Jamie Murphy - Scotland Squad

joewarkfanclub

Right troops. Looking for some help settling a debate on the TAMB.

1. Is Jamie our best player YES/NO?

2. On current form should Jamie be in the Scotland Squad. YES/NO?

I like Jamie as a player and had great hopes for him, but he hasnt developed as I hoped and I feel he needs a move if he is ever going to fulfil his potential.

So, right now, my answer is NO to both questions.

I thought most of us were of similar opinion, however I am informed there are many Well fans particularly from Wishaw and surrounding areas, who think differently.

Thoughts?

no and no

so who are these people? name them!!!!

i do believe he has the ability to play at a higher level, but he has to bulk up and be physically stronger if he wants to achieve those ambitions - he has definitely stalled

someone mentioned Griffiths and Watt - he was even ahead of Goodwillie in the U21s

his contract up at the end of the season? if so, cheerio and best of luck - we just need to hope the board keep offering him a new deal so we can get some kind of compensation

Thanks for the responses guys. Almost 100% in agreement with my initial thoughts which were guaged purely on the vibe around Fir Park.

I will feedback my findings to the TAMB in due course

Jamie Murphy is our best offensive player.

I've only been to 3 matches this season so I can't really say for sure but by all accounts he's not performed as well as he can but I think you could probably say that about a lot of the players this season.

I don't think he's shown the level of consistency you should require to get into the Scotland squad. I agree the likes of Mackay-Steven, Johnny Russell, Leigh Griffiths and even Tony Watt are better shouts at the moment.

However I will say this 4 goals in 9 league starts isn't bad for a player who's 'off form'.

Also 43 goals in 202 matches would be decent for an out and out striker. For a player that's not an out and out striker it's pretty darn good and even better when you take into account about 40 of those appearances were substitute appearances.

He's not good enough for Scotland right now and possibly might never be but I would always have him in my Motherwell line up.

• Like 4