Out Of Contract?

rab_mackinnon

mccall said in an interview before the ict game that he expected randolph to be off at the end of the season.

given our financial situation it is possible that we might even need higdon and humphrey to take a pay cut in any new deal the same way that lasley and hammell had to.

i expect them to leave aswell,i would just like to know that we had at least tried to keep them.

There's no point worrying, if they want to stay they'll stay, if they want to go they'll go and there's not much we can do to stop them. However you try asking Randolph or Law for example to at best stay on their current wages at a level beneath them instead of furthering there careers elsewhere for four or five times as much money and I'll bet you'll get a very quick answer.

These guys are great to have but like all players that are a cut above that play for Motherwelll, chances are they won't be here for very long. You either get these guys for a fairly short period of time or not at all, they have no intention of spending the majority of there careers here. We are simply seen as a platform to better things. Which is fine by me cause guys like Randolph more than deserve a shot at the big time with the service he's given us.

My advice is enjoy them while they're here and let McCall/Dempster deal with the rest.

• Like 2

Before we offer players contracts we need to sort out McCall's situation. Once that's done we can move onto the players.

If McCall signs on we may see that some of the players are willing to stay. Law for example seems to enjoy playing under McCall.

If he doesn't sign on then we could see a mass exodus as players will want to know that they'll get a game under a new manager. We've already seen one come in and try to do away with the old guard.

I believe we'll sell Randolph and Murphy during the January window and offer deals to the other out of contract players of which i expect to see Law,Humphrey and Daley rejecting. We'll survive and move on. :cheers:

I think we are at the stage now where it's worth more to us to keep both Randolph and Murphy and let them go for nothing than it is to sell them on for some nominal sum like we did with Reynolds. The league table is very tight and without both those players I suspect we are going down the table rather than maintaining our current position or even rising up it.

Perhaps the Aberdeen game will determine our strategy. If there is no cup run money it may force us to accept a bid that would otherwise be unacceptable.

We do have previous form in the "accepting unacceptable bids" stakes, to be fair. Better the last couple of years, mind you.

As you say Last couple years that's not the case

So, does that not change the previous form to, we do not accept unacceptable bids

Edit;

I reckon ya bezzer will be pretty close with the cup game, influencing any decisions by the club

But the players, particularly Randolph will be able to choose to stay til the summer,

If relegation is not a threat , a few hundred thousand 3-4? Would probably tempt the club, £500k+ they'd snap it up

Still not a true value for an international, but needs must, and until the club has sound financial backing, and is facing a £400k deficit it'll always be the same

So we need well society subs signed up and to buy a euro million tickets

Daley will be used as cover. Personally him and the Hump can leave as far as im concerned. They're both lightning fast but technically awfull.

Well Hump is fast and I'd be happy to keep him but Daley I yet to see anything to suggest he's as quick as made out to be. I'd let him go, had a few decent games last season but rarely makes an impact in games.

Daley being offered a new contract would just be horrid.

Can't understand why people want rid of Humphrey to be honest. He's frustrating at times, aye, but he can be a fantastic outball and is unplayable on his day. His crossing is poor, yes, but if a player with his pace could cross he simply wouldn't be at Motherwell. Right enough, our support do expect us to sign a lightning fast winger with pinpoint crossing.

As for selling anyone in January, you have to question whether it would be worth it. As long as we offer Murphy a deal which matches what he is on just now, we will at least get compensation for him. Selling Randolph for a pittance could end up losing us money, as I reckon his form could well be worth the prize money of a place or two. Same with Law, 6 months may be better than any fee we would get.