St Mirren (A) 13th August

DEWELL

Don't get me wrong, I'm not moaning, not in the slightest...just think some people on here can't accept to admit when our opponents are clearly better than us on the day...performance wise at least...

See whan that happens I'll be on here admitting it, today wasn't that day. Dominated my erse :laugh:

I thought it was a good advert for the SPL to be honest. Two teams playing the ball on the deck and trying to play their way in and it was only when we got tired that we went to the long stuff.

I think the simplest way to sum up that game was that St Mirren had more possession and territory but when we had the ball we were much more effective with it. There were two reasons for that and they were 1) Law, Jennings and Forbes never wasted a ball and 2) we defended impeccably (well apart from the moment Jennings and Randolph had in the second half). So whilst you could argue St Mirren dominated us you could also ask how many saves did they force out of Randolph? There performance today was similar to us at Kilmarnock when we didn't have the alternative dimension that Higdon provides.

We also got in behind three times in the first half and should have been home and hosed if it hadn't been for a bit more composure in the final third plus a wonderful save from Samson. And Forbes had a rasper in the 2nd half too. So I think there are many who have been overly critical of us on here. To me, given that we are not good enough to go and beat these teams 4-0 every time, that was close to the perfect away performance.

Humphrey was very quiet today. Not sure whether he had a knock, injured or just the winger's curse of inconsistency. Murphy had some good ball control but too often found himself in a cul-de-sac. Not sure about Hammell defensively in this game. He seemed awfully keen to leave their right winger the freedom of Paisley. However I suspect it was a McCall instruction to let him run in and then close as it happened so often and nobody's positioning could be that bad that often. Not sure I think it was right but we got away with it.

I also wonder about some of our fans and referees. Iain Brines did not have the perfect game but some of the decisions he was lambasted for were clear fouls and in any other game if defenders go careering through the back its a free kick and the same applies when one of our guys do it. However Hutchinson's yellow looked like he got the ball as clean as a whistle so he was very unlucky. And whilst Higdon's yellow would have been a harsh red I've seen them off for that. I also didn't think the foul at the end was a foul but we'll take it.

Interesting to see what he does next week in the midfield. I'd hope he plays a similar routine to the day we beat Celtic as that was maybe the best midfield performance I have seen from a Motherwell team in years.

Overall well chuffed and great to see such a big away support. Just be good if we can keep that up when the going gets a bit tougher

And the 'We are top of the league chant' to the Celtic fans at the escalator at Central station was almost as good as the goal itself.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not moaning, not in the slightest...just think some people on here can't accept to admit when our opponents are clearly better than us on the day...performance wise at least...

According to bbc st midden 48% motherwell 52% Possession

We definitely have the players to play counterattacking football away from home, so I'm never surprised to hear the home team has more possession. It sounds like we made better chances, though, and making (and taking) chances is the name of the game.

We definitely have the players to play counterattacking football away from home, so I'm never surprised to hear the home team has more possession. It sounds like we made better chances, though, and making (and taking) chances is the name of the game.

Hi weeyin , how many games do you get to watch over the season ? is it over the net ? do you get live games over yonder ?

Hi weeyin , how many games do you get to watch over the season ? is it over the net ? do you get live games over yonder ?

We get pretty well served over the net these days. Saw the Killie game online live this season, and can watch the BBC Alba broadcasts online too. Then I download a Sportscene torrent every week. So get to stay reasonably close to the action (or as close as telly/internet can allow). With the use of proxies, I can access the BBC Scotland live commentaries too, but I don't enjoy those as much and sometimes give them a miss.

A few years ago, we used to get SPL games on American telly too, but that doesn't happen any more.

I used to try to get to a couple of games a season at Fir Park, but haven't managed that so much recently.

Great Finish and a hard fought 3 points from us today, St Mirren always seem to get a late goal against us so it was great to finally get one back. It's what away days are all about. Singing throughout the game, last minute winners and making as much noise as you can while walking through Central Station. Bring on the Rangers next sunday

We are top of the league, I say we are top of the league

What a jump at the end, set things up amazingly for the game against Rangers.

Thought it was a good game overall, even if we did seem to struggle creatively. Thought Murphy and Humphrey seemed to really lack confidence, don't think I saw either of them try to beat a man. The long ball to Higdon was also pretty inefective as he was fairly isolated all game.

That's the negatives out the way so despite all this, we still made 4 or 5 really good openings and if it wasn't for a man of the match performance from Samson we could've won by a couple. Forbes was outstanding today which was great to say. Oh, and we're top o the league without concending a goal. :notworthy:

Oh aye, and St Mirren played some pretty football but didn't have the finishing touches so fuck em.

We are top of the league, I say we are top of the league

Atmosphere generated by the lads in the corner was tremendous

First attempt at youtube so is a bit short,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWXAve-loHY

feking technology who knows how to rotate a video 90' to get it upright on the screen?

• Like 4

There were only 9 efforts on goal the entire match today, and we had two thirds of them I'd say that would clearly mean we were definetly the more creative side. Don't say much about the home team does that.

Nonsense. So every stat file for every game tell's a comprehensive story? You never been to a game where we have dominated the possession, but the opposition has had the lions share of clear cut chances, you pummell them the majority of the game, only for them to fire in a last minute winner?