Mccall

Squirrelhumper

he is obviously keen on getting a move.

i heard a rumour he has been in discussions with another club for the last few days about becoming their manager.

Now that we've established that you take rumours as absolute fact, that might explain the standard of your posts. Cheers for clearing it up for us all.

Don't get me wrong, I give as much credence to the rumours on Titter (no typo) as I do to steelboy's. My instinct still says he'll be at Bramall Lane next season and that there may be a degree of hard negotiation going on here. But again, I wouldn't blame him for that. Before I would move jobs, I'd want to ensure the best conditions I could. At least it shows he's not jumping ship for the first offer that comes along.

Despite what steelboy wants us to believe...

As much as he has been terrific for us, I 'd be disappointed to see him stay now. I thought this was a perfect time to cash in and build a new squad with a new manager.

I kind of know what you mean. If we're to change manager in the next year or two (which if McCall continues his good work, is likely), now would be the best time to do it.

A new manager coming in would have a strong base to start with in Hutchinson, Lasley, Hammell and Ramsden but scope to build his own team round about that...

My take on the whole saga is that perhaps McCall s looking to move back down South.

I don't know what his family circumstances are but I would imagine his kids are in their teens and maybe they are putting pressure on him to move back closer to friends and family?

Yeah, he's maybe turned down Sheffield but I,m sure there will be plenty of jobs come up during the season in the North of England area and I think he will continue to be linked with every one that comes up so what we have gone through in the last few days may well be repeated countless times.

I don't go with the theory that he's holding out for the Sevco job as I can't see Fat Sally being replaced anytime soon.

1369605218[/url]' post='384275']

Delighted that McCall seems to be staying.

In an ideal world higgy, humphrey and faddy resign then ojamaa and hutchy sign contract extensions. That would be magic

Let me win the euro on Tuesday and I'll see what I can do rolleyes.gif

I cannot believe that some fellow 'Well fans make comments like "As much as he has been terrific for us, I 'd be disappointed to see him stay now. I thought this was a perfect time to cash in and build a new squad with a new manager".

How can you be disappointed to see him stay?

Please help me understand the reasoning behind such sentiments.

A successful manager, a great season, some entertaining football and yet you want a change. As someone who has been going to Fir Park for many, many years I know there is no guarantee that next season will be as enjoyable as 2012-13 but I would pay my money to see a McCall managed team before yet another gamble on a new boss. The gamble might be a winner but is it worth the risk and heartache. Building a new squad with a new manager is not what we need in the present state of Scottish football.

We finished runners-up for goodness sake. How much would Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen, Dundee United give to be in our position?

The biggest improvement I want for next season is in our cup performances, other than that I am satisfied with our on-field displays.

The Claret & Amber roller-coaster is fun but we don't want the old days of fighting relegation or bottom half of the league, it's not good for your health, enjoy the moment and what we have now.

Thanks.

• Like 3

I cannot believe that some fellow 'Well fans make comments like "As much as he has been terrific for us, I 'd be disappointed to see him stay now. I thought this was a perfect time to cash in and build a new squad with a new manager".

How can you be disappointed to see him stay?

Please help me understand the reasoning behind such sentiments.

I guess some people think that now his head has been turned once, there might be some question mark over his future commitment so it would have been better to let him go before it had the chance to waver again (and while we'd have made some cash out of him into the bargain).

Can't say I see it that way myself, though especially if his staying turns out not to persuade any of our out-of-contract lads to re-sign anyway, you could argue that it would have been as good a time as any to part company.

I actually believe McCall is one of the few guys in football who you can trust implicitly. He has never once said he wouldn't move but he has also said he is not searching a move. I think it is very clear he is happy working for Motherwell. The very reason for this is he is left to get on with it and there are no unrealistic expectations forming a noose over his head from the boardroom (the East Stand may be a different kettle of fish, mind). If you can have another run at that within very clear and set parameters with a management team (board) you can trust as opposed to a club who sacked a manager when they were in the top four who clearly have no money and delusions of grandeur he quite possibly feels the hastle wasn't worth it. I don't now think McCall is going to do a McGhee and put himself forward for every job going but if someone with money and ambition that matches come in then I have no doubt he will go. Delighted he appears to be staying but got to say wouldn't have been that bothered if he hadn't.

• Like 1

He's staying? The dirty turncoat bastard. Next thing you know he'll be trying to persuade those useless bams Faddy and Higgy to stay. FFS, we don't need that pish! We need another untried manager with no personal connection to the current squad so we can struggle with a bottom six finish.

• Like 1