Motherwell Vs Inverness Discussion Thread

David

And so it begins...

It doesn't seem that long since I got off the bus in the pissing rain after watching us get beaten in the final, yet a new optimism is in the air! :yahoo:

I can't see anything other than a victory for us in this game. If we play half as well as we did against Leeds (before we started making changes, of course) then I don't see us having much of a problem.

As I've said elsewhere, if we can retain the services of Murphy beyond August I think we'll be more than a handful for any team going forward.

The defence does concern me right enough. Hopefully McCall has a signing in mind as the English sides confirm their squads towards the end of the transfer window.

Still, I think we'll have enough to get 3 points on the board nice & early.

Looking forward to a good game David. Butcher will have them up for it and it'll be interesting to see how Law copes in a more physical encounter.

I'm positive about what I've seen in the friendlies - but theres always that unknown of how well they'll step up to the brutal environment of the SP (anti football) L

nice optimism David

and as much as I tend to agree we've seen some good signs from our lot, I've very little idea what ICT have been up to and how they are shaping up so I'll opt for an exciting match with a few goals, 2-1 either way

Looking forward to 10-12 weeks of novel football during the first round of fixtures, before everyone gets a hold on what each others teams are like and the almost traditional bore-fest sets in.

Looking forward to getting back into the big stuff come Saturday. Although it will be a different kettle of fish come Saturday than our pre season games I am now alot more confident than I was a few weeks ago. Looking forward to see how Law copes as I have been more than impressed with him in the friendly games. I think Higgy will do well for us although he has been quiet in the friendly games. I myself have not seen/looked to see exactly Caley have been up to during the pre season so will look forward to see how things have changed with them.

Can see it being a good open game with the 'Well coming out on top 3-1. :cheers:

Inverness are operating with a 19 man squad right now so they don't have a lot of options.

They've lost Rooney who scored a third of their league goals last season and was the second top scorer in all competitions after Kenny Miller. He'll be a big, big loss.

They have replaced him with Gregory Tade, who's been one of the best players in the lower leagues for a few seasons now so it will be interesting to see if he makes the step up but you can't see him matching Rooney's 21 goals.

They have also lose a lot of their experienced players that had been there for ages like Munro, Russell, McBain as well as Chris Hogg, Chris Innes, Dani Sanchez and Eric Odhiambo. Aaron Doran who did quite well for them last season returned to Blackburn from his loan.

In fact they only have three players that scored 2 or more league goals last season. Ritchie Foran and Johnny Hayes, probably their best players, and Shane Sutherland.

Wouldn't be surprised if they bring in someone before the match because they look quite a bit weaker than last season at the time of writing.

You can't afford to take things for granted but for me we look a bit stronger than Inverness and we are at home so, fingers crossed, we can start the season with a win.

• Like 2

our record at home to ict is awful

since they pumped us at home under malpas five years ago we've played them 6 times at home winning 4 and drawing 2.

i don't think they'll do as well as last season but i still think they are dangerous. rooney will be a massive loss but they signed doran last week and foran, sutherland, ross and hayes are all tricky players.

since they pumped us at home under malpas five years ago we've played them 6 times at home winning 4 and drawing 2.

:lol:

Was going to post something similar, our recent record against them at Fir Park is really good.

As for the game itself, I think it's going to be a tough one, ICT will be strong and aggressive and we will have to match them, although their defence always looks on the slow side so hopefully Murphy and Humphrey can expose that.

I would happily settle for a scruffy1-0 win right now because I don't think this will be an easy game, having said that if Murphy and Law can play like they did on Saturday I fancy us to win it by a goal or two.

Roll on Saturday :cheers:

im looking forward to the game. living southside of glasgow and being an inverness fan this is more a home game for me.

games against motherwell are always good and if both teams play the football they played last season when they were at their best then it could be a good game. we havent brought in that many players that are proven but once they gel together then it should be a decent team to hopefully challenge for top 6 with yourselves. yes we will prob miss rooney but foran seems to be playing up to and hammering in the goals, albeit against lesser oppostion.

where will the away fans be on sat? what stand?

im looking forward to the game. living southside of glasgow and being an inverness fan this is more a home game for me.

games against motherwell are always good and if both teams play the football they played last season when they were at their best then it could be a good game. we havent brought in that many players that are proven but once they gel together then it should be a decent team to hopefully challenge for top 6 with yourselves. yes we will prob miss rooney but foran seems to be playing up to and hammering in the goals, albeit against lesser oppostion.

Welcome to the board div1309.

No news yet as to where you'll be housed, I'm guessing that'll more likely be on one of your forums or your official before ours.

I'd imagine they'll try to get an indication from ICTFC about how many are likely to be in attendance before deciding whether its worth opening the South Stand or not.

I imagine it'll be either in the POd stand north or the bottom tier of the south stand mate, depending on how many fan's are expected to travel. Most likely the pod stand. That seems to be where the ict fans have always been housed.

Missing the game as I'll be at Wickerman but I'm confident I'll be checking about 5pm on the Saturday to find we've won our first three points of the season. Some of the football we've played during pre-season has been excellent and there's no reason why we can't carry that into the season.

I'll go with a 2-0 'Well win - a strike from Murphy and big Higdon to open his account.