Will We Finish Top 6

East_Stand_Al

106 members have voted

1. 1. Will Motherwell finish in the top 6 ?

I voted yes because I believe the team is capable of picking up the points required. Its really to tight to tell though.

It's pretty much between us ICT and St. Johnstone. None of us have a particularly easy run-in.

As for McCall not being to motivate the team for important games!? How have all our better performances been in the bigger games (CIS semi, grudge match at pittodrie, Celtic and United cup game) since he arrived then?

Truth is we shouldn't even be discussing it. We should be out the running due to recent results. The fact we are just shows how inconsistent the bottom seven teams are. 6 points from the 9 available and we are in. Ironically, after that our season would be finished as 5th would be out of reach imo. Stil, I would rather have that than games against Accies and St Mirren.

Going to stay positive and say we will sneak it.

Voted Yes . Head says naw , but heart says aye , just got to keep the faith and hope for the best .

After having top 6 finishes a few seasons on the bounce , the thought of meaningless , mind numbing bottom half games for the rest of the season is horrible .

It wouldn't do our chances of holding onto the out of contract guys like Sutton and Jennings any good either , as the club are probably relying on the extra revenue from top 6 to offer them deals .

With free week for internationals , just got to hope injuries clear up , and boys come back with a bit more energy and determination for the few games that are going to shape the rest of our season .

I am sure we will do it. A win against the Dons, coupled with an ICT defeat to Celtic and we will be 4 points ahead with 2 games left. If we lose to Aberdeen then we will probably lose out.

Truth is that Aberdeen still have to play Hibs and both cannot win + with ICT and St J having just as tough games as we have left, then I think we will just sneak it.

So here is the scenario:

If we beat DDee Utd in the replay, then it may be over 120 mins+ which will leave us cream crackered for the Dons game which we will probably lose focus for. If however we lose to DDee utd then the players will give 100%+ to beat Aberdeen and stay in the top 6.

I don't see us winning both, but we better not lose both Mr McCall.......

If I had to choose - I would rather have a Scottish cup semi v St J or Brechin with the chance of a final, than top 6. Both would be even better :cheers:

I highly doubt we'll get a top 6 finish. To be honest, going on recent form, we don't deserve it. 2 poor showings in the last couple of weeks against two of the teams we were competing with for that top 6 place. Thoroughly beaten, both times.

The next two home games are massive for the club to try and secure a top 6 finnish.

The financial benefit of one of the Bigot bros coming to the 'Arc chasing the league title could secure a few players contracts etc etc, rather than 100 odd Accies fans :doh:

Would like to think we will beat the sheep......but two game against the Arabs who are flyin might be a bridge too far the way we are playing just now.

Somebody has to beat the Arabs sooner or later but we aren't playing the same way we were in October so we won't do it twice this time. Like in October I'd take a defeat in the League to get to the Cup Semi.

Wins over Aberdeen and Hearts will get us in the top six as well right enough :lol:

I think we will just sneak into the top six, probably by a point. ICT have a similar run-in to us, so all we have to do is match what they do. It will be tight but I reckon we'll do it.

'Course we will. Why wouldn't we? Out of all the teams in the SPL I see no reason why any others will get there instead of us.

If you think of it this way, Stuart McCall has W6 L8 D2. out of those games, we have played

Caley twice,

Killie Twice

Dundee United twice

Rangers Twice.

And its only St Johnstone and St Mirren Who have beaten us from the rest Who included Celtic Hibs Dundee and Aberdeen

With Hearts, Aberdeen and Dundee united to come. Out of that the maximum we will take is 7 points, the minimum is 3,

The down side to the league at the moment is the fact that only St Mirren and Hamilton Cannot still get top 6 but I reckon If we defeat Aberdeen they are out of it. Celtic could dispose of Inverness quite happy and killie will take care of St Johnstone as well as hearts fending off Hibs. That would all but garauntee a top six finish in my opinion. :)thumbup.gif

At this time I have no conviction nor reason to believe we will finish in the top six. Our recent league form has been poor to say the least and I don't really see any reason for improvement, so I voted no, but hope I am wrong.