Time For Change

johnstone

Reading the Metro this morning and seeing us sitting pretty in second place in the league was great, but then reading all the match reports about how Higdon has proved the 'boo boys' wrong left a bit of a sour taste in the mouth.

All the praise we are receiving from the media is not being reciprocated by our own fans and this is depressing.

If you look at our season so far then all I can see are a long list of positives.

• We are second in the league.
  • All of the signings McCall has made this season have been good.
  • We are scoring a good amount of goals and also creating chances in most games.
  • Even with Hutchinson and Saunders out we have coped admirably
  • We have lost one game outwith the Old Firm in the League. You could also say we deserved to win the Hibs game as we had a perfectly good goal chopped off.
  • We have not played well in some games, but won - thats the sign off a good team!

When you look at this and you find thread after thread of negative bile from our own fans - I just can't understand it.

Lets get behind a Motherwell team on the best run in the League for years. Its not difficult.

• Like 12

But being 2nd in the league doesn't make the games any cheaper, or give you any extra in your pay packet. If the price is too expensive to attend when we're 7th or 11th, it's still gonna be too expensive when we're 2nd.

• Like 2

Why is the price of tickets being brought into this??

Totally Agree Johnstone! +1

huh.gif

Okay if you're struggling to follow the flow of a conversation:-

Someone said that hopefully with us doing so well then perhaps a few people that have stopped coming to games may come back. I made the point that for the most part, the cost of going to games regularly is a huge part of the reason behind their non-attendance and that being the case, being 2nd in the league doesn't make it cheaper therefore they are unlikely to come back on a regular basis regardless of us doing well.

If you're struggling on any of the other topics, just wave your tongue in the air and i'm sure someone will come along to help soon.

• Like 3

huh.gif

Okay if you're struggling to follow the flow of a conversation:-

Someone said that hopefully with us doing so well then perhaps a few people that have stopped coming to games may come back. I made the point that for the most part, the cost of going to games regularly is a huge part of the reason behind their non-attendance and that being the case, being 2nd in the league doesn't make it cheaper therefore they are unlikely to come back on a regular basis regardless of us doing well.

If you're struggling on any of the other topics, just wave your tongue in the air and i'm sure someone will come along to help soon.

You've changed the subject to the price of football from the quality of the team... All Milo said was that hopefully the impressive form of the team will convince the fans to return to games. But you've simply returned with the price of football being too high for those fans to turn up to every game, Which is fair enough but it isn't relevant...

You've changed the subject to the price of football from the quality of the team... All Milo said was that hopefully the impressive form of the team will convince the fans to return to games. But you've simply returned with the price of football being too high for those fans to turn up to every game, Which is fair enough but it isn't relevant...

It's a follow on to the point Milo made so of course its relevant, wind yer neck in ffs.

Anyhow, to the point, I've never booed or heckled any Motherwell player wearing the jersey and never will. There have been many who have exasperated me considerably but while they wear the jersey they are sacrosanct. I will moan mightily about them on here and in the pub but once they cross the line onto the pitch they have my undivided support and I cannot understand how anyone can spend 90 minutes criticising their own players and then call themselves supporters.

Everyone on here knows, or they should know, my opinion on Stuart McCall, I dont like him, I dont rate him as a manager, and I dont think he should be in the job in the first place.

That's my opinion, but, for as long as he's in the job he will have my undivided loyalty. I'd much rather see him and Motherwell succeed leaving me with egg on my face than see him and Motherwell fail with me saying "I told you so", because I'm a Motherwell fan and the club means more to me than my own fucking ego.

Stop booing and start encouraging.

It's a follow on to the point Milo made so of course its relevant, wind yer neck in ffs.

Anyhow, to the point, I've never booed or heckled any Motherwell player wearing the jersey and never will. There have been many who have exasperated me considerably but while they wear the jersey they are sacrosanct. I will moan mightily about them on here and in the pub but once they cross the line onto the pitch they have my undivided support and I cannot understand how anyone can spend 90 minutes criticising their own players and then call themselves supporters.

Everyone on here knows, or they should know, my opinion on Stuart McCall, I dont like him, I dont rate him as a manager, and I dont think he should be in the job in the first place.

That's my opinion, but, for as long as he's in the job he will have my undivided loyalty. I'd much rather see him and Motherwell succeed leaving me with egg on my face than see him and Motherwell fail with me saying "I told you so", because I'm a Motherwell fan and the club means more to me than my own fucking ego.

Stop booing and start encouraging.

:blink:

• Like 1

But the price of football is way too high and I refuse to pay it every week no matter how well the team are doing. If it was reduced I might consider a few more trips to away games but I'm certainly not going to countenance a return to Paisley for example cos it's just not worth it, late winning goal or not. So it is a relevant point.

• Like 3

A scottish cup final and 2nd in the spl 10 games in with the smallest squad and probably smallest budget we've ever had says he was a good appointment.

I'd settle for losing 8 times to the old firm, if we carry on beating everyone else!

I think it's the manner of some of the defeats that have annoyed people, which I understand.

I'm sure it's something they are looking at, and hopefully on the 6th of November we will see some signs of improvement.

I'm more worried about the no show against stjohnstone! A repeat of that would annoy me far more.

In reality we shouldn't be able to challenge the OF, they have a squad 3 times the size of ours, and can afford dumplings like edu or loovens who each earn more than our starting 11 combined. Rangers apparently had 13 players out when they played us, but had 7 internationals on the park.

it would be what?

i.e. compared to 'someone elses' record

whom would be compared to just someone else - that just wouldn fit right.

It's the records of people we're comparing not the people themselves

so its a 'what'

Ok, the record of Terry Butcher, Steven Pressley, Mark McGhee (Motherwell Record), Jim Gannon, Billy Davies, Alex McLeish, Paulo Sergio, Derek McInnes. Do you need anymore?