The Michael Higdon Thread

DEWELL

It could be worse....you could sit behind him in the East Stand. Thankfully, for Higdonkey this season the Hump has received the worst from Disco Stu this season.

Just to be clear, that's not me being referred to...

This thread is utterly ridiculous. Whenever Higdon has a bad game (let's not pretend that he doesn't have bad games) people like Steelboy will bump it to validate their disapproval of him. Whenever Higdon has a good game (or a GREAT game, like today) people will bump it to try and prove the likes of Steelboy wrong. Neither side is going to concede anything.

For what it's worth, I can't even begin to fathom the scale of the criticism that Higdon receives. Does he have his faults? Clearly so. Is he better than Porter or Jutkiewicz? Probably not. However, he's a consistent goalscorer who never hides and few defenders will enjoy playing against him.

The desire to say "I told you so" is pathetic - particularly when it coincides with a Motherwell defeat or poor team performance.

He's one of our players. By all means, comment on a poor performance but, FFS, can we not just get behind him?!

did everyone not get excited about a few goals against ict and dundee previously before things went pear shaped? one of the boys at the back for ict today was a career non league player until the summer.

wait and see if he manages any improvement on his recent showings against webster & zaliukas and gunning & dillon before getting too carried away.

And in one post you have summed up why we have Higdon. If he scored with ease against every club in the spl then he wouldn't be playing for us.

Also yer Higdon bashing has now become a fishing trip.

And in one post you have summed up why we have Higdon. If he scored with ease against every club in the spl then he wouldn't be playing for us.

Also yer Higdon bashing has now become a fishing trip.

how's it a fishing trip when people are asking me for my opinion?

i'm not talking about scoring against every club i'm talking about contributing. he disappeared for half a dozen games after his last scoring run.

how's it a fishing trip when people are asking me for my opinion?

i'm not talking about scoring against every club i'm talking about contributing. he disappeared for half a dozen games after his last scoring run.

It is you began this daft Higdon criticism and now you revel in it.

Higdon has been excellent for us and is on track for another season with us in double figures. That's all I ask from a Motherwell striker.

You comment about disappearing in games is shite. He is a lone striker, when we are not playing well he is isolated, but he must remain up front - or we won't score.

• 3 months later...

20 goals is incredible for a team like Motherwell, i certainly can't mind the last time it happened, anyone know?

You would need to go back to the days of Pettigrew to find a striker who could guarantee you that goals ratio. I have heard rumours that Sevco are set to offer him a deal, however this might well be pish.

Have to say his goal scoring has been tremendous this season and with the ammo coming from Faddy,Ojamma and Humphrey i think he'll easily top 25 goals this season which will make him a LEGEND! :notworthy: . By the way it was i who started this thread but that was in a previous life. :nod::laugh:

Probably 1932 laugh.gif

He's got a bit to go to beat MacFadyens 45 in 1932-33 yet.

Joking aside this guy should no longer have any doubters within our support. I'm in my thirties and hes the most prolific striker we've had in my lifetime without question. He also looks likely to eclipse Wullie Ps record. IMO he also offers us sooooooo much more than just his goalscoring prowess. This guy is a future legend.

Anyone who still thinks he's a big donkey who can't run or jump....

eRagmJo.gif

He's got a bit to go to beat MacFadyens 45 in 1932-33 yet.

Joking aside this guy should no longer have any doubters within our support. I'm in my thirties and hes the most prolific striker we've had in my lifetime without question. He also looks likely to eclipse Wullie Ps record. IMO he also offers us sooooooo much more than just his goalscoring prowess. This guy is a future legend.

Anyone who still thinks he's a big donkey who can't run or jump....

eRagmJo.gif

Nah he's shite. Apart from the 20 goals this season he's done nothing for us whistling.gif.

Scott Macdonald - 42 in 108 = 0.39 goals per game

Tommy Coyne - 59 in 132 = 0.45 goals per game

Higgy - 33 in 63 = 0.52 goals per game

He's less likely to create a chance for himself than the other two... But boy can he put them away. He's the best penalty box striker I've seen in a 'Well shirt. Not only that, but with his back to goal linking up play I can't remember better.

:notworthy:

Scott Macdonald - 42 in 108 = 0.39 goals per game

Tommy Coyne - 59 in 132 = 0.45 goals per game

Higgy - 33 in 63 = 0.52 goals per game

He's less likely to create a chance for himself than the other two... But boy can he put them away. He's the best penalty box striker I've seen in a 'Well shirt. Not only that, but with his back to goal linking up play I can't remember better.

:notworthy:

I dont know how old you are Roly but TC was the bizz .TC was probably the best striker and all round player ive seen .

I dont know how old you are Roly but TC was the bizz .TC was probably the best striker and all round player ive seen .

I was in my teens when TC was at fir park. As I said back to goal linking the game, target man and in the penalty box... Higdon is better.

Coyne had a few things Higdon lacks... A spark. To create a chance from nothing and beating players with a flash of genius.

Coyne was a much more exciting player to watch. Which is probably why he's (rightly) so fondly remembered. Higdons record stands for itself though.

I'd say Davie Cooper was the best all round player I've seen in a 'Well shirt though.

ETA...

I'm in my thirties and hes the most prolific striker we've had in my lifetime without question.