Dundee Utd Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

Stuarty

It's amazing Craigan is crap don't offer him a new deal has now turned into .............. re-arrange the cup game as we can't play without him.

Don't fancy our chances without big randy and craggs, doesn't half weaken our defence.

Randy is the only loss. Hutch/Gunning have proved they can cope v Celtic (Granted, also same duo that got cut open at ICT)

Jenno will be back to provide cover also, and notice Gomis misses out for them, which is ideal.

Lets just pump them n roll in to the semi-final!!! :drinks:

On the official site, it states that moving the game forward 24hrs to the Wednesday was a solution to both clubs problems!!!!!

How does this help us? Our captain ain't no spring chicken, so 2 games in 24hrs is out of the question in my opinion.

Not taking into account the travelling involved.

Looks like we have been shafted once more and rolled over to let them shaft us again!! :wallbash:

On the official site, it states that moving the game forward 24hrs to the Wednesday was a solution to both clubs problems!!!!!

How does this help us? Our captain ain't no spring chicken, so 2 games in 24hrs is out of the question in my opinion.

Not taking into account the travelling involved.

Looks like we have been shafted once more and rolled over to let them shaft us again!! :wallbash:

That is not a bad result. I would think that Craigan will miss out but Randolph could play given that he will probably be on the bench for Ireland. Of the two, I think he is the more important given that we have some cover in Gunning, Saunders, Hutchison.

I can only think that the reason why the game is not the week before is due to the pitch problems.

I can only think that the reason why the game is not the week before is due to the pitch problems.

And because the call up period starts on Monday 21st. Therefore the players involved could be with their squads by the 22nd/23rd. I would have thought a better solution would have been Thurs 31st giving an extra day recovery, move the Saturday league games to Sunday 3rd and then our game with each other until 6th.

keiren westwood will surely play both games for the republic after being back up for so long. randy will probably get on the bench for one game.

craigan has to be in danger of losing his place as well. aaron hughes is pretty much guaranteed to start and craig cathcart has had a good season with blackpool.

if neither feature on the tuesday night surely we can get them back on early morning flights and on the field against united.

According to the Regulations Status and Transfer 2010 document, Craigan requires to be with the Northern Ireland squad 4 days before the match (five if it is a double header), while Randolph requires to be with squad 48 hours before the first match. Not took a proper look at the fixtures but if either have a game at the weekend then no, they could not be available the day before or that. Saying that it does say special disposition can be given but players MUST be there 48 hours before the match.

So I'm not sure the 22nd would be fine as not sure they play at the weekend too, although we'd be defo missing Gunning and Saunders.

1. Clubs are obliged to release their registered players to the representative

teams of the country for which the player is eligible to play on the basis of his

nationality if they are called up by the association concerned. Any agreement

between a player and a club to the contrary is prohibited.

2. The release of players under the terms of paragraph 1 of this article is

mandatory for matches on dates listed in the coordinated international match

calendar and for all matches for which a duty to release players exists on the

basis of a special decision by the FIFA Executive Committee.

3. It is not compulsory to release players for matches scheduled on dates not

listed in the coordinated international match calendar.

4. Players must also be released for the period of preparation before the match,

which is laid down as follows:

a) friendly matches: 48 hours;

b) qualifying matches for an international tournament:

– four days (including the day of the match). The release period

shall be extended to five days if the match concerned is held in

a different confederation to the one in which the player’s club is

registered;

– prior to double-dates (Friday – Tuesday) listed in the coordinated

international match calendar, the release period shall in any case

be five days prior to the beginning of the time span fi xed by the

calendar (including the relevant Friday);

c) qualifying matches for an international tournament that are staged on a

date reserved for friendly matches: 48 hours;

32 ANNEXE 1

d) friendly matches that are staged on a date reserved for qualifying

matches for an international tournament: 48 hours;

e) the final competition of an international tournament: 14 days before

the first match in the competition.

Players shall join the association team no later than 48 hours before kick-off.