St Mirren Game

FrazMFC96

The drop ball was the moment the ref lost control of that game, a disgrace but the way tackles were flying in it was unsurprising that a red was flashed.

We had noticeably tired towards the end, sitting far too deep which was inviting their pressure onto us which will inevitably lead to us losing a goal.

Lasley, I felt had a good game today for the first in a while and had to happen, hetherington was poor for me, his inability to pass a ball five yards was Danny Murphy esque.

I cannot say St Mirren didn't deserve a point today. Gave us a right pounding in second half.

As for Hutch, regardless if officials saw anything untoward, he was stupid for starting the finger wagging once he got treatment, think the ref gave him a chance and then he kept at it. Had he kept his frustration in check for a couple of minutes we could have been looking at a different result.

The throw-in for prior to the equaliser....WTF was that all about??

What a sickener!

In all fairness a point was the least St Mirren deserved. I thought they were the better pretty much from start to finish but the timing of their equaliser was really cruel on a team that had shown bags of character and determination to keep them out in the preceeding 92 or minutes.

Did the linesman get the throw in call wrong? What was the first booking for Hutchinson about. Dissent? He let a fair bit of that go unchallenged so seems harsh to caution someone for dissent after being clubbed in the chops.

It was quite an open game to begin with. Great start for us but I never thought it was going to be the only goal the way it swung back and forth for a bit before they got on top. They seemed to be playing more of the football and us looking more direct and pacy on the break. Was certainly dangerous the way it allowed them plenty possession but we still threatened to add to our tally on the break.

Pretty much more of the same in the second half as they pressed. I'm sure his detractors will be quick to point to Higdon's chance to kill it that he fired over. I'm not a harsh critic of his but it in retrospect it was a key moment.

Looked like we were going to do it, even after Hutchy went off but it wasn't to be. Frustrating that it comes potentially comes as a consequence of officiating after being so dogged in holding firm.

As I say a point was probably fair, the circumstances behind not getting three, very frustrating.

• Like 1

Referee was a fanny. We might have been poor but St Mirren weren't going to get a goal until he did them a favour.

McCall made a good point that a few on here could do with taking heed of. We were far from our best in terms of keeping the ball but we did dig in with some solid defensive performances, and nearly had 3 points but for the last 30 seconds. Again, Higdon will divide opinion but he won plenty, and Murphy/Ojamaa got plenty of the ball from him, they were just wasteful with it. Heard so many people spouting that "Ojamaa's pish", "he's no interested" and "he needs hunted", ludicrous really when you see how tame we look up front when he went off. We have a lot of players who can cause problems for defenders, even when they're not firing on cylinders. We could do with learning to appreciate players like Henrik who are capable of winning games with moment of magic. A poor performance today but still unbeaten and without too much to worry about, we're capable of much better.

• Like 1

Most folk keep a lid on it when they get skelped in the chops by a perma tanned trouser folder who continued the wind up through the incident. Not.

Hutch was unfortunate.

Decent performance today even though we were running on empty 2nd half.

Similar story for hearts at pittodrie according to post match interviews

• Like 3

As sickening and infuriating as it is to lose an equaliser in the dying seconds like that it had been coming nearly the entire game and was no more than st mirren deserved as they were excellent throughout.

For whatever reason we were a disorganised chaotic fucking shambles from the 3rd minute onwards. Too many of our so called star players haven't kicked their own arse all season and now we are already down to the bare bones with injuries and suspensions after 4 league games.

I'm not saying we're going down but unless some quality is added in the next week a slog at the wrong end of the table is what we'll have to endure this season.

• Like 1

Some right fuckin panty wetters on here.

I was thinking the same and sadly it's always the same. We weren't great but we cleary tired in the 2nd when Saints really took control. However Motherwell teams of old that I can think off would have folded so kudos to the lads for running themselves into the ground. Plenty of last ditch defending, hacked clearances, lazy in possesion etc. Yet for all that we were 30 seconds away and a questionable decision away from taking all three points.

It was a real backs to the wall job and I thought the defence was very good. Very few clear cut chances and some great defending. Felt especially sorry for young Kerr & Cummins at the end as I felt they were outstanding and deserved to keep a clean sheet. Some great tackles by Cummins and the amount of covering tackles at that Kerr made was exceptional. Also thought Higdon put in a good shift, took his goal well and made a number of important clearances himself. The ref was a fucking joke but what a stupid red card for Hutchinson to pick up, needless as he was immense as well up to that point.

With a small squad with a lot of youth and our third game in 8 days we were always going to struggle. It was gritty, workman like display and although Saints fully merited their point it was still hard to take having fought for so long to keep them out.

Surprised(well I'm not) by some of the reactions on here but you get used to it. No danger we'll struggle this season, top six comfortably and you can bookmark that.

Unlucky lads, on to the next one.

• Like 1

Im sure we'll come good we still have good players but this European adventure has been a nightmare to be honest so all in all im ok with a point today as i knew we'd be on a downer after thursday, but obviously a c--t of a time to lose a goal. We were CRAP today and Big Hutchie single handedly saved us from a pummeling. It could've been 4 or 5 easily today that's how bad we were. St.Mirren TOTALLY dominated from the 3rd to the 94th minute so to escape with only 1 goal conceded after them having about what seemed like 500 corners and 100 last ditch clearences was definately a point gained. So onwards and upwards. :drinks:

• Like 2

Few good flashes but overall a pretty mediocre performance. We completely lost the midfield battle for the majority of the game which is going to cost you. Thought Kerr was very decent on his first start, Higdon was good both going forward and when needed in defence, and Hutchinson turned in a reasonable performance before the ordering off.

Referee was an absolute joke, and at times we were far, far too deep while trying to hold onto the lead (having every player in our own half while the ball was on the edge of the St Mirren box before Hutchinson had even been sent off springs to mind). Playing defensively late on is one thing, but when at times you're so deep you don't even have an out ball you're just asking for wave after wave of attack - something that's going to cost you eventually.

All in all, a point each was the correct result though. Undefeated in the SPL so far, over a few weeks which included midweek European ties, is hardly the worst start to the season.

Im sure we'll come good we still have good players but this European adventure has been a nightmare to be honest so all in all im ok with a point today as i knew we'd be on a downer after thursday, but obviously a c--t of a time to lose a goal. We were CRAP today and Big Hutchie single handedly saved us from a pummeling. It could've been 4 or 5 easily today that's how bad we were. St.Mirren TOTALLY dominated from the 3rd to the 94th minute so to escape with only 1 goal conceded after them having about what seemed like 500 corners and 100 last ditch clearences was definately a point gained. So onwards and upwards. :drinks:

:lol:

Nonsense. I guess all those blocks, interceptions and tackles that Kerr and Cummins made were in my imagination? The saves Randolph made?

He had good game up until his red but certainly no better than Cummins and especially Kerr who made several great covering tackles to keep us ahead. And none of the them were naive enough to get themselves sent off and leave a big gaping hole in our defence at the end.

Quite possibly the worst performance I've seen us turn in in a long long time, but still gutted to lose the goal as late as we did, although if the roles were reversed, we'd say we more than merited the draw - the Midden's movement was far superior to ours today, and I'm only thankful that they played without strikers !

IMO we're need to be way more aggressive in our forward play, and I don't mean crunching tackles, but I assume it's just not going to be SMc's favored option. In fairness, SMc knows the player's capabilities more than me, but if I can offer my tuppence worth, get Jamie Murphy off the wing and either up front with Higdon or Ojamma, or as a link between the midfield and the strikers.

The midfield work hard, but all too often, there doesn't seem to be a forward option that will hurt the opposition.

Going to stop - 'Er Indoors has just said 'at least you didn't lose' wallbash.gifwallbash.gif

MON RA DOSSERS

For those of you yet to listen to the Gaffers post match on the BBC let me translate it into fan speak, "The Ref had a shocker Hutch getting sent off was a joke, the lino on the East Stand side was shite especially for the throw in that ultimately led to the goal, St Mirren are a bunch of dirty cheating bastards".whistling.gif

Obviously he words it far more tactfully

• Like 1

Well in Hutch, you fucking diddy.

Raging raging raging, 2 sendings off in 2 games take the 300k we are hard pressed enough with injuries to handle hutch getting sent off and out for a few matches well the fuck done u twat

Sorry a promising young player but he's already got himself a reputation with referees now. Only 21 so if £300K has been proffered might be politic to take it.

Obviously the wank stain of a referee disagrees with you. Although, Hutch needs to keep the heid, he should have seen out the last few minutes and done his raving in the dressing room or the ref's room. That moment of madness cost us 3 points and instead of being 1st we are 5th in the table.

hmm got to disagree with you there...any player who has just been booked for dissent and is raging at the referee justly in this case must know the referee is keeping a close eye on them, then getting a second yellow only moments later is extremely stupid no matter how you look at it. This puts extreme pressure on the guys who are left who were already under the cosh a bit. Sorry I regard that as red mist by Hutch, that cost us and he might live to regret it come the next few games. No disagreement the ref and linesmen were shite but we get that all the time at Fir Park up to the players to just get on with it. Look at the Levante game with the offisde, guys waving their arms and not playing to the whistle as a recent example.

Wring out your gussets people, is this how we roll now? Higgy had a good game so we need a new boo boy, I would say that were it not for Hutch today (and many others) we would easily have been 4 or 5 goais down.

Hutch DID NOT cost us 3 points, our inability to hold on to or capitalise on a lead combined with poor decisions form the Match Officials was the difference between a point and 3 points.

Whilst I respect your right to voice your opinion I have to say what a lot of pish!

facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

• Like 4

I thought I seen that too but everyone around me was going totally mental, as was Hammel..

It definitely came off Hammel, if players spent less time moaning about referees decisions and concentrated on defending we might win more games. At the end of the day it’s rare that a ref or linesman change their mind, it’s simpler just to get on with it. The similar thing happened at Levante’s second goal, players moaning about offside when they should be playing to the whistle.

:lol:

Nonsense. I guess all those blocks, interceptions and tackles that Kerr and Cummins made were in my imagination? The saves Randolph made?

He had good game up until his red but certainly no better than Cummins and especially Kerr who made several great covering tackles to keep us ahead. And none of the them were naive enough to get themselves sent off and leave a big gaping hole in our defence at the end.

Up until hutch got sent off he was our best player on the park .Anyone else notice that Law doesn't pass to OJ ?