Motherwell Vs Dundee United Discussion Thread

David

To provide enough power & lighting to evacuate the stadium safely.

Was this the official line?

What a load of nonsense, with the crowds that turn up there would have been junior grounds with a higher percentage of their total capacity in attendance today, no emergency lighting there.

Health and safety has gone daft, the baw's burst.

Nothing the club could have done if its a area failure, Just need the media teams good relationship with the press to hopefully kick in and make sure the correct reason for the call off gets published

although in the ground, the shambles comment isnt that far off the mark, despite a practice run last year, the organisation seemed worse.

hopefully the club will request feedback as to why it appeared that way.

Shit day for the players after a frustrating week or so I'm sure they were desperate to get a game, and now we have the international break.

Don't understand why the game was canceled because of the power? What exactly does it effect? The flood lights were off anyway, its not exactly pitch black outside and I'm sure we could have managed without the pies for a week. :whistling:

Back up generators, are really only specified to power emergency requirements (emergency PA, fire alarms, Emergency lighting for exits etc) and to run for a certain amount of time, that will be based on the stadium evacuation time + a safety margin, there is no way a match commander or Motherwell official could or would allow a match to be hosted on emergency power which would have no backup.

as soon as the call goes into Scottish Power , the decision will be made on their response, no doubt they couldnt guarantee stable power would be restored within a timeframe, so makes it the only safe decision.

Don't understand why the game was canceled because of the power? What exactly does it effect? The flood lights were off anyway, its not exactly pitch black outside and I'm sure we could have managed without the pies for a week. :whistling:

lights in the dressing room would probably help.

i had a text message sent to my house phone by scottish power on thursday apologising for potential power outages due to maintenance. you would have expected them to ensure that a major event in the area wouldn't be affected.

do the club have to give out refunds? letting people into the rearranged game is ok but no use to those who can't make it midweek. i would hope the club will give anyone who wants one a full refund.

• Like 1

lights in the dressing room would probably help.

i had a text message sent to my house phone by scottish power on thursday apologising for potential power outages due to maintenance. you would have expected them to ensure that a major event in the area wouldn't be affected.

do the club have to give out refunds? letting people into the rearranged game is ok but no use to those who can't make it midweek. i would hope the club will give anyone who wants one a full refund.

Fair enough its a pain in the arse not not exactly worth calling a game off for.

They'll be contracted to provide broadcast media highlights, difficult without electricity.

There's all the admin that has to go on in the dressing rooms and referees room

Lighting should emergency services be required to attend something while there was a crowd in.

Folk that think we can meet our contractual and safety obligations in a power cut are being a bit naive.

Aye it's a pain in the arse and many will disagree. You could throw the guys on to play the game, but unfortunately there's more to staging an SPL game than that.

Blue smoke currently spreading accross from behind the floodlights at the right hand side of the cooper with a fair few yella jaikits around it. Smells like burning oil from over in the east.

Im sure i saw jennings with a petrol can running away saying thats another bet secured :whistling:

Today's events are another nail in Fir Park's coffin as I don't see us being able to obtain a safety certificate for much longer.

It wouldn't surprise me if we were forced to ground share with Airdrie sooner rather than later.

The same thing would have happened at the vast majority of grounds in the country.

What part are you not getting MJC?

Game was rightly called off. Nothing at all to do with Motherwell, not the club's fault in any way. Wish folk would stop jumping on every opportunity to rubbish the club they "support" as some just cannot wait to do so.

• Like 1

The same thing would have happened at the vast majority of grounds in the country.

What part are you not getting MJC?

Would it?

I'm not getting the bit that for the second time in less than a year we've had a game called off due to some sort of failure which has resulted in smoke pumping out of generators.

Forgive me for being cynical, but that on top of all the other issues with FP over the years is just too much of a coincidence for it to just be 'one of those things' and I'm afraid that there are in fact some very serious failings with Fir Park as a stadium.