Motherwell Vs Inverness Discussion Thread

David

Delighted with that, fine 3-0 win against a team normally extremely hard to beat on their travels. Played some really brilliant stuff at times and the goals were terrific, especially Las. Law is the type of player we've long looked for, can play and isn't afraid to take folk on. Top of the league!

Excellent. All three goals were well worked, but makes you wonder why Lasley doesn't try his luck more often...

Anyone else notice also that it took till the 89th minute for Craigan to put a hit and hope up the park? The backline all looked very comfortable on and off the ball.

I'm delighted with Motherwell's 3-Nil performance today against Caley.

Lasley's goal was an absolute screamer and I'm hopefull of seeing it again, in slo-mo, on MFC TV sometime soon.

I'm absolutely delighted with the score, the points and being top of the league -long may it continue!

'Mon the 'Well! :thumbup:

Sore one for ICT as I thought they gave a good account of themselves in second half. Delighted with the result and thought we were great for the first 45. Higdon looks a wee but frustrated but once he gets the first on the board I don't think there will be any looking back for him.

Terrific display all round today. Some magnificent fitba, especially in the first half, was very easy on the eye. Law, Hammel and Murphy should be a very potent weapon down the left for us, until of course some of the dirty big cluggers of the SPL injure them! Defensively we had to contend with a bit of pressure, and by and large we dealt with it alright.

Overall I'm very happy with the style of fitba we're playing, a couple of further additions to the squad and I reckon we'll make Top Six nae bother.

Top of the league, suns oot, the world is a great place!!!

Great result today, even if the 3-0 scoreline did somewhat flatter us as they did have a good few chances but we deserved to win that game. I thought Murphy's goal was an excellent effort, good move and a cool finish and as for Lasley's screamer? :notworthy: Superb strike, even if just about everyone in the stadium thought he'd sky it when he went to hit it.

Really hope we can hold on to Murphy beyond the transfer window as he is getting better all the time, something that other clubs are clearly aware of as there were apparantly up to eleven scouts watching him today and although we're more than likely going to lose him sooner than later, I just hope it's later and he sticks around and continues to improve and develop his game further.

As for Higdon, he was a bit sluggish and off the pace today but he's still getting up to full fitness so I think he deserves the benfit of the doubt from us. He's not a John Sutton type player who will hold the ball up, he's a penalty box striker who will score goals if he gets the right kind of service and I think he'll come good for us.

Beautiful day all round, sun's shining and Motherwell sit proudly top of the SPL. Happy Days :cheers:

i heard mccall on the radio after the game saying higdon has been carrying a knock for the last 2 weeks and hes no been doing as much training as the other players hopefully the big man gets to full fitness really soon

i heard mccall on the radio after the game saying higdon has been carrying a knock for the last 2 weeks and hes no been doing as much training as the other players hopefully the big man gets to full fitness really soon

Not meaning to sound nasty but I'm glad to hear that. I've not been overly impressed by him, but hearing he has an injury suggests there's better to come.

Classy performance today, 3 good goals and Lasleys was a topper. The first touch to set it was great and the way he lashed it home was brilliant to watch. More of the same please.

Law looks tidy, adds a bit of balance to the midfield. Easy to get carried away with one good result but we've got good reason to be optimistic. Enjoy first place while it lasts, bring on next week!

Well I thought that was a really good game. Both teams went for it and both sides created a fair number of chances. I didn't think we defended especially well and it really was their poor finishing as much as anything that kept them at 0. Randolph did make one save that was on the north side of world class.

On the more positive side we attacked incredibly well. The thing I noticed is that Hateley was overlapping much more than before which meant that when the Hump had the ball they had a lot to worry about. They had the direct run, the cut inside and the pass to the overlapping player. Whereas before he just tried to beat them with raw pace and carrrump him and it was end of move. I think Law gives a bit more licence to that as the other two can cover if Hateley ends up out of position.

Hammell was as good as I've seen him in years today and overall we just looked really sharp and a sweet team on the ball. We became a bit inclined to use the ball as a hot potato in the 2nd half but overall we did very well.

Our three goals were outstanding and the cry of 'Why the fuck are you shouting shoot?' from beside me as Lasley got the ball will live with me for a while. The sentence wasn't even finished and ball was getting picked out.

Not gonna diagree with most of what been said, but also thought Higdon had a pretty solid game. A vital presence up front and showed plenty of potential. Linked up quite well, put himself about and no reason not to expect him to get among the goals sooner or later if we keep playing decent football like today.

A good day to be a Well fan i have to say. At the Ark in glorious sunshine watching 3 top notch goals (especially Lasley's screamer) some of our passing movements were as good as i've seen watch the first 2 goals folks. :woop: . The fans wre fab today also and it was great to get the 'wet squib' in May out of our system. Maybe im being a tad harsh in saying our defence was dodgy at times as Caley in my opinion missed 3 good chances but hey who cares onwards and upwards. The team spirit today was TREMENDOUS and even MJC must've been impressed. :thumbup:

Some lovely football today, the build-up to goals 1 & 2 was easily as good as anything we created under McGhee. The first one started over on the left with Murphy and worked its way across the pitch in 1-2 touch moves and triangles before the ball was played across towards the back post where Hammell put it away brilliantly. The second was a great move too, quick passing and movement, just great to watch. And to top it all off, THAT goal from Lasley.

Great day out. I thought Law looked like a very exciting player, perhaps tried a little too hard on a couple of occasions but all in all very impressed with him. Also thought Higdon did reasonably well, he had some nice touches and flick-ons, maybe a yard short here and there and a few things didn't come off for him but he had some nice ideas and looks like he could become an important player given a wee bit of time.

Thought the ref was shocking today, there wasn't a bad challenge in the game yet we got 3 players booked for hee-haw. And to pull up Law for handball, then completely ignore a Caley defender playing volleyball in the box was just ridiculous. My granny's half-blind and she could have done a better job of refereeing that game. God forbid if he'd actually had any real decisions to make.

Excellent start to the season though and although early days, I can't help but be excited at the prospect of the season ahead.

• Like 1

Thought the ref was shocking today, there wasn't a bad challenge in the game yet we got 3 players booked for hee-haw. And to pull up Law for handball, then completely ignore a Caley defender playing volleyball in the box was just ridiculous. My granny's half-blind and she could have done a better job of refereeing that game. God forbid if he'd actually had any real decisions to make.

Agree he wasn't the best but the Inverness player handling it was about three yards outside the box. To be honest not giving that wasn't the mistake as the guy's hand was low and he was close to where we'd hit it. The error was penalising Law for exactly the same a minute or two before.

Also being completely impartial I think both the Hutch and Jennings deserved their card. Not because they were particularly bad fouls but they stopped them getting in so can't really complain. But again Tokely did exactly the same and he got away with it so can complain about that. Whilst he wasn't perfect I don't think the referee had any influence on the game so I think he did OK overall.

Something my mate noticed was that our three goalscorers were the only three Scots that started for us.