Fans Display V Panathinaikos

Dee

First of all, cheers to the guys on here that actually have something positive to say about us! We appreciate the support we get and i'm sure the team appreciate the support they get.

Second of all, if it wasn't for us down in the last section Fir Park and away games would just be downright boring. With the occassional chant of 'well well super well' every 3 or 4 games!

And to Dr fucking plangoss. Guys put in alot of time, money and effort to do things like this, for the players and for the fans! Being involved in this is something a can say i'm proud of. Then a come on here to see the likes of you moaning for a few bits of paper being thrown on the pitch. Get a grip.

"Being total idiots" Good one. Prick.

• Like 2

If there wasnt anything in the corner creating an atmosphere then last night the stadium wouldve been riddled with tutting...

Its amazing what is shown in the corner of the East and it would be nice if folk joined in right across the East and into the Cooper. The Cooper is a family stand? Well why dont families enjoy themselves at the football? Come on guys we all need to muck together and join in..

And for the paper throwing onto the park????

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhh BIG FUCKIN DEAL!!! Its paper, not a pigs head. Nobody died or was ripped open by a bit of paper... Live with it and bring on the season ahead!!

This chat is chronic.

First of all, yes, it would be an amazing atmosphere if everyone stood for 90 minutes singing and bouncing about. I'm sure the players would love it too. However, just because people choose to sit and watch the game with friends and family and quietly chat as the game goes on, it doesn't make them any less of a fan. They still pay their money for a ticket the same way as anyone else.

Yes, it's tremendous that some of our fans are willing to take the time and effort to prepare banners and card displays, etc. Well done. However, please remember that the "boring" fans will have also paid good money to contribute to these displays - as seen on these very forums.

Why the fuck this has turned into we're better fans than you, my cock's bigger than yours, God only knows. This has NOTHING to do with whether people sing or sit in silence, sit in the East or sit in the POD.

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU AGREE WITH THE RULE - THROWING ANY ITEM ON TO THE PITCH CAN LEAD TO A FINE FOR OUR CLUB.

It's surely not that difficult to understand, is it?!

• Like 5

Throwing stuff onto the pitch is a bit stupid, I think that's a given. I'd assume all Motherwell fans were aware of how it could result in a fine, not to mention a summer of us not having a clue what to expect financially at Fir Park. The bigger disappointment was more stuff being thrown onto the park immediately after the tannoy announcement. I'm happy not to make a big deal about a few folk getting caught up in the game and the atmosphere and throwing rolled up paper without thinking before then, but to do it in response to the club pleading for you to stop is fucking ridiculous. But it's done.

The display itself was great. At the time, there seemed to be enough empty seats in the East Stand that I feared it would be a bit of an anti-climax, but looking at the photos it worked brilliantly. A big well done to those who put in the time and effort.

So aye, display was great, throwing stuff at players after being asked not to was pathetic. Doesn't detract from the absolutely tremendous job that's been done with the atmosphere at 'Well games both at home and away and I'm thoroughly looking forward to more of the same this season.

• Like 2

"Significant damage" to the seats now being mentioned on the official site. Caused by standing on them or blatant vandalism? Who knows. Either way very disappointing.

EDIT: Just seen that it was not malicious......so looks like the former. Not quite as bad but still money that could be better spent elsewhere.

Doesn't detract from the absolutely tremendous job that's been done with the atmosphere at 'Well games both at home and away and I'm thoroughly looking forward to more of the same this season.

Indeed!

And leaving the issue of the paper-throwing itself, aside for a bit. I'm sure everyone has a thirst for more of the same from last night in the coming months and seasons ahead and we as supporters have our part to play in securing that.

It's all inter-linked. We as supporters put our money into the club through the various different means - the club put the best team on the park with the funds at their disposal and together come a match day we both feed off one another as was evident last night.

And that is made a whole lot easier by the efforts of the guys up the top couple of sections of the East Stand. Lessons should clearly be learned about last night's paper throwing but a perspective should be retained.

As Jay says going to watch and support Motherwell is a hugely different proposition from what it was even three or four seasons ago and it is great being a part of it.

*awaits the "you c***s huv tae moan aboot sumhin" posts from the inebriated east stand fans*

Tremendous work on the display, great stuff from all involved.

Good to see lads have got the first moan of the season off their chests as well, who had 'UEFA FINE!!' in the sweepy? I thought I was quids in after I got Higdon.

d0PJZ.gif

• Like 1

Also to note, it was the whole of the East Stand that had paper thrown on the pitch, not just our section which had alot more folk in it that ye don't see every other Saturday.

I don't think the issue is the paper thrown onto the pitch mate. Paper, ticker tape, beach balls etc all can get thrown just before kick off no problem. Its the throwing it at opposition players, particularly after the tannoy announcement says not to which is causing the problems.

Great atmosphere lastnight, great display. Keep up the good work. Fir Park was absolutley rocking for a good 15 minutes in the second half when we were giving it to Pana!

Expect any less of that corner of the stand?

Considering it was an all-ticket affair, and people were issued seats pretty much at random I don't think you can attribute the incidents to those who usually sit in that end of the stadium.

I sit there most weeks and there was shitloads of unrecogniseable faces all around me. As I also said, the paper that was aimed at the opposition players came from behind me mostly, and I was seated in the 2nd bank of seats, so your rush to blame the lads who create the atmosphere at the ground is confusing.

problem is if those wee idiots get banned we don't get the revenue from them paying at the gate or buying season/match tickets..... sadly in these times we need the c***s money..... shame they couldn't throw that onto the pitch (in note form of course)

There's no guarantee that those "wee idiots" will even be back at Fir Park for regular season play, is there?

Being total idiots? Aye.

You have examples to back that up, aye?

But no one here should be tarring the guys in the East Stand with the same brush.Every week those guys make Fir Park electric and worth coming to just to see what they've been up to.

Bang on.

• Like 2

First of all, cheers to the guys on here that actually have something positive to say about us! We appreciate the support we get and i'm sure the team appreciate the support they get.

Second of all, if it wasn't for us down in the last section Fir Park and away games would just be downright boring. With the occassional chant of 'well well super well' every 3 or 4 games!

And to Dr fucking plangoss. Guys put in alot of time, money and effort to do things like this, for the players and for the fans! Being involved in this is something a can say i'm proud of. Then a come on here to see the likes of you moaning for a few bits of paper being thrown on the pitch. Get a grip.

"Being total idiots" Good one. Prick.

iain, most of us are happy that some of you put so much extra effort into helping to create a better atmosphere for us all mate. i dont think you will find anyone that is not.

however you got to agree that the eejits that threw "a few bits of paper" directly AT opposition players were simply MORONS ( and that is to all of them throughout the east, not just around your section cos we had afew morons up the other end, and right along the touchline), especially in response to being asked by OUR club over the tannoy to stop it, taht may result in our club being fined for their stupidity :help:

it is possible that the cost of fixing the broken seats and any fine could take away a good percentage of any profit made from last night and cost us potentially 2-3 new players wages

yep have fun, make a lot of noise but try a little self policing to ensure the more stupid amongst our support dont ruin it for yourselves and us all. if we do get fine can the club now support any future displays? that would be difficult for them imo

:cry:

yep have fun, make a lot of noise but try a little self policing to ensure the more stupid amongst our support dont ruin it for yourselves and us all.

Or maybe the stewards can do their job? I stood and watched one guy in the third row of the 2nd bank of seats throw a balled up bit of paper and hit a steward right in the chest with it, only for him to do fuck all and what looked like his superior tell the guy in question to sit down and cut it out.

If there is such a risk with the club getting fined and so forth then surely this guy should have been thrown out?

Why should other fans run the risk of a barrage of abuse from someone by telling them what they can & can't do at a football game? That isn't their responsibility.

Or maybe the stewards can do their job? I stood and watched one guy in the third row of the 2nd bank of seats throw a balled up bit of paper and hit a steward right in the chest with it, only for him to do fuck all and what looked like his superior tell the guy in question to sit down and cut it out.

If there is such a risk with the club getting fined and so forth then surely this guy should have been thrown out?

Why should other fans run the risk of a barrage of abuse from someone by telling them what they can & can't do at a football game? That isn't their responsibility.

that sums up today's society for me david

yep its always someone else's job aint it...Personally i would rather turn to a mate and tell him he is being a bit of a fanny and to quit it, than having anyone ejected from our support :blush:

• Like 2

I think the display and the paper throwing should be separated here.

The display looked great! I'm pleased it worked out well, and well done to the guys who paid for and organised it.

The paper throwing was idiotic, although its only bits of paper, throwing it at people is asking for trouble, it also seems to have harmed the reputation of the guys that organised the display, which is a shame, as other than supply the paper, they have done nothing wrong.

sb, I think there is only the Dr laying any blame at the display organisers mate.

the display takes a wee bit of brain power...the morons that threw the rolled up paper at opposition players simply have none of that imo

Being total idiots? Aye. Sweeping Move is making my point really well.

Displays looked good, but can't help but feel they would've looked a lot better in the DC/South due to the low roof on the East.

Go find me a post where I'm blaming the display organisers.

You too Iain.

Brain power indeed.

that sums up today's society for me david

yep its always someone else's job aint it...Personally i would rather turn to a mate and tell him he is being a bit of a fanny and to quit it, than having anyone ejected from our support :blush:

No, it's the job of the person who is actually being paid to deal with it.

In this day & age you'll see very few people confronting strangers who are acting up. It's simply not going to happen, and you can't expect people to do that.

• Like 1

No, it's the job of the person who is actually being paid to deal with it.

In this day & age you'll see very few people confronting strangers who are acting up. It's simply not going to happen, and you can't expect people to do that.

i'm not talking stangers mate...Most of us go to the match with mates....if one of your mates step out of line its YOUR job to tell him, rather than him being thrown out by a plukey wee power mad steward on minimum wage and being banned from returning.

the more often that happens the easier it is for self policing of our full support, zoomers/strangers included.

its like when my 11 year old gives me a telling off after i have shouted abuse at ref/linesman/opposition player or all of the above.

But if more people would "confront" strangers, while also keeping themselves safe, our society would be a better place for us all imo

• Like 2