Damage After Celtic Game

gilmour

A celtic fan at my work wss at the game, told me they were doubling up at the turnstiles and the stewards just looked on, no reason to doubt him as he is 64, and had his 12 yr old grandson with him, he also left at 3-0, to avoid all the smoke etc.Well pissed off today with "the greatest fans in the world" , so he is.

I can see the headlines now......... Persecuted green brigade fans take their appeal on banning order at Parkhead to the court of human rights in Strazburg . All on legal aid as well . Cant wait to see the tri colours with Lawell depicted as Hitler on them at the next home game

*Brings out Seville calculator*

I counted at least 30 of the flimsy plastic seats broken in some form or another when I was leaving (we stayed until the end once everyone had cleared out), as did quite a few of my mates that were with me.

Interestingly enough was listening to the Radio Clyde phone in tonight (yes I know I'm a sad bastard). Hugh Keevins saying in response to a text that nothing was said in the media about Motherwell fans wrecking NDP that he did not witness any broken seats at the game????

Maybe he couldn't see them for all the smoke.

Celtic and Rangers fans have been descending on towns in Scotland and doing what they want for even longer than the 40 odd years i've being going to games. The ONLY reason Celtic have gone to town on them is UEFA. They couldn't give a fuck about our shitty wee ground and its seats, a euro ban would cost them big time, sending the share price and revenue down and it is that outcome that drives them at the moment. The next Old Firm game is going to be something. You will have those feckin vermin meeting up with your well balanced Rangers fans with a chip on both shoulders. Better empty the A&E's that night in readiness for the casualties

Interestingly enough was listening to the Radio Clyde phone in tonight (yes I know I'm a sad bastard). Hugh Keevins saying in response to a text that nothing was said in the media about Motherwell fans wrecking NDP that he did not witness any broken seats at the game????

Maybe he couldn't see them for all the smoke.

Just seen a picture confirming the damage at NDP. These wee wanks should be banned too for doing that imo.

Celtic fan jailed in Amsterdam for 2 months gets out on appeal and gets a VIP tour of Celtic park. Does anyone think the shite that comes out of there is true? Not on your life, trying to save face until the next time and then try to blame someone else, it's the Celtic way.

• Like 3

Nothing will be done, just like nothing has ever been done! It's not just the green brigade it's the group of wee fannies acting like ultras called the "well bois". Police had them lined up against the outer wall of the electric bar yet they still attempted to act "hard" and shout things. One boy tried to act the smart arse by quoting legislation and was subsequently carted. I'm all for atmosphere but not when it's embarrassing other supporters.

Bringing charges is ott in my opinion.A few idiots broke some seats and Celtic pay for it anyway, if anything Motherwell will be happy it happened as it takes the attention away from last week at ndp and as for the atmosphere outside, what have you never seen people pishing on a wall or shouting abuse at somebody. :lol:

It's not just the green brigade it's the group of wee fannies acting like ultras called the "well bois".

Wee fannies? Care to elaborate?

Police had them lined up against the outer wall of the electric bar yet they still attempted to act "hard" and shout things. One boy tried to act the smart arse by quoting legislation and was subsequently carted. I'm all for atmosphere but not when it's embarrassing other supporters.

Didn't happen, or if it did it was in no way connected to us "wee fannies". Unsurprisingly there were zero arrests on our side and to even begin to compare us to the GB is ridiculous, yes, we share the desire to bring back some atmosphere to Scottish football but thats where the similarities end. Broken seats at NDP aside (an isolated incident that I wont try to defend but will make clear much more effective self policing will be in place)we are well behaved as supporters and exist for the sole purpose of trying to create a better atmosphere inclusive of our whole support.

Have to say, hats off to the "wee fannies" that call themselves ultras tbh. They could have so easily been wee fannies on the night and reacted to the Celtic fans behaviour and escalated the situation as is very easy done a football match. They done they're own thing and stayed to the end (through a complete walloping) and supported the team.

Have to say, hats off to the "wee fannies" that call themselves ultras tbh. They could have so easily been wee fannies on the night and reacted to the Celtic fans behaviour and escalated the situation as is very easy done a football match. They done they're own thing and stayed to the end (through a complete walloping) and supported the team.

Mibbe a bit of pedantry but we're not and have never claimed to be "ultras", its a term that rightly or wrongly draws negative connotations in the UK and we're keen to stay away from it.

Folk on here should stick to wetting the bed.

For a start, the damage at NDP was nowhere near like that at Fir Park. The backs of some seats broken yes, concentrated in one area? No, you could hear the sound of chairs breaking all across the stand as Albion scored. The damage at our place was seats being ripped from their mountings,metal being ripped off comncrete , welds breaking and metal bending, as well as the backs of the seats being ripped off and chucked on the park.

When asked if they are casuals many say they are not casuals but they are ultras.

Again, not true. I know every single one of the guys most actively involved in the group, as do many other people on here and not a single one of them would seriously describe themself as an "ultra". Its bandied around from time to time in jest but to identify yourself as an "ultra" suggests that there are people who are not "ultra" and therefore a group structure or hierarchy which doesn't exist, the whole reason for that being its not meant to be a clique, we want all well fans involved.