Hearts V Motherwell 11/1/14

postiejim

Had a check, in 1991 we lost 0-2 home to Aberdeen then won five in-a-row before losing agin to Aberdeen. 1994 after drawing 1-1 with Celtic it again was five on the bounce before a 1-1 draw with Dundee United. Two years later we lost 2-3 at Ibrox then won six of the next seven, four in-a-row then 0-0 with Celtic and a futher two wins. 1999 after the 5-6 special it was three wins, a 1-1 draw at Tynecastle then another three wins. And more recently in 2007 a 1-1 draw with Saint Mirren was followed by five wins before losing 0-3 at home to Falkirk. In terms of league wins at the top level, this would be a first since 1937.

I seem to remember us winning 5 in a row in Alex McLeish's first season including wins at hearts and Aberdeen and a home win v rangers. Yhinknit ended with a 2each draw at easter road.

After a 1-1 draw at home to Celtic, we beat Falkirk 5-3 (H), Aberdeen 3-1 (A), Rangers 2-1 (H), Kilmarnock 3-2 (H) and Hearts 2-1 (A) before drawing our next two 1-1 (H) Dundee United and 2-2 (H) Hibs. The next game was a 3-1 win home to Partick which I remember John Lambie saying Motherwell absolutely hammered them in the first half, it was a brilliant 45 as I recall. 2-2 away to Celtic before the run came to an end home to Aberdeen (0-1). Think it was 15 league games unbeaten after we'd lost the opening league game at Ibrox to a, I'm sure, 99th minute winner.......

6 games on the bounce? something about that just isn't very... Motherwell....

Would take a draw in this game tbh, got a soft spot for hearts through family and experience of a good day out. Although, I think we will win by 4 goals or more. Their most talented "young" player IMO is Sam Nicholson who if he starts, he could change the games out look entirely.

The Hearts players look really out their depth and have lost every big 6 pointer they've faced this season. They now look to have even ran out of the early season enthusiasm which at one point looked to maybe be enough to keep them within touching distance of the teams nearer the bottom.

I feel a wee but sorry for them but at the same time I'll be really disappointed if we don't win this one, which isn't a feeling I generally have before league games.

It's a funny old game though and doesn't always work like that.

The two players from Hearts that worry me are the goalkeeper McDonald - I think he is one of those keepers that can get you something out a game. The second is Ryan Stevenson, I think he is a class player (Scottish Premiership level) on his day.

mcdonald is average at best and stevenson is just utter shite

• Like 1

Lots of people including Hearts fans are taking us at -1 & -2. Myself included.

That usually means that it will be a draw or a 1-0 win, which under normal circumstances I would be happy with.

From their betting thread

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:02 PM

You could put your house on John Sutton to score on Saturday.

1389302649[/url]' post='403314']

mcdonald is average at best and stevenson is just utter shite

Stevenson is their best player by a mile, he's a real match winner. We tried to sign him last season before hearts pipped us to the post if I remember correctly.

Got to agree with Frazzie. I could be wrong but was it not Stevenson who approached Hearts asking to join them cause he didn't want to join us ? Either way every time i see him i think "good move ya scudbook". I'm sticking by my 5-0 Well prediction we were shown no mercy by teams when we were in administration so Hearts should get no sympathy from us either.

• Like 1

Unfortunately I'm sticking by my prediction of a Hearts win here. Whenever Motherwell fans get cocky and over-confident and there is a record there to be broken(6th win on the trot) we end up losing, ie. Albion Rovers, Ibrox, any game against oldco Rangers when they were 'there for the taking', Aberdeen in the Cup QF two seasons back.

Apart from that, as has already been pointed out, only Celtic have 'hammered' Hearts at Tynecastle this season and Hearts have beaten both Aberdeen and Hibs there and drew with Dundee Utd so quite where these predictions of 4, 5 or 6-0 victories come from is beyond me. We struggled to beat them at Fir Park in October so there is absolutely not a cat's chance in hell that we're going to go to Tynecastle and dish out a drubbing.

Aye, he agreed to sign for us before having his head turned by a cub who had previously failed to pay his wages. I hope we stick it to the cunt on Saturday.

No mercy.

My sentiments exactly.

The latest from Gary Locke and his ongoing problems on trying to field a team.

He says...

there is "no chance" of filling the bench for Motherwell's visit to Tynecastle on Saturday.

Asked if there could come a time when he will be unable to name any substitutes at all, Locke said: "Possibly, possibly.

"At this time of the year, unfortunately, there are a lot of bugs going about and two or three of the players have been laid low, Callum Tapping being the new one this week.

"There might come a time when what will happen is that I will have to put a 16-year-old kid who has just left school on the bench, but what can you do?

"It is not getting any better. Danny Wilson was laid low with a tonsillitis bug, he has lost about seven pounds in weight, it has really taken its toll on him.

"Kevin McHattie is struggling with injury, Callum has a bug as well, so he is extremely doubtful for the weekend and the other boys who are injured are still out."

There is a good chance that whoever meets Hearts at the end of the season could be playing Tynecastle Secondary under 16s. laugh.gif

Unfortunately I'm sticking by my prediction of a Hearts win here. Whenever Motherwell fans get cocky and over-confident and there is a record there to be broken(6th win on the trot) we end up losing, ie. Albion Rovers, Ibrox, any game against oldco Rangers when they were 'there for the taking', Aberdeen in the Cup QF two seasons back.

Apart from that, as has already been pointed out, only Celtic have 'hammered' Hearts at Tynecastle this season and Hearts have beaten both Aberdeen and Hibs there and drew with Dundee Utd so quite where these predictions of 4, 5 or 6-0 victories come from is beyond me. We struggled to beat them at Fir Park in October so there is absolutely not a cat's chance in hell that we're going to go to Tynecastle and dish out a drubbing.

Tbf, spoke to 2 hertz season ticket holders yesterday and they have the fear about this game and can easily see the above scoreline tomorrow...

Tbf, spoke to 2 hertz season ticket holders yesterday and they have the fear about this game and can easily see the above scoreline tomorrow...

I also spoke to a Hearts supporting mate and he has similar fears. I know in football that anything can happen, however, as the weeks go on Hearts are becoming weaker and weaker. If we can’t at least put 3 past them tomorrow I will be surprised. The guys that are turning out for them are barely out of nappies.

There's absolutely not a prayer that we'll win by a large scoreline tomorrow. They tend to sit in and that doesn't suit us as we don't have the flair and pace to break sides like that down. They've also got Wilson and Hamill back for them in defence so that should shore things up for them a bit.

If we were to win it'll be by a single goal, either 1-0 or 2-1 but like I said I strongly fancy Hearts tomorrow.