Worst Case Scenario

The African

What are we looking at?

McCall gone to Sheffield so need a new manager.

Law, Humph and Hately off to Ibrox, Higdon and Faddie unlikely to hang around for next season.

Anyone elase likely to go?

And who or what will be left?

Gutting after a great season.

won't matter we'll still be Motherwell, players and managers come and go

Las, Hammell, Ojamaa, hutch, ramsden all still cutting about

Signed that Lawson guy who is a very good player, Cars looks ready to step up

New manager whoever he is will probably have a few guys he's worked with before and knows ready to bring in, then we'll have a few on trial and sign some guy's no ones heard and we'll have our team

Seen it before and we'll see it again!

The worst case scenario certainly is unfolding.

I actually didn't think any of our out of contract players would re-sign but I thought they would more sense than to sign for the Sevco circus.

I wasn't actually worried about McCall leaving, especially when he signed his new contract!

I think we will lose Hutchinson and/or Ojamaa also!

It's went from the sublime to the ridiculous in a space of time do short you wouldn't believe it possible.

Worst case scenario is that I lose my job, contract a flesh eating disease and my house burns down while I'm in hospital getting my legs amputated.

This is just fitba' and we have survived much worse.

We have enjoyed a high level of consistency in the past few years, but whether you are East Stirling or Barca, there will always be periods where that dips - especially during rebuilding.

Maybe I'm in a minority, but I'm actually looking forward to seeing the new team being built.

• Like 2

...I'm actually looking forward to seeing the new team being built.

And getting dismantled a year or two later.

It's all good fun and stops me from getting bored of qualifying for this Europe nonsense year in year out. Waiting for a new manager to be announced is always exciting, and just like the successor to Alex Ferguson he will have big boots to fill. Bring it on!

Very true the season after we won the cup. We were crap. It's just the way it is for all small clubs like us. We've had 3 cracking seasons and next season who knows. Im going to assume we'll have 5 players no manager and a hope that we can rise again. :drinks:

In what way is that 'worst case scenario'?

IF that were to happen, then we'd get a new man to carry on the good work with a decent squad of players.

The fact that you seem upset that our most successful manager in the 20 years is staying is fucking baffling.

In what way is that 'worst case scenario'?

IF that were to happen, then we'd get a new man to carry on the good work with a decent squad of players.

The fact that you seem upset that our most successful manager in the 20 years is staying is fucking baffling.

Fair do's Desp.

It just doesn't sit well with me that within weeks of signing a new contract, he cuts short a family holiday to speak to a League 1 club. His success with Motherwell is beyond all expectation. Given the rebuild that lies ahead however, there is a chance that we could end up being lumbered with a squad that a new manager doesn't fancy.

As much as we don't want to see a quality manager depart, a change just now would have been well timed.

thought that was misreported and he didn't cut it short!

doesn't matter either way, he turned down a move to a bigger club and a bigger wage to stay with us

obviously he thinks there is still more he can achieve here, cup win, Euro qualification? who knows but I'm sure McCall will be aiming to raise the bar once again and that is an exciting prospect.