Dundee Utd Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

Stuarty

If we can get through this one then it will be fantastic. Beating an inform Dundee United side who are also the Cup holders would be no mean feat, especially given our injuries/suspensions.

It's going to be very tough though and if was to go to penalties then I certainly wouldn't hold out much hope given our dreadful record from the spot in recent times.

That said though, I expect United to win in open play, so no 2nd semi final for us this season.

If we can get through this one then it will be fantastic. Beating an inform Dundee United side who are also the Cup holders would be no mean feat, especially given our injuries/suspensions.

It's going to be very tough though and if was to go to penalties then I certainly wouldn't hold out much hope given our dreadful record from the spot in recent times.

That said though, I expect United to win in open play, so no 2nd semi final for us this season.

:lol: You sounded like a judge handing out a sentence there, going a long roundabout way to deliver the totally expected. Well done for dressing it up so well. :thumbup:

Jennings, Lasley and Sutton will be our important players tonight!

With Gomis suspended I hope Las and Jenno can dominate the midfield! Big Sutton won everything in the air last time against Dillon and Dixon and without Kenneth he has to replicate that!

I think Utd will play Daly at centre half to combat Suttons physical presence!

As for our defence........ Fuck knows! If Hammy is fit then I wouldn't risk Craggs but if he misses then would play Gunning at LB.

Jennings, Lasley and Sutton will be our important players tonight!

With Gomis suspended I hope Las and Jenno can dominate the midfield! Big Sutton won everything in the air last time against Dillon and Dixon and without Kenneth he has to replicate that!

I think Utd will play Daly at centre half to combat Suttons physical presence!

As for our defence........ Fuck knows! If Hammy is fit then I wouldn't risk Craggs but if he misses then would play Gunning at LB.

I thought Jennings was suspended? Is that just the league? Ace!

I'd really like to see Jones back in, United have a collection of average right backs and I reckon he could do some damage there, Hump on the right as well could almost certainly do a good job of pinning Dixon back.

Hopefully the return of Lasley will make a big difference to midfield, he's been terrific all season. I reckon:

----------Randolph----------

Hateley-Hutch-Gunning-Hammell/Page

Hump---Lasley--Jennings---Jones

----Sutton---Jeffers/Murphy----

Totally shiteing it about tonight, but so many of our players had right good games in the first leg. Intae it.

Is it not a bit early to be on the bevvy?

If he does score the winner, I'll name my first born Esteban!

Careful, my mate was going to name his first born after the scorer of the winning goal in the 1991 Final, but shat out it when it was mentioned the possibility of Miodrag Krivokapic O.G.

Is it not a bit early to be on the bevvy?

If he does score the winner, I'll name my first born Esteban!

Quoted for safekeeping. :thumbup:

Theres definitely one more chapter in the Casagolda story, I can feel it!