2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

From what I understand, Clarkson has managed to push his way back into contention at BC so I don't think we'll see him next season which is unfortunate as I think that he would fit perfect into the midfield position where folk are talking about Hughes.

Whats the point in getting Clarky on loan? In benefits no one.

However getting Porter and Hughes on 2 year deals benefits everyone, but if it is going to cost too much then we need to give it a wide bearth.

Obviously both want either more or the same as they were on in 2008 - so if that money was coming out of Boyles back pocket and he is no longer there then we need to look elsewhere.

every c**t who went to the final could start going to all the home games and we will be able to afford their wages and we can win the league?

Fine, if they're happy to pay for my flights to Scotland every other weekend out of those wages...

Fir Park isn't big enough.

if we have to turn people away every week cause there is no room I will be a very happy guy!

Fine, if they're happy to pay for my flights to Scotland every other weekend out of those wages...

don't think that would make the club money somehow :P

To be honest with you, having a player like Hughes in the team isn't about how many goals he scored, but how many the team does. In his first season, Porter scored 18, Clarkson scored 13 and McCormack scored 11. His influence on those tallies were priceless in my opinion.

If he manages to get us playing in a way that the forwards score, I'll be happy with that.

As for Ross Forbes, the boy has the ability to be a top class player, we just need to utilise it. As it has been mentioned further up the page, last season he was dropped on the back of some good performances, I.e after the Celtic game, probably his most battling performance with Motherwell, then he was left out. Also, in the 0-0 game at Tynecastle, the week before the semi-final, I thought he was the best player on the park by a country mile, but wasn't in the squad for the semi-final, that must have knocked his confidence. Like anybody I can see his fitness has real room for improvement and it is upto him to work hard to improve that, but he can spot and execute a pass better than anyone else in our team and it is a waste we aren't using that. That said he does only seem to fit into a midfield three and you shouldn't play a formation to suit one man.

How refreshing to read a positive post with common sense and backed up by stats on this board.

I agree - Forbes is one of the best football players on Motherwell's books. His ability to pick a pass and eye for goal isn't utilised. His lack of pace means there is no way we could play him in a 3 man midfield though.

just jump on a bus with all the celtic fans :whistling:

when I lived in Bristol in the mid '90s, a couple of rangers fans I drank with offered to get me on the Portsmouth RFC supporters bus - picked up early sat. and returned sun. - anytime i wanted to go up for a motherwell game but the thought of a 10 hours trip each way listening to them singing was just too much.

ps sorry for going off topic.

The Forbes situation actually reminds me of Charlie Adam with Rangers.

He undoubtably has talent in his left foot which we have all seen in his long passing and set-pieces. There are just questions at the moment around certain areas. If they can be adressed and we can find a way to get the best out of him we could have quite a player.

See this Forbes argument. Its been going on for two seasons now. Last season I though overall he was very poor and apart from one decent performance did nothing in the other games he played. On the other hand big Hitchinson came back into the team and has never looked back. If its a confidence thing then he needs to screw the nut and sort himself out.

The Forbes situation actually reminds me of Charlie Adam with Rangers.

He undoubtably has talent in his left foot which we have all seen in his long passing and set-pieces. There are just questions at the moment around certain areas. If they can be adressed and we can find a way to get the best out of him we could have quite a player.

Although I think the guy has great potential, I'm starting to get a but worried that this is now his 3rd manager at motherwell and he's not been able to prove himself worthy of a regular start. This makes me wonder if his attitude in training is a problem or do we just not play the style of game that suits him? Whatever the reason, next season is going to be crutial for him as at 22 he needs regular 1st team football if he's to progress as a player.

See this Forbes argument. Its been going on for two seasons now. Last season I though overall he was very poor and apart from one decent performance did nothing in the other games he played. On the other hand big Hitchinson came back into the team and has never looked back. If its a confidence thing then he needs to screw the nut and sort himself out.

This. Exactly this.

And it's either a confidence thing, a laziness thing, or the boy just hasn't got the whole package.

If we bring in the likes of Hughes, and retain Jennings I think it's time we send Ross out for a starring season somewhere near the top of the first division because with Hateley, Jennings, Lasley, Hughes, Carswell, Murphy and Humph vying for midfield slots Ross isnt going to get the development he now critically needs.

Just out of interest does anyone fancy this:

------------------------------Randolph------------------------------

Hateley/Saunders---Hutch---Craggs-------Hammell-----

------------------------------Jennings-------------------------------

------------------Lasley--------------Hughes----------------------

---Humph ----------------------------------------------Murphy---

------------------------------HIgdon---------------------------------

Sign Hughes and a backup winger and striker, jobs a good un.

As has been said earlier we will pick up the scraps near the end of the transfer window, because we simply don't have the cash to compete with other clubs ,to put it bluntly were among the paupers of the football world. We did well signing Higdon from St Mirren and I reckon he will be our best summer signing. I'm not being negative just realistic.

Today's express has an interview with Stuart McCall, basically he rants that newly promoted blue square teams are paying £3k a week and we can't compete with that. He said his best option in the market would be Scotsmen playing in England wanting to return, or those wanting a new challenge. He admitted interested on both Hughes and Porter, but admitted it would be down to money as they would need a massive drop in wages and with Hughes he said it may depend on Jennings' decision.

Lappin is someone I would be interested in, what's his contract situation at Norwich? Was he not quite a regular last year?

Just out of interest does anyone fancy this:

------------------------------Randolph------------------------------

Hateley/Saunders---Hutch---Craggs-------Hammell-----

------------------------------Jennings-------------------------------

------------------Lasley--------------Hughes----------------------

---Humph ----------------------------------------------Murphy---

------------------------------HIgdon---------------------------------

Sign Hughes and a backup winger and striker, jobs a good un.

I don't think its strong enough to compete for 3rd place, being realistic, that's what were aiming for in a best case scenario.

i just saw simon lappin in carfin.

Probably just up visiting friends or family, played 30 odd games for Norwich last year and Paul Lambert seems to like him, well out of our league I would think.