Motherwell Vs Inverness Discussion Thread

David

Inverness are operating with a 19 man squad right now so they don't have a lot of options.

Do we have a lot of options? Is our squad any bigger?

Either way, unlikely to affect the outcome of the first game of the season for either team, you'd hope.

A good test for the first match, it will be a handy gauge on where we will end up this season, some spells against Leeds were top notch, as in going forward, show the same commitment and 3 points are there for the taking, close game with Motherwell coming up trumps, by two clear goals.

Not sure on scorers, but would like Higdon and Humphrey to score, get there confidence up.

Made a point of avoiding all the in between season shite that goes on ,so i'm now heading into a season where i dont know exactly who actually plays for us and what our line up will be ,or for any other SPL team for that matter. Quite refreshing actually. Not read a sports page from cup final day. Will miss the first two games due to the feckin Spl bringing the season forward :angry: ,but expecting to step off the plane on my return to find we have the first six points in the bag :)

I do expect it to be a tight encounter, they usually are against ICT. They have improved as a side, but have lost a number of stalwarts, so who knows how they'll be on Saturday.

We have looked good pre-season, and if we can play our fitba I reckon we'll have too much for their defence to cope with. My only concern would be that we need to tighten up at the back, as well as being more clinical in front of goal.

I'm going for a Well win, 2-0 sounds about right.

First game thread of the season, prior to the game commencing, your the opposite, getting more and more premature.

Aww there he is SD's wee pal. Hiya..

Think we will do ok on Saturday fancy a wee 2-0 victory. No idea what kind of pre-season they have had but they have lost a few of their better players.

Will be interesting to see how the guys get on in a proper competitive game against a team that we have struggled physically against on numerous occasions.

I would have thought that most would just be happy to see football back on a Saturday afternoon to be honest dry.gif

I certainly am, even though it's been the shortest ever close season, I'm glad the football's back. I think the fact that our last real game was that Damp Squib at Hampden in May and that has made the close season drag in for me and it'll be good to get back playing competitive football again and start putting all that behind us.

Official kit numbers just annonced by all teams. Motherwell's obv --

Motherwell

1 Darren Randolph

2 Steven Saunders

3 Steven Hammell

4 Nicky Law

5 Stephen Craigan (captain)

6 Thomas Hateley

7 Christopher Humphrey

8 Steven Jennings

9 Michael Higdon

11 Jamie Murphy

12 Lee Hollis

14 Keith Lasley

15 Shaun Hutchinson

16 Robert McHugh

18 Ross Forbes

19 Gary Smith

20 Jonathan Page

21 Jamie Pollock

23 Jordan Halsman

25 Steven Lawless

26 Stuart Carswell

27 Ross McKinnon

28 Steven Howarth

30 Dario Quinn

31 Thomas Bradley

32 Lee Erwin

33 Michael Lynch

35 Kieran MacDonald

36 Dean McLean

37 Euan Murray

38 Joshua Watt

39 Adam Cummins

40 Nicholas Devlin

41 William Muir

43 Zaine Sebastian Francis-Angol

44 Steven Hetherington

45 Adam Asghar

46 Darren Brownlie

48 Craig Moore

Can't wait till the game tomorrow, fancy us winning 2-0 Higdon and Murphy both netting.