Hearts V Motherwell 11/1/14

postiejim

After the Albion Rovers debacle and the pumping from Shellic, none of us expected six wins on the bounce. Great credit is due to McCall and the lads for what they've achieved. It's been a mixture of incisive attacking fitba and gutsy defensive discipline that's earned us those 18 points, four clean sheets too.

Well done lads.

Not a convincing win but a win non the less. Could feel them scoring at the end but we managed to hang on.

As a side note I managed to spot one of the people that have been letting off the bangers, and hes a banger himself. He was about 12 year old and was trying to mooch booze and fags off me and my mate at motherwell station, he was swiftly told where to fuck. He was kicking about the place latching himself on to groups of Well fans before they told him to beat it. He was also on my bus when I was heading to motherwell, he was sitting up the back himself singing Motherwell songs. Interesting to see who it actually is that is causing the problems.

Not a convincing win but a win non the less. Could feel them scoring at the end but we managed to hang on.

As a side note I managed to spot one of the people that have been letting off the bangers, and hes a banger himself. He was about 12 year old and was trying to mooch booze and fags off me and my mate at motherwell station, he was swiftly told where to fuck. He was kicking about the place latching himself on to groups of Well fans before they told him to beat it. He was also on my bus when I was heading to motherwell, he was sitting up the back himself singing Motherwell songs. Interesting to see who it actually is that is causing the problems.

You're a banger.

• Like 1

Hard going today... should have been well ahead at half time, and for whatever reason lost the plot in the second half. Thought big Hutch played v well, that aside thought we struggled in the second half against a team of keen youngsters. Collum is a disgrace, some of his decisions defied belief...

All in all a great 3 points; special mention to the bois, brilliant toady sang all game even without the drum to begin with.thumbup.gif

turned into a bit of a slog

could have been three or four up quite easily

Ainsworth looking the liveliest and most likely to unlock them after a slow start

But big Hutchinson was immense,

fully deserving of any move up that he achieves , maybe more of his new fans will get his name correct

Just finished watching the game on Alba. Seemed in complete control the first half then around the 60 minute mark our midfield seemed to disappear for a while.

Lacked a little match sharpness in patches, but can't complain with the result or the 6-in-a-row. Deserved our victory more than Aberdeen did last night.

Just finished watching on Alba. While we were the better team I'd be lying if I said it was enjoyable viewing. Really feared we were going to concede in the 2nd half, we were hanging on a bit at the end.

At the end of the day though we picked up the 3 pts & kept a clean sheet. 6 wins on the trot is an amazing achievement, a massive well done to the players & management.

Got to add that big Gunner does give me the fear though, never sure what he's going to do next. Stevenson's cross came off the bar & back into play while he was still swinging on the bar!

To be fair to him though he did make a few decent saves as well.

Enough about the ref, I thought he was mediocre and have seen much worse.

Their first penalty shout looked ball to hand but the second one did look to get played by Keith's arm at first viewing.

Agree with that, looked like a definite handball by Keith, we were lucky to get away with it I think.

Watched it on Alba.

Decent first half, pretty poor second.

Tidy finish from Sutton, not sure what the keeper was doing mind you. Rushing off his line worried Sutton's blistering pace was going to leave the defenders for dead?

Thought Neilson did pretty well, few good saves.

More fireworks/bangers.......fuckin cut it out.

We're on a brilliant run winning 6 in a row and you want to complain about bangers?

They aren't "fireworks" either, they produce no heat, aren't flammable and don't cause any damage. I can see the argument against flares/smokebombs but literally the only thing produced from the bangers is a noise.

• Like 1

Good first 60 mins. Should have been out of sight by then. Thought we lost our shape at the substitutions and let Hearts back into it. Still, the application, confidence and spirit are all still there in abundance. Long may it continue.

Hearts were far better than expected and really made us work for the 3 points. Feared the worst for the entire second half and wouldn't have begrudged them taking a point from the game so I'm absolutely delighted we held on. Well done to McCall and the team, fucking brilliant.