Hampden

Yoshi-1991

I just clocked that. What an absolutely fucking ridiculous way to set out the fans.

Link to the stadium plan.

Laughable.

I have to dissagree.

Looks like they have tried to fill both touchlines with the fans.

I suppose the only other way they could have done it was to put us on the south and saints on the north side.

I have to dissagree.

Looks like they have tried to fill both touchlines with the fans.

I suppose the only other way they could have done it was to put us on the south and saints on the north side.

Or they could just have put all the Motherwell fans together and all the St. Johnstone fans together. It's worked for years, it's hardly rocket science.

Presumably they've split between the north and the west stand for us so they can keep prices up for the north and have a cheaper family section in the west stand. If there was any sense and if they weren't such greedy c***s they would just have a family section in the north stand so there might be some chance of an atmosphere developing with a big block of the two teams' supporters across the one big stand.

Of course if there was any fucking sense at all there's no way this game would be at Hampden.

What they should have done is fill the seats in the lower half of the stadium. Simples. That way you are filling more round the pitch and nearer the pitch. The tv cameras could be positioned so they don't go above a certain veiwing point. It ain't exactly rocket science is it?

Another semi at easter road would be ok the last time we played in a semi there we won!

Got a feeling its the parts of the stadium most on the TV that have been allocated to try and make it look fuller maybe? Still, completely mental and I hope they change it sharpish, pack everyone in.

looks that way.not too bothered though as they're using the areas with the best view and there's not going to be a great atmosphere either way, looks like both team have only about 8000 tickets.

What they should have done is fill the seats in the lower half of the stadium. Simples. That way you are filling more round the pitch and nearer the pitch. The tv cameras could be positioned so they don't go above a certain veiwing point. It ain't exactly rocket science is it?

Another semi at easter road would be ok the last time we played in a semi there we won!

sounds sensible to me

[Puts on best Roy Walker voice] Ahh it's good, but it's not right.....

I think if there were enough supporters to fill the place then what they've got in place would be pretty good.

They've given folk the option of sitting in a singing section with a view along the side. There's a family section with the weans getting in a bit cheaper. You can sit behind the goals if that's your bag, with a cheaper price to reflect the view and if you're of the inclination of watching from the "Main" stand that's there too. We've also got the fact that there will be a group of Saints fans to our left that we'll be able to interact with as well.

I think its fair to acknowledge that there is a degree of choice being offered.

The hope would be that we sell enough tickets that there is a flow of support that carries from the singing section along the North Stand and links up with the 'Well fans behind the goals.

The fear however is that we simply won't take enough fans and you'll have three smallish sections of isolated chunks of support.

As I say I think its a good set of options for watching, just perhaps we're not the two teams that the options are best designed for.

Unfortunately there is not enough fans from either team to make the crowd look anywhere near decent. It’s not the fault of Motherwell or St Johnstone, it’s just a fact. How you resolve this I’m not too sure. Attempting to fill the bottom tiers first seems like the most sensible idea, if nothing else it will look better on the television.

When I first looked at it I thought excellent they've done the Section C/D split then I seen the big giant gaps in the North Stand leading to the West/East. What the fuck is that for. What makes it worse, I see the 3 sections in the South each. Why?

Get the South Stand to fuck and put those three sections in the North Stand.

Unfortunately there is not enough fans from either team to make the crowd look anywhere near decent. It's not the fault of Motherwell or St Johnstone, it's just a fact. How you resolve this I'm not too sure. Attempting to fill the bottom tiers first seems like the most sensible idea, if nothing else it will look better on the television.

My point exactly. Makes the most sense, so the Hampden people do the opposite.

I really hope we can take a good support through.

If we had a two tier national stadium they would just close the top tier, so just treat it like that. Close off the top section.

I think we both team will be doing well to get 13/14 thousand at hampden.

The only reason I can think of why they are doing it this way is so they don't have to open so many food outlets or toilets