Motherwell V Aberdeen 30/10/13

well_nuts

Hope we win and shut the media/Aberdeen fans up, I hope we get a good reaction after what sounds like a dire game on Sunday.

But.....

If we don't win it will be very disappointing but at the end of the day we are Motherwell and we will dust ourselves off and get on with it. So lets not piss our pants that our full season depends on this one game and build it up into something it's not. 100% behind the team and the rest of the staff win or lose.

2-1 for us and we will finish the game with 10 men.

MON THE WELL popcorm1.gif

Coming up for this 1 & looking forward to it although my confidence has been dented after watching the game on Sunday.

Hopefully we see the right reaction from the boys, no reason why we can't win this, we need to get right behind the team from the start.

Can see a few goals as expect both teams to be going for it. 3-2 to the 'Well.

I fail to see how this is trolling. Yes the poster might have a different and somewhat negative view to others on the forum but he calls it how he sees it. Nothing wrong with that in my view or should we all blindly beat the same drum when the truth is staring us in the face?

It's trolling because regardless of how well we are playing, he has come on here every week for years with the "We're Doomed" spiel.

Back to the game itself, it looks like the club understands the fans' priority this season, so let's hope the performance reflects that.

Yet, even were Motherwell to win in midweek, Hutchinson may not have the opportunity to play another cup tie for the club. Out of contract in the summer, the Newcastle-born player, says he has “never thought of leaving” and doesn’t see why he “couldn’t extend” his stay. He will only think about his future when a contract offer is presented.

McCall met the player’s advisers this week and will be looking for a response quickly. If a deal is rejected, Hutchinson is in the final months of his Motherwell career. “He is still not the finished article and I feel that it would be better for his development to extend his stay here,” McCall said. “That would be better than the club trying to shuttle him out in January. The club has to safeguard itself. I know he is enjoying himself here and he needs to look at the bigger picture too. His agent and advisers will be saying it’s time to move on but I genuinely don’t think it is yet.”

Is what interested me in that article........

fingers crossed he decides to extend his stay

In relation to the earlier chat about Motherwell choking in Cup competitions Are we forgetting who we exactly are playing on Wednesday night?

Dunfermline...East Fife...Queen of the South....Raith Rovers....Hibs.....

Ring any bells?

Whether they happen to have beaten us in the Cup in recent seasons or not Aberdeen are just as, if not more, prone to shitting in the nest when there's a golden opportunity at hand than we've ever been.

The tie is there to be won.

In relation to the earlier chat about Motherwell choking in Cup competitions Are we forgetting who we exactly are playing on Wednesday night?

Dunfermline...East Fife...Queen of the South....Raith Rovers....Hibs.....

Ring any bells?

Whether they happen to have beaten us in the Cup in recent seasons or not Aberdeen are just as, if not more, prone to shitting in the nest when there's a golden opportunity at hand than we've ever been.

The tie is there to be won.

Exactly Andy - their victories against us apart, Aberdeen have been prone to poor Cup displays themselves. Its the beauty of the Cup, form goes out the window and the best team on the night will progress. Was chatting to a colleague who is an Aberdeen fan and fears the worst for them tomorrow night. Should be a cracking Cup tie and I hope the players are as up for it as I am.

I've posted this in the display thread but didn't think there'd be any harm posting it here too for anyone that misses it. I tried to embed the youtube video but I still haven't quite mastered it.

"

http://youtu.be/h8iC1Yf6h84

Also, we know that not everyone likes to go to the football and sing for 90 minutes but if we could encourage fans to take part in any of the singing tomorrow we'd love it to be at the start of the game for "HAWNS" leading into SIWY. Stuart McCall says he'd like a flying start tomorrow and there would be no better way of getting the team going right before kick off than looking round and seeing the whole East Stand (ideally the whole stadium) joining in before belting out SIWY. I've attached a youtube video if you arent familiar with the build up. If you only sing one song tomorrow night, atleast make it this and try your best to encourage those around you to join in with the overhead clapping. As always, the more the merrier down that side of the east and if you've been thinking about moving seats before but not quite managed it, theres no better opportunity than tomorrow.

Edit: This will take place as soon as the display is finished."

Any thoughts on our starting 11 for tomorrow. Aberdeen seem to be lining up 4-2-3-1 these days and packing the middle of the park has worked well for them against us.

I hope he plays 4-4-2 with.zfa and ainsworth and gets at them but I've got a feeling we'll see lawson starting and Anier out wide. Considering that we always concede we need as many attacking options as possible.

Time for S McC to earn his corn and get the team up for this one. no point in waiting to we are behind as this is not the young Hearts team we are playing. IMO he needs more width and more work rate from some of the team. I hope he sees this as a start for Anier and Sutton and gives them something to think about.

Mon the Well.

Its a cup tie. A one off game.

Nothing that has gone before matters.

Whoever wants it more on the night will win.

Lets hope the manager knows who he can trust to put in a performance.

1383073754[/url]' post='397980']

I'd like to see a couple of wide players getting at them too. I don't care what team it is, defenders don't like people running at them. Plus it creates a bit of momentum and gets the crowd going.

Plenty would agree, although, Mr McCall hinted otherwise when I caught him on the radio earlier...

Why? Fail to see how a player who has done the square root of hee haw this season is suddenly the lynch pin we need to win this game.

He has done the square root of hee haw this season. However if he's not any good he must be lucky because we got 4 wins and a draw with him in the team then when he wasn't there we lose 2 out of 3.

I'll have a hee haw player in the team if he's lucky.