2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sports/Motherwell-embrace-Daley-Midfielder-signs-two-year-contract-with-SPL-club_9532406

Did not know he had that many caps for the Reggae Boys :drinks:

Still work permit pending.............Grella springs to mind.....

I suspect he will be a lot like Humphrey......capable of great things and capable of not such great things.

Sport

Motherwell embrace Daley

Midfielder signs two-year contract with SPL club

BY SEAN A WILLIAMS Assistant Sport Editor

Saturday, August 27, 2011

print_page_icon.png email_friend_icon.png

Pacy Reggae Boy midfielder Omar Daley has joined Scottish Premier League (SPL) campaigner Motherwell FC on a two-year deal.

Daley, 30, wrapped up the deal with the Steelmen earlier this week, almost two months after his contract with English League Two outfit Bradford City ran its course.

"It's just a blessing to be be playing again," Daley told the Observer from Motherwell, the North Lanarkshire town yesterday.

Except for his work permit, Daley, the former Glenmuir High School player, said all other areas of business related to the deal have been settled, including a medal examination he successfully did yesterday.

"I have signed the dotted line... and I think I have to return to Jamaica to get my work permit stamped in my passport for me to return, I am 95 per cent sure of successfully getting it, though anything can happen," said the former Portmore United speed demon.

If successful, Daley could make his debut away to Scottish football's powerhouse Celtic in a couple weeks time, in what his expected to be a sell-out Celtic Park crowd of 60,000 people.

After five games, Motherwell are second in the SPL points table with ten points, the same as leaders and many-time champions Ranngers, who have played a game less. Motherwell have won three, drew one and lost one.s

Daley, who had stints in England with Reading, Preston North End and Bradford's fiercest rivals Rotherham, follows two other Jamaican playing top flight football in Scotland. Current Reggae Boyz player Ricardo Fuller did a spell at Hearts, while Jamaica's senior national coach Theodore strutted his stuff for Livingston.

"At Bradford I played in League Two, so this is definitely a better league because Motherwell have big clubs like Rangers and Celtic to contend with," he noted.

Daley, also known as 'Ratty', believes that the Scottish Premier League is not far behind the English Premier League in quality. "I don't think its a big difference as England and Scotland are close, so its the same style of living... same rules, but I think it's a good league and not much different from the English Premier League," noted the Jamaiaca, who has been capped 65 times for Jamaica's senior team since making his debut back in 2000.

Daley, whose promising career was once threatened by cruciate ligament knee injury at Bradford City against Darlington in 2007, says his move to Fir Park Stadium was facilitated in part by friend Nicky Law, a player on Motherwell's roster.

"He (Law) knew I was out of a job and went and had a chat with Stuart McCall, and that's how everything started to fall in place. I know that the gaffer (McCall)

has a lot of confidence in me... it's good to work with him again as he knows what I can do," Daley told the Observer.

The one-time League Two Team of the Season selectee, said McCall, a former Scottish international, was "impressed with me" in two practice matches.

"I have played in two squad games and the gaffer said I looked sharp as when I first signed for Bradford," Daley beamed.

The midfielder, who was a member of Jamaica's Under-20 team to that age-group FIFA World Cup back inn 2001, said at the mellowing age of 30 is yet to attain his playing best, but was quick to say he has matured in a variety of ways.

"I wouldn't say that I am at my best cause I am still learning, but what I would say is that I am more experienced, matured, hungry and more determined," he explained.

The Clarendon native said he was grateful to the JFF and coach Theodore Whitmore for

giving the opportunity to revive his flagging international career, which provided the lift he needed as he sought a new club.

Daley last represented Jamaica in a friendly match against China in that country some two weeks ago.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport/Motherwell-embrace-Daley-Midfielder-signs-two-year-contract-with-SPL-club_9532406#ixzz1WDnPLa7R

I'm having the page 1 credit if we get Leigh Griffiths.

Bar that, any more news on Omar Daley?

Well you can have -1 because he signed for Hibs as expected.

With respect to Omar, the Oracle of this arrival is none other than:

Omar Daley released by Bradford City, to renew his friendship with the Gaffer! seems like a good move, plays either left or right hand side winger, would free up Murphy (Should he stay) to play in his natural position up front.

Might be a Good shout!

it's a long hard winter and i think we need more depth and striker who can do the dirty work for us. we had a great march/april/may last season but it's easy to forget that in the bad weather we were mostly hopeless. our record in november/december the past 3 season is p.24 w.4 l.15 d.5. we need to make sure we don't have another winter slump.

That's a shocking stat! All the more worrying due to our tiny squad. Probably the strongest 11 we have had in a while, but minus Forbes (and probably Clancy) there are not many guys to step in. Normally we have had someone on the bench who could maybe do something to change a game not going our way. The performance at Clyde the other night was slightly reassuring.

That's a shocking stat! All the more worrying due to our tiny squad. Probably the strongest 11 we have had in a while, but minus Forbes (and probably Clancy) there are not many guys to step in. Normally we have had someone on the bench who could maybe do something to change a game not going our way. The performance at Clyde the other night was slightly reassuring.

It's also incredibly misleading. Jan/Feb typically has the worst winter weather and our record for the last 3 seasons for those 2 months (including Cup games) is pretty good:

2008/2009: Played 11. Won 5, Drew 5, Lost 1

2009/2010: Played 10. Won 6, Drew 3, Lost 1

2010/2011: Played 14. Won 6, Drew 2, Lost 6

Total: Played 35. Won 17, Drew 10, Lost 8.

And 2 of those seasons we only lost 1 game during those 2 winter months.

Statistics, eh?

• Like 4

Is it not normally midnight in Scotland, but earlier, 6pm or 7pm, in England?

Sure it is 11pm down south tomorrow - not sure about up here.... although had started to think it had closed already with such a huge gap between posts on this topic!