Cup Replay Moved

Suprawell

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will still be able to make the game but it frustrates me that all those fans who took nights off etc will not be able to make the game because of SKY.

TV has taken everything that used to be good about football away.

If they know that there is a chance games will be moved, they shouldn't bother to publish dates, that way people wont go taking nights off work that are meaningless. Its no fair that they're allowed to fuck people about so easily.

I will still be able to make the game but it frustrates me that all those fans who took nights off etc will not be able to make the game because of SKY.
Which, of course, is exactly what SKY wants. Less people able to make the game = more people that watch it on telly.

1659 is a starnge number for seat allocation, isn't it? Glad we've had the Shellic game moved now, Saint Mirren requested their game at FHW be moved to Sunday and, surprise surprise, the SPL refused!

Fuck £15, in the house with a jar or two.

Both clubs had a great opportunity here, they've both already made there money from this round with the first match's ticket money and now they have money from Sky coming in too. The chance was there for them to make this game really affordable to people in this current economic climate but unsurprisingly, they haven't taken it.

Poor show.

our game against accies is this saturday 14th

Every time i see your name at the side of the main board letting me know you'v posted, i cant wait to get straight on there and read your pearls of wisdom. Thank you so much for letting me know about the game on saturday otherwise i'd probably have missed it and ended up spending the day licking emmjays farter (the offer is still there).

Both clubs had a great opportunity here, they've both already made there money from this round with the first match's ticket money and now they have money from Sky coming in too. The chance was there for them to make this game really affordable to people in this current economic climate but unsurprisingly, they haven't taken it.

Poor show.

Agree with you there. I know they'll be trying to make more money too, but at the same time it's not just 15 quid. It's the train/bus/petrol to get there, couple of drinks before or after and maybe something to eat when you're there. Probably looking at nearer £30. Might not seem like much to some, but to me that's a lot for a Thursday night game when like most say, you could stay at home or even go down the pub and watch it for nothing.

Every time i see your name at the side of the main board letting me know you'v posted, i cant wait to get straight on there and read your pearls of wisdom. Thank you so much for letting me know about the game on saturday otherwise i'd probably have missed it and ended up spending the day licking emmjays farter (the offer is still there).

it was a reply to an earlier post ya twat

Couldn'y care less tbh, cup games are only a bonus to the league.

Jamie, save me a seat at yours :(

A very valuable bonus to teams such as us, we know winning the league is not on the cards so a good cup run is essential.

Which is why all supporters who can should get along to back the team, would be a nightmare if we lost out on that bonus in the current financial climate.

I am fecked too cos I am in Londinium on the 19th :(

I am happy that the club will make extra revenue but stop feckin about with the dates please!!!

I know it's disappointing for folk that now can't make it because of the change of dates, but I don't think it's the club's doing. Is it not Sky?

All ticket?!?! That's a joke. Do they actually want people to go to this game?

"At the request of the police". I'd love to hear theire reasoning behind that.

Was the original game all ticket? No. And it only attracted 5,500. What are the chances of this game even approaching a sell out? Two. And we all know what they are.

All ticket! Great!

That means drive from Renfrew to Motherwell to get a ticket for a match that is being played 10 minutes from where I live!!!

In the current climate you would think Clubs would be doing everything to try and attract people to a game especially one that is on midweek in February and televised?

Nope don't think I will bother.

All ticket?!?! That's a joke. Do they actually want people to go to this game?

"At the request of the police". I'd love to hear theire reasoning behind that.

Was the original game all ticket? No. And it only attracted 5,500. What are the chances of this game even approaching a sell out? Two. And we all know what they are.

A very sensible and reasoned argument that. No way it'll be a sell out considering there was just under 6000 for the original game, played on a Saturday. With the game live on Sky I expect around 500 Well fans there and a sub 4000 attendance overall.

Poor show.

With the current economic climate, do you realistically think either club would do anything to reduce their income? While the additional money is a bonus, they will be looking to maximise the income.

Incidentally, St. Mirren are moaning about Hearts blocking the re-arrangement of their fixture from saturday to sunday following their game against us. Were we not in a similar position a few years ago, with Aberdeen pointing the finger at us?