Dundee Utd Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

Stuarty

Just seen the Scotland squad and Houston has no Dundee Utd players in the squad when he and Levein have been chucking caps at them for fun previously. Disappointing for the players though, not aware of them being injured

Absolute codswallop. Unless you can prove otherwise. I guess our Assistant Manager, Kenny Balck is in on the conspiracy too.... :doh:

Absolute codswallop. Unless you can prove otherwise. I guess our Assistant Manager, Kenny Balck is in on the conspiracy too.... :doh:

If you actually read my post, you'll see I am expressing surprise at the squad. I would have expected to see Conway, Goodwillie and Swanson, who seems in a decent bit of form, in the squad at least. Kenneth ,I think , is injured although I hope his caps are behind him. I am curious at the reasons and not alleging conspiracy ....unless it suits me at a later date :rolleyes: .

Kenny Black pits oot the cones rather than picks the teams I think.

Goodwillie, Swanson and Conway. OK since you would expect those three in, which three of the Squad would you kick out for them? since you were expecting them in the squad.

Read all about it , poster jumps down other posters throat without reading original post shock :doh:

Goodwillie, apart from Miller , take your pick.

Swanson's better than Conway although he's still a half decent player, take your pick . Don't know who is really on form at present. Brown isn't, for example.

If I had intended to say , I think there is a conspiracy by Levein and Houston not to pick Dundee Utd players due to the cup game , I would have posted something like " I think there is a conspiracy by Levein and Houston not to pick Dundee Utd players due to the cup game ". You have read something into my post that I didn't write. Still haven't read why Goodwillie wasn't included, for example. He is the SPL top scorer, Scottish and making lots of headlines. That usually means a cap , n'est pas ?

I don't think I can say much more on this

I think it's very interesting there are no Dundee Utd players in the Scotlands squad for these games. I smell a rat, but no journalist will be brave enough to report it or ask Levein.

Bet you any money the above named players are all in the next squad.

Goodwillie, Swanson and Conway. OK since you would expect those three in, which three of the Squad would you kick out for them? since you were expecting them in the squad.

Hanley, Cowie, Davidson, Maguire, McArthur???

Conspiracy or convenient...one of the two

None were in the game against Norn Iron originally. So why would they be against Brazil?

Don't let the facts get in the way of a perfectly good Celtic-style conspiracy! :lol:

As I posted in the TA section, Goodwillie was the only United player in the squad for a game against the Faroes which saw players like Saunders getting capped. No United players were named in the original squad for the Northern Ireland game until there were a few call offs and Conway was drafted in. There has clearly been no particular pattern of United players being capped and this latest squad is pretty much exactly what would be expected whether we had a replay or not.

When I first read mentions of a conpiracy I thought folk were on the wind-up, the thought that some folk are actually serious is hilarious!

Of course, when Celtic fans get completely paranoid we all point and laugh, but when Motherwell are involved it's suddenly blatantly obvious that the Scotland national manager is deliberately sticking to his usual squad of players in order to aid United in a cup replay against us, seemingly aided by Motherwell's assistant manager. :laugh:

If there was any such conspiracy I'm sure Goodwillie would be in the squad in order for Houston to keep an eye on him. Not to mention the prospect of adding a few quid onto his price tag.

No doubt if Mark Reynolds was still at Motherwell he'd have finally been called up in order to tire him out ahead of the replay. :whistling:

That actually begs the question though, Saunders has already been capped and I don't think Levein would get very many grumblings if he decided to give Murphy a chance, not to mention Humphrey who he said last year he was keen on. Why are these players not in the squad in order to tire them out or get them injured before the game with United!?

Maybe it's because Levein forgot. Or maybe it's because the conspiracy theories are ridiculous.

looking forward to this one now, i think, if everyones fit and available(ie if craigan doent play for ni on tuesday he should be fine to play i would thnk), we should go on something along the lines of:

ps. im not to sure about the injuries to hammell, lasley, jeffers etc if they are still out or not so i just included them anyway.not sure if we have any suspensions either?

-------------------------------------------------------Randolph--------------------------------------------------------

------------Hately----------------------Hutchinson-------Craigan-----------------------Gunning--------------

---------------------------------------Lasley---------------------Jennings-------------------------------------------

-----------------Humphrey------------------------------------------------------Hammell/Jones-------------------

---------------------------------------Jeffers---------------------Sutton------------------------------------------------

Wee bit worried about our preperation with Randolph and Craigan being absent for the build-up however I'm interested to see how Dundee United perform when they don't have their manager in the week running up to the game.

SL273556PaulHegarty6.jpg

after a week of hegarty in charge i'm going for five nil to us.