Motherwell V Hearts Discussion Thread

postiejim

Bit too late. Lasley should have been off before he got sent off. the commentators said he was out on his feet. was the same with McHugh at Killie.

Sounds like McCall doesn't have too much trust in his bench. I am sure we will be stronger, though, when we get another couple in before the window closes

Sub one of your best players in the game in the last few minutes with an inexperienced youth, I wouldn't no matter if he was out on his feet but on here the manager is damned if you do and damned if you don't...just enjoy the win, clean sheet and top of the league.

Really impressed with some of our football today, terrific passing movements and we tore them a new one on a good few occasions. Couldn't disagree with either red card, Black is an obnoxious ned who you just knew was seeing red. Las a bit unllucky, seemed to be just out of time on both tackles and got a yellow for both. Three games, no goals conceeded, team playing well and top of the league.

First half was fairly tepid. We looked a bit more incisive than Hearts but they had most of the possession and we looked a bit laboured in terms of closing them down and winning the ball.

Second half was much better and burst into life after Black burst Lasley. Should have scored more than one goal as we totally dominated. Then it started getting a bit nervy in the closing stages and Las can't have any complaints about his red card. When Las is on a yellow you are always a bit worried he'll get a bit carried away and that's what happened.

Tense at the end but overall deserving of the victory. Thought Hateley had his best game in ages but I'll be a bit worried about our midfield with Lasley suspended because to me Jennings still isn't at the races this season.

I'll be a bit worried about our midfield with Lasley suspended because to me Jennings still isn't at the races this season.

Anathema to many I am sure but I'd be fine with seeing how Forbes gets on in there in place of Lasley. I reckon the easiest option for McCall however would be to slot Hateley in there and move Saunders to right back presuming Hutch's balls aren't still swollen.

Sub one of your best players in the game in the last few minutes with an inexperienced youth, I wouldn't no matter if he was out on his feet but on here the manager is damned if you do and damned if you don't...just enjoy the win, clean sheet and top of the league.

I knew that was comin.

I'm just making what I think is an obvious observation. Mchugh almost cost us a goal when he gave the ball away at killie clearly because he was knackered and didn't want it when passed to him. Lasley experienced as he is is wreckless in the tackle at the best of times. If we can't cope without him for ten minutes in a game we're winning and in control of then we're in big trouble next week without him!

Great win great start long may it continue.

I knew that was comin.

I'm just making what I think is an obvious observation. Mchugh almost cost us a goal when he gave the ball away at killie clearly because he was knackered and didn't want it when passed to him. Lasley experienced as he is is wreckless in the tackle at the best of times. If we can't cope without him for ten minutes in a game we're winning and in control of then we're in big trouble next week without him!

Great win great start long may it continue.

Agree but with a few minutes to go McCall probably believed Las would last the 90 minutes...wonder how we will cope without him, squad going to be rejigged or will McCall plump for one of the younger guys in the middle..?? Maybe need a thread of its own..

Agree but with a few minutes to go McCall probably believed Las would last the 90 minutes...wonder how we will cope without him, squad going to be rejigged or will McCall plump for one of the younger guys in the middle..?? Maybe need a thread of its own..

Saunders to right back, Hateley to midfield? or just play Forbes.

Excellent result, got a bit nervy in the final few minutes after we squandered a number of decent openings when we were ahead that should of killed the game off.

First half was pretty quiet from both teams with Randolph pulling off a fantastic save from Drivers chip to keep it level at half time. Black been ordered off definitely swung the game for us as it gave us a lot more time on the ball and more space to exploit. Great play by Law for the goal and equally from Murphy who remained composed to finish it off.

Humphrey was frustating again, got himself into some really good positions but just lacked that killer ball or finish. Thought Craigan was outstanding at the back, seems a totally different player from last season and Hateley played a blinder as well. Mon the Well!!!!!

Great display today, we really showed our passing class while they were a man down.

To pick on our best and worst, I agree with a few others - Hateley had a great game and worked well on the overlap with Humph.... for that reason I want Forbes or Carswell in to replace Lasley next week. Hateley is proving an asset at RB.

Higdon had a couple of brilliant touches and was caught miles offside and out of the game on a couple of occassions - so I will leave it for everyone else to draw the conclusions on his contribution today.

Black is a dirty wee ned.

Excellent result, got a bit nervy in the final few minutes after we squandered a number of decent openings when we were ahead that should of killed the game off.

First half was pretty quiet from both teams with Randolph pulling off a fantastic save from Drivers chip to keep it level at half time. Black been ordered off definitely swung the game for us as it gave us a lot more time on the ball and more space to exploit. Great play by Law for the goal and equally from Murphy who remained composed to finish it off.

Humphrey was frustating again, got himself into some really good positions but just lacked that killer ball or finish. Thought Craigan was outstanding at the back, seems a totally different player from last season and Hateley played a blinder as well. Mon the Well!!!!!

Though I agree, Craigan did get caught for pace badly with Driver almost getting through early on, we got away with it.

Law threaded it through a needle to Murph!

Disagree about Humph, he didnt frustrate me, one amazing cros was landed plum on Murphs head as he headed over.