pounds. he was pants in his first games with us, but once we got over that and got behind him he improved and startd to score, kept us up against Dunfermline I beleive.

All I remember about Stevie Cowan is him being fat, slow and useless. The hero thing must have passed me by.

On the official site:

‘Well capture French youngster

Wednesday, August 24, 2011HermannI23082011.jpg var addthis_product = 'wpp-255';var addthis_config = {"data_track_clickback":true};Gordon Young has moved to strengthen his Under 19s squad with the capture of talented French youngster Hermann Mboa Mekongo.

Mboa Mekongo, a holding midfield player, has been on trial at the club for several weeks and has impressed in friendly and bounce matches, prompting Young to chase his signature.

The eighteen-year old, who was born in Paris, was schooled at several French clubs but was most recently in the youth ranks of fallen giants Racing Club de France.

During his Youth Development schooling, he has also spent time with Ligue 1 club Valenciennes FC and the famed INF Clairefontaine, with its notable former students such as Nicolas Anelka, Abou Diaby, Sébastien Bassong, Louis Saha and Thierry Henry.

Speaking to motherwellfc.co.uk, Head of Youth Development Gordon Young said, “We were given the opportunity to have a look at Hermann and he has held his own. Because of his background, we have registered him as an amateur player but he will still very much form part of our Under 19s squad.”

Hermann will most likely form part of the Under 19s squad that will take on St Johnstone at Bathgate this coming Friday – kick-off 1pm.

Didn't stop McCall signing Jones last year. He seems to like going for players that have done him a turn in the past. Jones showed exactly why he's spent his career kicking about the lower leagues and I fear Daley may be the same. Our success with lower league players has tended to be with the younger ones that were in a bit of demand.

I'm not quite sure whether I think this is a good thing or not, particularly when one of McCall's selling points were apparently his knowledge of the English market.

Does it suggest that the fact that former players are happy to work under him for a second or in Nick Law's case, a third time that he must have a demeanour and style about him that players appreciate?

Or looking at it less positively, does it hint that there's a lack of a network of contacts and that he is going for a safer option of players he has managed before?

When we signed Nicky Law for example I think I would rather have heard that he was a definite target that McCall had identified and secured rather than stemming from a chance meeting on holiday.

Ofcourse in the end its academic whoever they are, wherever they've come from and how they've got here means little. The key factor is can they actually do a job for us.

All I remember about Stevie Cowan is him being fat, slow and useless. The hero thing must have passed me by.

Right back to my early days going to games. Honestly can't remember if he was much cop but do remember he found the net for us at crucial times during end of season fight against relegation on at least one occasion. Don't think he stayed around to long but did us a turn I think you could say.