St Mirren (A) 13th August

DEWELL

Hear-Hear.

By all accounts those there went mental after the goal ................ so did some big daft bug'r 200 miles away.

it was utter bedlam but not quite the level of odense :thumbup:

Whats all this pish about "dominating posession and territory" 52% 48% posession in favour of the 'Well doesn't back that up. OK the Midden might have dominated for a couple of short periods but then so did we.The stats don't lie over 90 mins

maybe they were counting the time hammell takes to take a shy as our possesion :whistling:

Humphrey played a more defensive role at St Mirren, and no doubt that was at the request of the gaffer, next week different game different circumstances. Bring it on.

One day you'll actually have some constructive criticism to say about Humphrey. The fact that you defend him unconditionally invalidates any points you have on him that are fair.

The fact is he was pish on Saturday and I'm sure the guy himself is big enough to admit that and continue to work on his game and improve because that's what professional footballers do. You can have all the potential in the world but if you don't realise when you have a mare then you will never fulfil such potential.

Just watched last night's Sportscene there and having had the chance to see things again in isolation, actually can't believe the folk criticizing Higdon. We had 6 clear cut chances in the match, 2 of them were Higdon himself where he did everything right and but for 2 good saves would have been goals. Murphy's shot which produced another great save was from a neat lay-off by Higdon, Law through on goal which was again made by Higdon pressing Goodwin and poking the ball through for Law. The other 2 chances being the goal, and Forbes' shot from distance.

I'm actually not sure what more you'd want from a striker playing up top on his own!

• Like 5

One day you'll actually have some constructive criticism to say about Humphrey. The fact that you defend him unconditionally invalidates any points you have on him that are fair.

The fact is he was pish on Saturday and I'm sure the guy himself is big enough to admit that and continue to work on his game and improve because that's what professional footballers do. You can have all the potential in the world but if you don't realise when you have a mare then you will never fulfil such potential.

No its quite the opposite, although on most occasions i would agree myself that some form of criticism is merited, what i wont accept is comments along the nature of he does not deserve to wear the shirt, they are not merited, and as long as people put cutting unfair comments and or posts i will fight his corner, regardless of what you say. I dont set about any players in the way he gets volleys of abuse from most directions, if the truth be known he might not be playing at the top of his game but he gives 100% every match and believe me he loves playing for this club and i for one will continue to support him through what is proving to me a tough start to the season for Chris.

There is a fine line between Constructive and Negative points of which i agree, he will realise his potential if the support keeps coming, give up on him before the season starts and i fail to see benefit from berrating him constantly.

We are top of the SPL, not conceded a goal, so whatever has been done on the training field seems to be working, players play to a system of which the gaffer sets out his plans. Like it or not thats what happens, individual players do as there told nothing more, sometimes its works, sometimes it does not, on this occasion he did not touch the ball as much as he normally does, whether it was the system or not who knows. But come Rangers game he will be out there again trying his best and hopefully for 'nethertonwellfan' and the rest of us he will fulfill his undoubted potential.

• Like 1

No its quite the opposite, although on most occasions i would agree myself that some form of criticism is merited, what i wont accept is comments along the nature of he does not deserve to wear the shirt, they are not merited, and as long as people put cutting unfair comments and or posts i will fight his corner, regardless of what you say. .

I agree with the point about unconstructive criticism and that he is not a waste of a jersey but you give the impression that any criticism, whether merited or not, will be countered by you. I think you make some valid points but these can be mooted because you give the impression that you are blinkered when it comes Humphrey.

In my opinion during the match players are entitled to 100% support but after the game this is a discussion thread where the negatives and the positives are discussed. This will be the exact same situation post match in the dressing room. Stuart McCall and the guys will look at the negatives too and try and improve on these. The fact that we are top of the league, unbeaten and haven't conceded a goal all season doesn't mean everything in any of the 4 matches has been hunky dory. There has been negatives in all 4 games and there is nothing wrong with looking at the negatives because that's what makes good teams even better teams. I bet you even Barcelona look at where they can improve as scary as that may seem. :rolleyes:

I agree with the point about unconstructive criticism and that he is not a waste of a jersey but you give the impression that any criticism, whether merited or not, will be countered by you. I think you make some valid points but these can be mooted because you give the impression that you are blinkered when it comes Humphrey.

In my opinion during the match players are entitled to 100% support but after the game this is a discussion thread where the negatives and the positives are discussed. This will be the exact same situation post match in the dressing room. Stuart McCall and the guys will look at the negatives too and try and improve on these. The fact that we are top of the league, unbeaten and haven't conceded a goal all season doesn't mean everything in any of the 4 matches has been hunky dory. There has been negatives in all 4 games and there is nothing wrong with looking at the negatives because that's what makes good teams even better teams. I bet you even Barcelona look at where they can improve as scary as that may seem. :rolleyes:

In that i agree,onwards and upwards, its just frustrating as i no he can perform.

I have taken your point.

One thing I've noticed about Humphrey since he has joined the club, although his form is up and down, his good games are getting better. He seems to be working on his game.

At 1st he could only run, couldn't beat a man, then he started beating men, but couldn't cross, then his balls into the box improved, now he's using his left foot, has got a couple of goals, and is more than just a speed merchant.

I'd say his style makes it impossible for him to be effective in every game, some games will suit his style more than others. He is also often picked out for man marking, and has centre halfs covering behind fullbacks to cover his runs, which creates the room for murphy and or law to play. A perfect example was the stjohnstone semi, they kept Humphrey quiet, but murphy ran riot.

He did have a quiet game on Saturday, but he didn't really do anything wrong, just didn't get on the ball and running to the beeline as much as we'd like.

One thing I've noticed about Humphrey since he has joined the club, although his form is up and down, his good games are getting better. He seems to be working on his game.

At 1st he could only run, couldn't beat a man, then he started beating men, but couldn't cross, then his balls into the box improved, now he's using his left foot, has got a couple of goals, and is more than just a speed merchant.

I'd say his style makes it impossible for him to be effective in every game, some games will suit his style more than others. He is also often picked out for man marking, and has centre halfs covering behind fullbacks to cover his runs, which creates the room for murphy and or law to play. A perfect example was the stjohnstone semi, they kept Humphrey quiet, but murphy ran riot.

He did have a quiet game on Saturday, but he didn't really do anything wrong, just didn't get on the ball and running to the beeline as much as we'd like.

Well said that man, the bigger picture!

Since this is turning into a thread about Humphrey, although I wasn't at the game on Sat, I've got to agree with you there sbcmfc, the guy has came on leaps and bounds over the last season or so.

Another thing people should note is that this season most of our play has been down the left hand side, leaving Humphrey isolated on the right. Personally I'd like to see Las, Hateley and Humphrey getting down the right more as they did to great effect last season.

Bottom line is that although he's not been as effective as he was last season, I don't think that - in any game I've seen - he's played that poorly to deserve some of the comments that have been made.

Finally got on the internet.

I've been camping and on saturday I was using my friends phone to check the score every so often cause he could get internet. At 90 mins I wrote us off and gave the phone back. 5 mins later my dad texts me that hately scored in injury time. Think I scared the bears with the cheering I did.

Happy to still be at the top of the league, although saturday will be a test

Finally got on the internet.

I've been camping and on saturday I was using my friends phone to check the score every so often cause he could get internet. At 90 mins I wrote us off and gave the phone back. 5 mins later my dad texts me that hately scored in injury time. Think I scared the bears with the cheering I did.

Happy to still be at the top of the league, although saturday will be a test

the game is sunday now