2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

Not too sure about him to be honest. He's nearly thirty, and has had a pretty erratic career for the past three years or so, seeing five clubs in that period.

I'd prefer we went for someone a bit younger that may provide some sell-on value down the line.

Is johnny Hayes not available on a free

Aye, and he'd do the business for us, but sadly out of our price range I think.

Enjoyably, Aberdeen announced they'd signed him last week, which he subsequently rubbered.

1340144569[/url]' post='345920']

Aye, and he'd do the business for us, but sadly out of our price range I think.

Enjoyably, Aberdeen announced they'd signed him last week, which he subsequently rubbered.

He said on twitter that he hopes to sign for someone tomorrow, or at least have it sorted so he can tell all his loving followers.

As you say, he's not signing for us.

Wish him all the best wherever he goes. Outstanding performer during his time at the club.

He has stayed longer than we expected, but it would be a sore one for him to move on when we are in the Champions league. Probably for him as well to be fair.

The delay is that he is probably hoping for better than Portsmouth and Peterborough who have been quoted as interested. Problem is we cannot wait forever. It is a dilemna for McCall, does he force a decision or bide his time and hope for the best.

Only consolation is he takes a few weeks after summer to get back to full fitness. If that is any consolation :cry:

Thought he would have got an offer from better teams. Best of luck to him for the future.

TBH he only stayed last season because of the betting thing or he'd have been off last season.

Pity he didn't get a better team, it could have persuaded others to come up for a couple of seasons.

Surely we could sign him on a short term deal to play in the Champions League, with a clause he can go for free if and when a better club comes in for him? Not like hws gonna be cup tied wherever he goes.....

i would disagree with that. I think that if he is not willing to commit to a 1 year contract (which is awfully short anyway) then we should not be bending over backwards to get him in for the champions league games. We will survive with or without

Dont disagree. We will survive and we will replace Jenno eventually. But the chances of getting a replacement of equal quality in between now and Champions League deadline are pretty minimal.

I know we are unlikely to progress in the CL but I would like us to give a good account of ourselves and at have a go at least getting Europa League Group stage.

For that reason I think a short term deal could suit both parties. Jenno gets to play Champions League before moving on before the window shuts and we get the benefit of one of our most influential players to have a real tilt at doing something historic that could make a dent in the hole in our finances.

Dont disagree. We will survive and we will replace Jenno eventually. But the chances of getting a replacement of equal quality in between now and Champions League deadline are pretty minimal.

I know we are unlikely to progress in the CL but I would like us to give a good account of ourselves and at have a go at least getting Europa League Group stage.

For that reason I think a short term deal could suit both parties. Jenno gets to play Champions League before moving on before the window shuts and we get the benefit of one of our most influential players to have a real tilt at doing something historic that could make a dent in the hole in our finances.

What happens if Jennings breaks a leg or snaps his achilles like Saunders during one of these games and is out for the season? We wouldn't extened his deal as we couldn't afford to keep paying someone we couldn't play & Jennings would be left without a contract and with no income for a lengthy period of time. Not to mention no club to pay his medical bill.

It's a nice idea in theory, but it's too risky and sadly not a goer. Jennings either signs for another year or he leaves.