Rangers (H) Sunday 21st August

Andy_P

62% posession, fuck me we need a cutting edge!!

Far too much respect shown, we have the ball but don't really go at them, NEVER take pot shots at goal and let them swan about the place.

Frankly embarrasing record against Rangers, if that was 3-0 at FP when WE had the ball for over an hour, what will the score be at Ibrox, 6-0, AGAIN??

Right Dazzer - defend Humphrey. looking forward to this.

1/2 - No service

2/1 - Doubling up defensively

3/1 - Carrying an injury

5/1 - Non-sensical tangent

7/1 - Wingers and how they're inconsistent

200/1 - Admitting that he's consistently poor against Rangers & Celtic because their full-backs are used to dealing with players far, far better than Humphrey.

3-0 but could have been as many as Rangers wanted to score. Second half they were content to let us play about in front of them because it was obvious no one in our team had any real belief that we could get anything from the game.

Pointless to single out individuals when a collective lack of self belief was the problem..

3-0 but could have been as many as Rangers wanted to score. Second half they were content to let us play about in front of them because it was obvious no one in our team had any real belief that we could get anything from the game.

Pointless to single out individuals when a collective lack of self belief was the problem..

Quite agree and the self belief statement was spot on.....How many times this week have we heard McCall talk about how good Rangers are and they have "class all over the field" and even minutes before kick off he's going on about how we lost 20 odd goals against them last year!! This is hardly a spur on to the players!!

That Rangers team, along with Celtic are the poorest old firm teams ive saw in over 30yrs, we should have been going in to that game today giving them no respect and got steamed into them, instead we held off them playing tippy tappy football with no guts or will to win!! At no point did we look like we'd take anything of them today!! Thoroughly disappointed in todays performance!!

Tactically we got it all wrong. We should have been playing like Rangers did - on the counter attack. A draw is fine for us let us draw Rangers forward and expose themselves at the back. I thought we were so naive today falling for the same trick over and over.

We need to be more much pragmatic in our aims. Let's be honest about this, virtually all those Old Firm wins were about defending like devils and taking the odd chance when it came. We can't go out and play that open against Rangers or Celtic because if you do, as admirably as it is to try and take the game to them, it's going to work once in a blue moon.

There should have been five across the middle, full backs just sitting defending their areas. We didn't press, we didn't try to physically intimidate them and I thought that was garbage considering that Rangers today was so small and light in stature and fairly inexperienced. We should have bossed it but we didn't.

We just can't set up against Rangers like its just another league game. We need one off tactics, a new formation, a different mindset in these matches and I hope to god we finally learn our lesson.

• Like 2

Tactically we got it all wrong. We should have been playing like Rangers did - on the counter attack. A draw is fine for us let us draw Rangers forward and expose themselves at the back. I thought we were so naive today falling for the same trick over and over.

We need to be more much pragmatic in our aims. Let's be honest about this, virtually all those Old Firm wins were about defending like devils and taking the odd chance when it came. We can't go out and play that open against Rangers or Celtic because if you do, as admirably as it is to try and take the game to them, it's going to work once in a blue moon.

There should have been five across the middle, full backs just sitting defending their areas. We didn't press, we didn't try to physically intimidate them and I thought that was garbage considering that Rangers today was so small and light in stature and fairly inexperienced. We should have bossed it but we didn't.

We just can't set up against Rangers like its just another league game. We need one off tactics, a new formation, a different mindset in these matches and I hope to god we finally learn our lesson.

Spot on. I know I said we may well lose 6-0 again at Ibrox (if we play like today - certainly) but perhaps we have MORE of a chance away from home against them.

Set up 4-5-1, Jennings practically holding the centre halfs knobs he is so close to them in the middle and just park the bus. The other two centre mids taking turns, one presses the ball the other tracks the run through the middle.

Tactics all wrong. Should've played Forbes in the midfield instead of the pish Humphries and how many games is the big motionless lump Higdon going to get before he gets dropped. Burley summed it up perfectly when he said tippy tappy football but Rangers had the penetration. Jelavic wont win as many headers in a game up front for them all season. PISH!!! :wallbash:

Same old same old,.........lose a goal from header a set piece,plenty of of the ball in the first half,but little threat

The lack of urgency a times in the second half was shocking,why was Murphy continually getting deeper and deeper and getting mixed up in the middle of the park ?

With the players we have, I dont think we did much wrong, that creative flare was all that was missing. On a different day we would of found ourselves 2-0 up, particularly had we got our penalty, and it would have been a very different game.

We didnt get the breaks, Rangers did, once that happened it was all over.

3 nil flattered that team. If we get infront of this mob at any time this year, we have the talent to see it out.

It was tippy tappy, but where we used to be completely incapable of stringing two passes together, we are now the best passing side in the league.

It's just that creative flare thats missing

With the players we have, I dont think we did much wrong, that creative flare was all that was missing. On a different day we would of found ourselves 2-0 up, particularly had we got our penalty, and it would have been a very different game.

We didnt get the breaks, Rangers did, once that happened it was all over.

3 nil flattered that team. If we get infront of this mob at any time this year, we have the talent to see it out.

It was tippy tappy, but where we used to be completely incapable of stringing two passes together, we are now the best passing side in the league.

It's just that creative flare thats missing

Can't agree with much of that to be honest... didn't see anything that resembled a penalty for us, three-nil didn't flatter them at all because they looked far more likely to score than we did every time they went forward, and I lost count of the number of even our tippy tappy passes that were intercepted or otherwise poor.

Bring on Clyde!

Second top of the table after five games. Aye, I'd take it. We lost to a better team today. Much as I hate to say it but it's true. Time to forget it and get on with things.

Well I thought we had a decent support which was good, Hammel and Law did well and Jenno and Keith battled away, other than that it was pretty poor. Humphrey was once AGAIN ineffectual ,HigdonKEY was much the same and although Murphy tried he was just too powder puff against Rangers big defenders. Rangers cut through our lackadaisical defence at times like a knife through butter and truth be told it could have been more than 3. However other results today leave us second top behind Rangers on goal difference, still a disappointing day though.